Trades & SC 2016

Coop

Feb 5, 2016
Throwing a new name in the mix for the Backline. Has anyone heard any info regarding MacMillan? Is he holding together regarding pre-season?
Looking through his numbers he seems to score pretty well when fit, now only 24 if fit could just sneak under most radars.
I'm thinking of him instead of KK.
I had a close look at him last week, Doddy. He's one of those risky players who decent upside.
He had 5 scores under 80 to go with 3 x 100+ and 5 x 90+ in 2015. He's played 23 games in the last 2 years.
The injury stuff scared me off!
I hate picking defenders!

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
I had a close look at him last week, Doddy. He's one of those risky players who decent upside.
He had 5 scores under 80 to go with 3 x 100+ and 5 x 90+ in 2015. He's played 23 games in the last 2 years.
The injury stuff scared me off!
I hate picking defenders!

Injury also scares me, but i need someone outside the box this year as i can see the majority of the backlines looking the same.
Hense the question regarding his progress on the PS track. He's one to watch over the NAB.

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
IMO it depends how many risks you are taking Doddy. If he is the only player in your team who has a consistent injury history, I think you can take the punt on him. Work out well for the coaches who took the punt on Higgins last year.

I think McMillian is in for a big year, well at least I hope he is for the sake of the Kangas and my SC team.

Reactions: doddy2731

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
IMO it depends how many risks you are taking Doddy. If he is the only player in your team who has a consistent injury history, I think you can take the punt on him. Work out well for the coaches who took the punt on Higgins last year.

I think McMillian is in for a big year, well at least I hope he is for the sake of the Kangas and my SC team.

I was of the lucky Higgins owners last year and it was sweet. McMillian would ve the only player with any type of history in the backline. The remainder of the team really has none so like you Dino i think he'd ve worth the punt.

Reactions: Dino

Coop

Feb 5, 2016
Injury also scares me, but i need someone outside the box this year as i can see the majority of the backlines looking the same.
Hense the question regarding his progress on the PS track. He's one to watch over the NAB.
I started with Lumumba last year, so who am I to judge!

smirski

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Jun 5, 2015
Mate i'm a Demons supporter and i couldn't even bring myself to picking him last year. And people are still entertaining the thought of him in their backlines.

Whats your thoughts on Mcdonald and Max Gawn this year doddy?

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Whats your thoughts on Mcdonald and Max Gawn this year doddy?

Both good picks, McDonald although I think might not score any better than last year he wont be worse. He is coming into his prime now and after a good season last year he will have confidence. I reckon that his lows will not be as low this year, had some shockers, 36,48 and not just in losses but those will turn into 60 - 65 which will bump that average to around 97. He will be an upgrade target for me but I don't think he'll let you down if you start him.
Gawn will go nuts this year and I see him hitting 110 avg no worries, I have him and that wont change.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
What do people think of this team and probably more importantly the structure:
(Rookie will change no doubt)

Def
H.Shaw A.Rance J.Bartel (C.Byrne)
B.Smith J.Cowan M.Brown (M.Hibbard)

Mid
S.Pendles G.Ablett (N.Freeman)
T.Rockliff O.Wines M.Duncan (J.Polkinghorn)
T.Libba D.Gore J.Jansen (R.Mathieson)

Ruc
S.Martin M.Blicavs (S.Grimley)

Fwd
D.Martin M.Barlow C.Sinclair (C.Petracca)
C.Bird N.Cockatoo S.Kerridge (N.Kommer)

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
The saints have said Freeman won't be playing NAB and there is no set time on a return. Looks like that rookie has a line through already.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Gawn has been in my thinking a bit, my worry is his scores against decent rucks, his biggest 2 were against Geelong & Essendon who both barley had AFL quality rucks on those days,

djoker

Feb 7, 2016
Gawn has been in my thinking a bit, my worry is his scores against decent rucks, his biggest 2 were against Geelong & Essendon who both barley had AFL quality rucks on those days,
gawn is a flat track bully. i am concerned about his scores against the better ruckman. he wont be starting in my team