Round 8 trades

tiltraise

Development Coach
Nov 13, 2015
Alright, so, because of Laird, Houli, Adams, McCarthy, Barlow and Wells I'm going to have to trade to avoid a 0 down back... My current trades are

McCarthy+Mills to Petracca+Enright

I'm considering getting Boyd or Simpson but Enright is about 60k less and I can definitely see him matching those two for average. Thoughts? Should I just pay the extra 60k and get Boyd?... I don't like paying full price down back because everyone is a bit up and down... Boyd could possibly be worth the price tag

All reasonable options with different byes id suggest going with the bye that suits your structure.

lenny

Development Coach
Jun 21, 2015
Who would you hold out of Adams and Weitering, im thinking of holding Adams as Weitering will take a while to turn his cash potential around with his high BE

kinggo

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Apr 27, 2015
Carlton are round 13 bye so id be loathe to get both of them at this stage.
Sharing a bye with the Crows, Pies, Suns, Tigers and Saints. I'd say round 13 bye premiums will generally be light on in most teams so Docherty and Simpson could work well for bye structure.

I traded in Simpson a could of weeks back and this week going Mill -> Petracca, McCarthy -> Docherty.

Here's hoping for a better week then the past few - no donuts and coverage on all lines except Ruck.

kinggo

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Apr 27, 2015
Who would you hold out of Adams and Weitering, im thinking of holding Adams as Weitering will take a while to turn his cash potential around with his high BE
Hold Adams. As you say, Weitering's cash generation will be slow and Adams should average more in the long term.

Reactions: lenny and Steve

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Alright, so, because of Laird, Houli, Adams, McCarthy, Barlow and Wells I'm going to have to trade to avoid a 0 down back... My current trades are

I'm considering getting Boyd or Simpson but Enright is about 60k less and I can definitely see him matching those two for average. Thoughts? Should I just pay the extra 60k and get Boyd?... I don't like paying full price down back because everyone is a bit up and down... Boyd could possibly be worth the price tag
Im in the same situation. I can see Enright avging about 95. Boyd has the higher ceiling but I expect Enright to be fairly consistent. 60K saving can go along way to getting the better midfielder when it comes time to upgrade there. With byes approaching, it will be important to consider them. I don't know it you have Zorko or plan to get him, but the Cats and Lions share the same bye.

Im stumped. Don't know what I am going to do yet.

tiltraise

Development Coach
Nov 13, 2015

Adams has a better bye allowing a post round 13 trade to a bye free player plus has DPP.

Reactions: lenny

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
OPTIONS?: What would you do with the 2 trades, focus on bringing in a midfielder like Zorko or Defence like K Simpson?
Help is welcome.
Def: Shaw, Rich, Seedsman, D Byrne-Jones, Tippa, Brown, Adams, Weitering
Mid: Ablett, Danger, Priddis, Smith, Hannebury, Libba, Mills, Hewett, R Gray, Davis, Oliver
Ruc: Gawn, Natanui, Grimley
Fwd: D Martin, A Hall, Wells, Kerridge, Barlow, Kennedy, McCarthy, Menadue
I'd probably bring in Pendles.

tiltraise

Development Coach
Nov 13, 2015
Sharing a bye with the Crows, Pies, Suns, Tigers and Saints. I'd say round 13 bye premiums will generally be light on in most teams so Docherty and Simpson could work well for bye structure.

Agree however it does mean 1 less premium option to choose from if your holding a Adams/Tippa/Brown type who can be upgraded post round 13 avoiding a bye.

TomCat

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015

I would choose Simpson or Boyd in that order. I like Simpson and have had him the past couple of years and he's been consistent and he's durable. Love Enright but he will get rested and being one of the Cats older players he may get rested for a couple of games rather than one.

Reactions: Dino and Steve

lenny

Development Coach
Jun 21, 2015
Thanks fellas, always good to get a confirmation when you're questioning these trades.

It's now time to head in and enjoy tonight's game. Carn Danger, I mean Cats

Reactions: Dino

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Sticking with the original plan of Mills and McCarthy to Petracca and Keays. Not compromising my structure or plan for the sake of making up a few points for one week. Everyone will have issues, excessive rookies on field, and potentially donuts this week. Fielding a solid 22 and sticking to my plan of 3 upgrades in the next 2 weeks sounds better than throwing it all out to field an extra premo this week.

Selwood for VC. Just a hunch.

TomCat

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
@Steve I'm making the same trades and going Selwood VC. Hopefully the saying that great minds think alike is true. :)

Reactions: Steve

Brky

Aspiring Coach
Jun 12, 2015
Sticking with the original plan of Mills and McCarthy to Petracca and Keays. Not compromising my structure or plan for the sake of making up a few points for one week. Everyone will have issues, excessive rookies on field, and potentially donuts this week. Fielding a solid 22 and sticking to my plan of 3 upgrades in the next 2 weeks sounds better than throwing it all out to field an extra premo this week.

Selwood for VC. Just a hunch.
This is plan 1 for me, plan 2 is Mills to Petracca and Sheridan to Dusty. With all the carnage having Sheridan as a warm body for 1 more week is making me lean towards plan 1.

Is Dusty a "must have" any more than Keays is?

GeoffMack

Development Coach
May 8, 2015
I don't know anything but its pretty tempting to go straight to an elite forward considering there's 3 I want and only 2 fwd upgrades left to do.
I envy you!!! I got 3 outs in def and 3 outs up fwd!!! So its McCarthy for Rance move Adams Fwd, Mills to Petracca. Swap Barlow with Petracca, play Josh Smith!!! Gives me 22.

Thoughts on Brodie Smith??

Reactions: Steve

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
I envy you!!! I got 3 outs in def and 3 outs up fwd!!! So its McCarthy for Rance move Adams Fwd, Mills to Petracca. Swap Barlow with Petracca, play Josh Smith!!! Gives me 22.

Thoughts on Brodie Smith??
I don't mind Smith at the price but I picked Rich over him 2 weeks ago.

I've got premos all over my benches and cover only in the mids so I'm screwed it there's any late outs. I feel for teams that have all of Barlow, Wells, Houli, Laird, Adams, McCarthy, Rocky and even Gray. So many popular picks gone at the same time.

Reactions: GeoffMack

alrighty then

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Apr 30, 2015
Anyone tempted to go for Ablett VC instead of the Geelong boys with all the public scrutiny

Reactions: doddy2731