Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
I like the sound of ultra aggressive. Im looking at 1 up and 1 down for the next 2 weeks. Petracca and Zorko in this week. Hoping to be able to be ultra aggressive also and over the next 3 weeks bring in Buddy/Hanners/Boyd and think Zaharakis is great value at just over 500K

Reactions: Steve

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
I think i have talked myself into mills - cripps and weitering to docherty. Which will leave me, unlike a couple of guys above, only having to field one rookie in the mids - smith and i still don't have danger! So ultra aggressive for me too over next few weeks as only have 2d 1m and 2f rookies to have a premium 22. Was considering danger this week but with Cripps at only 521k and the Doc under 500 both with 100+ averages it seems to work for me. I'm not too concerned about losing any ground by not having danger as i have made up ground to approx 5900 from 17.3k after round two and set up to have full prem team possibly before bye rounds with a solid bye structure in place - obviously injuries, susp or form could affect this but fingers crossed.

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
1st time poster!

Thoughts on Jackson Trengove - will play the Blivcas role as a mobile ruck for Port, can he average 90?
Would make him a great D6 and currently priced at 290K
What happens when lobbe returns? Would think Dbj better placed as a keeper D6 if your looking at that sort of option. Dbj hasnt put a foot wrong, has great de %, looks like a footballer and all within 4 games. Js not an issue.
Trengrove was great last week but over his career he's patchy at best, seemed to ruck and do his own clearances when martin resting and opponent wasnt "a grade" and with Charlie at port now can see the hoff doing more rucking than trengrove. Just my summation of it.

Reactions: Dino

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
I think i have talked myself into mills - cripps and weitering to docherty. Which will leave me, unlike a couple of guys above, only having to field one rookie in the mids - smith and i still don't have danger! So ultra aggressive for me too over next few weeks as only have 2d 1m and 2f rookies to have a premium 22. Was considering danger this week but with Cripps at only 521k and the Doc under 500 both with 100+ averages it seems to work for me. I'm not too concerned about losing any ground by not having danger as i have made up ground to approx 5900 from 17.3k after round two and set up to have full prem team possibly before bye rounds with a solid bye structure in place - obviously injuries, susp or form could affect this but fingers crossed.

Same thought re: Docherty judders. He's looking as good if not better than most options down there.
Posted a question about this for the boys podcast, see if it gets an opinion as they weren't keen early.
I don't see an issue with 2 rooks in the middle as most matching and in some cases out scoring the so called premos.

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
Same thought re: Docherty judders. He's looking as good if not better than most options down there.
Posted a question about this for the boys podcast, see if it gets an opinion as they weren't keen early.
I don't see an issue with 2 rooks in the middle as most matching and in some cases out scoring the so called premos.

My "issue" if it is one at all with my rookies in the mids is the fact that they are Smith, Gresham, Hewett and Davis. Either didn't start round one ie: Smith or have been dropped Gresham and Davis, think Hewett missed one as well, which has limited cash generation but my main problem is that none of them are dpp and i would rather of had a say menadue or petracca in there to utilise switching players and playing the "developed / mature" rookies through there like Bken.
At the moment I will have Petracca or Bken as my E in the fwd line, when i would rather have them in the mids as I rate both their ceilings as higher than smith atm.
I can't really complain about who i have because I picked them, I am happy with my ranking so far based on the approach i took and I was able to loophole pendles VC 142 last week using Davis as C to get over the line in my mates league match while going up another 590 spots overall.

Anyway at this stage with mills - cripps and weitering - the doc it gives me what i want balance wise and sets up danger and macpherson in next week then only 3 rounds away from a full premo team* with some solid bench coverage.

* = disclaimer
I am classing houli and greene as premiums considering what i paid originally when compiling the team and not their yo yo scores and current averages.
I am actually considering downgrading houli around the byes to trent mackenzie who is my 2nd half of the year smokie due to being 202k because of a concussion early one game for 12 pts and a broken nose another early another game for four pts. Don't tell anyone, would hate for my suprise move to get around!!

