Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Advice on Trades. 326k left, 25 Trades.
Barlow, Wells, Gray, Weitering, Adams, McCarthy all OUT.
OPTION 1: Trade Mills, Bring Rich into Mid via DDP and Grab a Defender like Simpson/Rance, McCarthy for Petracca (Focus on Defender)
OPTION 2: Trade Mills for Zorko, McCarthy for Petracca. (Focus on Mids)
OPTION 3: Looking for other options from community.

Def: Shaw, Rich, Seedsman, D Byrne-Jones, Tippa, Brown, Adams, Weitering
Mid: Ablett, Danger, Priddis, Smith, Hannebury, Libba, Mills, Hewett, R Gray, Davis, Oliver
Ruc: Gawn, Natanui, Grimley
Fwd: D Martin, A Hall, Wells, Kerridge, Barlow, Kennedy, McCarthy, Menadue
Focus on mids. Then forwards. Defence last. Rookies are scoring 80s, premiums 95s. Mid rookies scoring 70s, premiums 115.

the cranky one

Development Coach
May 7, 2015
After last weeks stupid error (making trades after lockout forgetting you cant reverse them) which meant missing out on Smith (COL) and having to play M Cox on the field at R2. So 2 rectify the error, trades this week are:

McCarthy - Gawn
Mills - Petracca

leaves 113k in th bank, 22 playing subject to sunday teams, limiting the hurt. If Petracca not named will trade rocky to zorko

negatives means still have rocky and barlow on the pine Fix next week with zorko and TBA (unless barlow is named)

team after trades
Shaw Rich KK Tippa Brown DBJ Weitering Cowan
Danger Parker Ablett Hall Libba Kerridge Petracca Dunkley Barlow Rocky Gresham
Gawn Goldy Loersch
Dollhouse Dusty BKenn Menzel Menadue M Cox Wells Adams

I know there are areas that could be done a little better, however i have my reasons for doing it this way, unless someone can show me better way.

Mar 3, 2016
Advice on Trades. 326k left, 25 Trades.
Barlow, Wells, Gray, Weitering, Adams, McCarthy all OUT.
OPTION 1: Trade Mills, Bring Rich into Mid via DDP and Grab a Defender like Simpson/Rance, McCarthy for Petracca (Focus on Defender)
OPTION 2: Trade Mills for Zorko, McCarthy for Petracca. (Focus on Mids)
OPTION 3: Looking for other options from community.

Mid: Ablett, Danger, Priddis, Smith, Hannebury, Libba, Mills, Hewett, R Gray, Davis, Oliver

I reckon trade mills and mccarthy to petracca and premo fwd.... cash gen + will cover your forward doughnut...! plus opens dpp fwd/mid with petracca..

alrighty then

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Apr 30, 2015
Atm sticking fat with Mills to Keays and McCarthy to Petracca. Have 22 playing but with Menadue, Petracca, Kennedy on field in the fwd line and Lonergan, Hartley, Brown, DBJ on ground in defense :(

HOOPPIINNGGG the rookies can do well as a bit of a POD and then next week I hopefully welcome back Laird, maybe Adams, Wells and hopefully Barlow. Plusss ill most likely make two upgrades next week :)

Reactions: cactus

Nato

May 22, 2015
ive got to get rid of MCarthy in the FWD and looking to upgrade to Montagna / Merrett / Buddy. (cant afford Zorko, Dahl, already have Martin)
All have upside and downside, but i really cant split them.

Joey-great ceiling, but getting older (durability a question)
Merrett-loving his new role, but will the bombers drop off as the season progresses?
Buddy-massive ceiling, but has always had consistency issues

would love some thoughts.
Cheers

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
i am getting to the point that im going to be forced to upgrade my backline before my fwds
with injury's, rookies at full price and no downgrade options down back its looking like im going to have a full premo backline
before fwd or mid this is not ideal at all
anyone else in the same situation ???

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
Struggling with this decision also. If you figure it out, let me know lol.

I'd say yes. Same reason I've drawn a line through Pittard. I have DBJ on the field (Doing very nicely) but a loss usually means this type of player scores poorly. I can see a few more losses on Carlton's horizon. Port's too.

Reactions: Dino

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
The carnage on the selection table hurt but I've been able to cover it by bringing in Dusty instead of Pendles. Was going to get him at some stage but might as well go now while he is bottom priced and it will save me a donut.

Reactions: elitestix

lenny

Development Coach
Jun 21, 2015
I'd say yes. Same reason I've drawn a line through Pittard. I have DBJ on the field (Doing very nicely) but a loss usually means this type of player scores poorly. I can see a few more losses on Carlton's horizon. Port's too.

Looking at their stats, they’ve actually scored ok in losses. Against the Dogs they were the top scorers Docherty 104 Simpson 101, Docherty 116 Simpson 84 in a Suns loss, Docherty 76 Simpson 86 in a Swans loss and Docherty 118 Simpson 104 in a Tigers loss.

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
i am getting to the point that im going to be forced to upgrade my backline before my fwds
with injury's, rookies at full price and no downgrade options down back its looking like im going to have a full premo backline
Not yet. But maybe soon if Weit comes back and is a priority to trade ... I'm kind of dreading it because there are not many in the backline who I really fancy at a decent price. I might consider Houli if he can put together some good games but otherwise most of the decent options are pretty close to fully priced.

Out Mills and McCathy and in Petracca and Dusty for me.

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
Not yet. But maybe soon if Weit comes back and is a priority to trade ... I'm kind of dreading it because there are not many in the backline who I really fancy at a decent price. I might consider Houli if he can put together some good games but otherwise most of the decent options are pretty close to fully priced.

Out Mills and McCathy and in Petracca and Dusty for me.
yeh im out mccathy and mills for petracca and zorko

but i have laird and adams on the bench
with tippa, dbj and brown on field maybe not dbj but tippa and brown will need to move on soon
and adams if hes not back soon with no down grade options at the moment down back
will make it hard

GMAT

Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Mar 3, 2016
Yes I am also unfortunately, was hoping this season to leave backline upgrades to last.

Reactions: Brad

tiltraise

Development Coach
Nov 13, 2015
ive got to get rid of MCarthy in the FWD and looking to upgrade to Montagna / Merrett / Buddy. (cant afford Zorko, Dahl, already have Martin)
All have upside and downside, but i really cant split them.

Joey-great ceiling, but getting older (durability a question)
Merrett-loving his new role, but will the bombers drop off as the season progresses?
Buddy-massive ceiling, but has always had consistency issues

would love some thoughts.
Cheers

If you dont have the F/B link currently set up you could trade McCarthy for a back by swinging Tippa/Brown to FWD.

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Alright, so, because of Laird, Houli, Adams, McCarthy, Barlow and Wells I'm going to have to trade to avoid a 0 down back... My current trades are

McCarthy+Mills to Petracca+Enright

I'm considering getting Boyd or Simpson but Enright is about 60k less and I can definitely see him matching those two for average. Thoughts? Should I just pay the extra 60k and get Boyd?... I don't like paying full price down back because everyone is a bit up and down... Boyd could possibly be worth the price tag

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
OPTIONS?: What would you do with the 2 trades, focus on bringing in a midfielder like Zorko or Defence like K Simpson?
Help is welcome.