Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
McCarthy to Petracca the obvious one for me. Lonergan and Mills the other potential outs. Leaves with enough cash to get anyone on any line in this week (or next week if I go a cheaper option this week)

Questions to be answered:
- Is Keays a must-have? Leaning towards no based on scoring and JS
- Can Trengove score at keeper level in defence for the remainder of the season in the ruck?
- Can Motlop go at 100+ for the remainder of the season? Nearly picked him a few weeks ago at $460k and feel like I've missed my opportunity.
- Westhoff is cheap and more ruck time guaranteed, is he a solid option to go 100+
- Should I just get the best midfielder in that I don't have (probably Hanners at this stage)?

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
McCarthy to Petracca the obvious one for me. Lonergan and Mills the other potential outs. Leaves with enough cash to get anyone on any line in this week (or next week if I go a cheaper option this week)

Questions to be answered:
- Is Keays a must-have? Leaning towards no based on scoring and JS
- Can Trengove score at keeper level in defence for the remainder of the season in the ruck?
- Can Motlop go at 100+ for the remainder of the season? Nearly picked him a few weeks ago at $460k and feel like I've missed my opportunity.
- Westhoff is cheap and more ruck time guaranteed, is he a solid option to go 100+
- Should I just get the best midfielder in that I don't have (probably Hanners at this stage)?
Answers -
1. No - i rate Matheson better and think they did as more nab time and better scores than keays just the broken jaw stopped him and hes been back in neafl for last couple weeks so expect to see him soon. If keays was dpp then i would lean his way.
2. Trengove was great yesterday and lack of port rucks and form means js ok. For 300k does he have to be a keeper? If he puts on 90 pts a week till rnd 14 and you swap for a simpson, rance, docherty, houli (i have him - 1 word "dont"), laird or any r13 prem your winning i think.Close to Prem scores till then with bye cover and a real premium in def.
3. Motlop - no. Too many prongs to the attack at geelong (tommahawk, menzel, danger / selwood resting fwd) best prem fwds seem to come from clubs that have 1 big man fwd and / or 1 mid fwd that they always go through - buddy at swans, jroo and martin rich, nroo and joey at st, hall and lynch at gc, jjk eagles, etc. Geelong too multifaceted in my opinion for a fwd to dominate their "fwd" points.
4. Westhoff - was always an enigma till that fine season which coincided with ports fairytale run (see easy draw imho) not for me. Looking fow rnd 14 fwd see zach merrett. I have him and have been impressed. Bit quiet last coupld weeks but still putting up numbers which i think will be top 6 and trust me woosha will be playing him so he develops to complement the druggo midfielders who are back next year.
Druggo reference couldn't be helped i barrack for Carlton. Sorry essendon players not true you were robbed. Hepell welcome at 3 in a row streak blues next year if he's not happy there.
Finished.

Reactions: Steve

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
5. Sorry missed one. Hard to know as everyone has diff opinion on who is best. My first mid upgrade was ward 2, dahlhaus and this week will welcome danger and neale i think. Danger obviously highest scorer but the value in my picks and the rise in ranking with no danger means possibly a choice well made. Go with your gut, but dont drop coin for the sake of buying someone whos price may be at its peak.
Now im really finished.

lenny

Development Coach
Jun 21, 2015
McCarthy and Mills out for me this week. Im thinking of double downgrading this week as I spent all my cash last week upgrading. Petracca is a definite in and may go a week early on MacPherson, undecided right now. Im not sold on Keays

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
I am now looking at mills to danger and possibly davis to brand via dpp. Not sold on his js but it gives me dpp flexibility fwd - def again, the bye structure is right and i get to hold weitering for def loophole which may be useful, davis played well in neafl apparently and after GC got a touch up from melb he might get a game. I want to bring in McPherson but it doesnt suit this week but if davis plays then maybe a weitering to brand as atm, adams, brown and dbj are scoring enough to play each week?????
Decisions decisions

deadoralive

Mar 15, 2016
Can Coniglio keep up this form? McCarthy and Mills out for Petracca and Coniglio. Potentially on the 2nd. Also potential changes to trade 2 if I can someone else for under 569k that I would like. Kennedy and dare I say it Gibbs?