Reactions: doddy2731

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
I am holding Mills this week.

I held on to Rocky but now he will go.

A couple of bubble boys this week so it will be interesting to see who is named

deadoralive

Mar 15, 2016
Marcus Adams just confirmed with a finger injury. Might be 2-3 weeks, probably forces our hand if Laird is held in many teams.

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Marcus Adams just confirmed with a finger injury. Might be 2-3 weeks, probably forces our hand if Laird is held in many teams.
Could also swing Adams forward if need be - i have Laird and wouldn't mind holding Adams for his DPP, might be an easy way to do it.

deadoralive

Mar 15, 2016
Could also swing Adams forward if need be - i have Laird and wouldn't mind holding Adams for his DPP, might be an easy way to do it.
Genius. Only problem I have is that I need to get rid of McCarthy and don't have enough coin for Selwood once Petracca comes in. Sam Gray if not named will have to depart instead if that's what it takes, (oh, how I was wrong on that selection).

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015

What I've done though means Brown is on field down back.

On Docherty and Simpson Blues' movement is so much better under Bolton it's making it easier for them to hit targets out of the back line keeping that de% nice and high.

GeoffMack

Development Coach
May 8, 2015
R7: 2242
23 Trades left
$79,300

Last week traded Dea and Mcd-Tipp -> Simpson, Smith

Now that Adams is out for 1-2 I need def cover. Obvious choice is Weitering out for a defensive premium but I also believe Petracca is great value so who to trade out: McCarthy or Mills.

Rance seems high price and plays for richmond, but I'm thinking he has something to prove after his "indiscretion". He may start playing like a house on fire.
McVeigh... I dunno...
Pittard and Docherty, can they keep it up???

Welcome any suggestions.

70l193.jpg

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
I agree with your assessment of Rance. He will be wanting to atone for his indiscretion and you would expect some decent scores from him.

Pittard is an unknown imo and riskier than Doch. At his price, I would definitely take Doch over Pittard and I expect him to be more consistent. 2 Blues in Def is what I am not sold on. Need to start looking at byes soon too.

I don't know why, but I have never been a fan of McVeigh. At his price and ceiling, he offers great value. Haven't considered Boyd?

As for the Mills/McCarthy predicament, it's Mills out for me. If I remember correctly, I read McCarthy was going to struggle to play this week and as such, won't loose any more $.

Back2theFuture

Aspiring Coach
Apr 5, 2016
Can I throw a couple of names into the mix, mid pricers currently but with room to improve-
Chad Wingard and Dempsey (Ess), both in the high 300s and have performed in the past, supercoach relevant?
Port are now playing a better mix of footy and the other Ess rookies down back are starting to hit the wall.

Alex_25

May 10, 2016
Hey guys I need some help. I want to trade out McCarthy and Mills but i can't decide who for.(I have $294,700 in the bank) I was thinking either Hannebery and Cox or Zorko and Keays. Which would be the best option? or is there someone else I should be looking at?

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
Hey guys I need some help. I want to trade out McCarthy and Mills but i can't decide who for.(I have $294,700 in the bank) I was thinking either Hannebery and Cox or Zorko and Keays. Which would be the best option? or is there someone else I should be looking at?
i guessing you have petracca then?
if you do i would be going with the zorko and keays
if you dont have petracca id rather see hannebery and petracca as a combo

Reactions: Alex_25

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
well that wont work either then would rather see
hannebery and keays as a combo but u need a dpp in your mids to do so

Alex_25

May 10, 2016
well that wont work either then would rather see
hannebery and keays as a combo but u need a dpp in your mids to do so

Haven't got any duel position mids atm so that doesn't look like an option but I'm gonna look at getting him in a few week when I cash in some other cows

Reactions: Brad