Trades & SC 2016

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
I've got Martin and Barlow locked in, outside of that closest to a lock is Bird.
Yeah I kept playing around with Bird and really talked him up earlier in the preseason, but I swapped him for Wells and swapped Stefan Martin for Goldy

I don't think I can have Wells, Simpkin [or cockatoo], Kerridge and Bird on field in the forwardline

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Yeah I wouldn't feel comfortable with that, 3 out of the 4 Bird F4 i'm okay with even confident with, but i'm not convinced by the premium/keeper forwards.

Reactions: M4TT B8S

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Criticize my team. What's wrong with it, what do you dislike about it? Should I be having another midpricer in my forwardline or midfield in "The year of the midpricer"?Screenshot_1.png

Reactions: cactus

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
[The reason I have Currie instead of Grimley is I'm betting on Nicholls going down at some point, so Currie can make me a load of cash once he becomes #1 ruck for a few rounds]

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Not sure on Sloan, he will be the number 1 opposition teams will target in my view not to sure how he will respond to the extra attention with Danger gone.
As for Shaw, unlike Goldy i think we can start without him and pick him up later when he's cheaper IMO.

Reactions: M4TT B8S

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Not sure on Sloan, he will be the number 1 opposition teams will target in my view not to sure how he will respond to the extra attention with Danger gone.
As for Shaw, unlike Goldy i think we can start without him and pick him up later when he's cheaper IMO.
I agree Sloane will be number 1 target, but not sure that'll matter to much, he's a gun midfielder in the prime of his career, surely a tag (if teams even decide to play one) won't bother him that much

Shaw I was about to disagree with you and write the obvious reasons why he's a must have BUT Shaw had a DRAMATIC increase in average when Mumford got injured [was an average of 105 before and 120 after], where as most other GWS players had their average decrease dramatically... Mumford's fit, so maybe it's a good idea not to get Shaw yet +All the other factors like that Shaw's average increased by 20 points on 2014

so instead of GWS's attack starting with a good hitout from Mumford and traveling forward it went back, then they relied on Shaw to send it forward again.

Thanks doddy

Reactions: Dino and Prospector

jibba

Senior Coach
Veterans
May 8, 2015
What are everyone's thoughts on Malceski? The cheapest out of all the value premium options (ie: Yeo/Smith/Rich). Historically when he tends to put a season together he does it for 22 games and puts in a premium average. Was restricted heavily by injury last season and having a better preseason this time round.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
What are everyone's thoughts on Malceski? The cheapest out of all the value premium options (ie: Yeo/Smith/Rich). Historically when he tends to put a season together he does it for 22 games and puts in a premium average. Was restricted heavily by injury last season and having a better preseason this time round.

Even though he had a shocker last year with a 71 average, in 11 seasons he has only managed to better that 5 times. His overall average at the swans was only 75.5 in 10 seasons, has been injury prone and only played a full season twice in his career. And with the inclusion of Rosa I'm seeing him take more of the ball out of the backline. My thoughts (what is worth) is that last year was the sign of things to come for Mal and he may become more of a pocket type player, rather than a rebounding flanker, plus you want guys that play every game.

Reactions: M4TT B8S and cactus

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
I don't think Malceski is a ridiculous pick - but it is a risk - and probably more risk than you want to unnecessary expose yourself to at the start of the season.

If one was to get a lead with some promising early form he could be a good one to jump on at that stage ... maybe if you we're being forced to do an early correction or injury trade and he looked to be on song ...