Fbdonkey

Legendary Coach
Staff member
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Victoria
Can Coniglio keep up this form? McCarthy and Mills out for Petracca and Coniglio. Potentially on the 2nd. Also potential changes to trade 2 if I can someone else for under 569k that I would like. Kennedy and dare I say it Gibbs?

Coniglio has been building to this kind of form so I would say yes he can keep up his good scoring. My main concern would be his durability as he hasnt been able to play out a season yet.

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
Coming off an 1840 score, my worst in years (10 sub 80 scores killed me) I'm trying not to go complete panic stations and avoid the double upgrade (I have 700k in the warchest)Looking at M.McGovern and Mills to Dusty and Petracca. Seems like a no-brainer, Dusty won't be cheaper than he is right now and Petracca is 100% a must have. Potentially double upgrade next week!

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
I like the look of Keays if he'd kicked straighter on the weekend he'd have got 80 odd, 14 tackles over 2 weeks is also a big plus, Job security a huge worry but if he keeps up this level dont see why he'd not be picked, Maitheson is a pure clearance player and so would play a different role.
Leaning towards an early trade MacPherson if I have to downgrade this week.

Hoping Mills gets dropped

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
2k short of my planned trades. Mccarthy dropping in price has killed it. Looks like I might go for a double downgrade this week but it means fielding 2 mid rookies... could get ugly.

Rob86

Aspiring Coach
Apr 11, 2016
With 69k in the bank I am looking at getting rid of leunberger and Darcy parish for danger and petracca (haven't done the maths yet but I think it's doable)

toxic

May 1, 2015
Coniglio has been building to this kind of form so I would say yes he can keep up his good scoring. My main concern would be his durability as he hasnt been able to play out a season yet.

1st time poster!

Thoughts on Jackson Trengove - will play the Blivcas role as a mobile ruck for Port, can he average 90?
Would make him a great D6 and currently priced at 290K

Reactions: General Truce

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
1st time poster!

Thoughts on Jackson Trengove - will play the Blivcas role as a mobile ruck for Port, can he average 90?
Would make him a great D6 and currently priced at 290K

He's never really played that roll before so it's extremely difficult to judge, he's played as a backup ruck before and has scored not much better than when he played as a pure defender, I liken him to Shaun McKernan last season won't get many hitouts but if used as a link man & big bodied mid he'll score I think around the 80's, keep in mind on the weekend he had 14 HOs not going to happen against most rucks, and he gave away 4 FKs will be more against better rucks, on the positive side when he's had 20+ disposals in his career he's always scored well..

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
I've made my 2nd trade Mills -> Trengove and switched Lonergan into the midfield, probably as an emergency this week and out of the team next week.

qarocks

Development Coach
Feb 5, 2016
Out: BCrouch/Mills
In: Petracca/Selwood

Rolling with a mid setup of Danger/Selwood/Parker/Hanners

I think Adams will be out for 1 week, 2 max, so he stays. If Laird is still out, my bench of Tippa/Brown should hopefully score 120 combined.

Looking to bring Zorko/Ward/Dahl in over the next 3 weeks if possible.

zac

Apr 8, 2016
2k short of my planned trades. Mccarthy dropping in price has killed it. Looks like I might go for a double downgrade this week but it means fielding 2 mid rookies... could get ugly.
wouldnt suggest 2 mid rookies, im scared even putting petracca in my mid haha

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Its not a good feeling Steve. I had to field 3 mid rooks last week and will definitely be running 2 mid rooks for the next couple of weeks I think.

Reactions: Steve

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Its not a good feeling Steve. I had to field 3 mid rooks last week and will definitely be running 2 mid rooks for the next couple of weeks I think.
I've had 2 rooks every week, it just seemed to look a lot more solid when it was Mills and Kennedy. It will only be for one week (i've got an ultra agressive 3 weeks planned), I just hope it doesn't backfire. I think youre right though Doddy... Looks like the week to ditch Mills and unless you're going one up and one down, 2 on field seems pretty likely.