Trades & SC 2016

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Interesting as I was hoping his recruitment meant that Brodie Smith could become more of a midfielder this year. Will be interesting to see how they play it
Can't remember when or where, but I'm sure I heard something about Don Pyke staying that he believed B Smith's best spot was half back

Reactions: M4TT B8S

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015

Tono

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Wouldn't be too worried just yet, have him in at F4. Great to hear that Kurt wants to play no.1 ruck - my bet is Horse Longmire would much prefer him up Forward with Bud, it's just so dangerous. Tippet did well when Pyke couldn't do his job but the Swans lacked scoring power. Sinclair has been recruited for a purpose, I'll be holding until the NAB rounds have given some insight..

If no Sinclair I assume that means no Ruck cover? Been burnt so many times on that line, it's a non negotiable for me.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Throwing a new name in the mix for the Backline. Has anyone heard any info regarding MacMillan? Is he holding together regarding pre-season?
Looking through his numbers he seems to score pretty well when fit, now only 24 if fit could just sneak under most radars.
I'm thinking of him instead of KK.

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Throwing Nicholls back in the ring for R2 spot... GC midfield all coming back, and Zak Smith leaving... Currie really their only other No.1 option, and well, he's not going to be ahead of Nicholls... I'd rather Nicholls with Ablett, Swallow, Prestia, O'Meara (etc.) at his feet, than Lobbe with Wines, Hartlett, Boak, Ebert

+For the first time in Nicholl's career, he's been doing full preseason sessions since day 1 [Haven't heard anything about it since then]

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Throwing a new name in the mix for the Backline. Has anyone heard any info regarding MacMillan? Is he holding together regarding pre-season?
Looking through his numbers he seems to score pretty well when fit, now only 24 if fit could just sneak under most radars.
Huge fan of the kid Doddy. If not for injuries over the years, he would be a lock in the backs for me. I haven't heard of any setbacks over the summer for him so here is hoping he is 100% at the start of round 1. If his body can hold up for the season, he is very capable of top 6 - 8 backs. His game is suited to SC as you have noticed from his scores.

Lets hope for a fit MacMillian and he keeps flying under the radar.

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Holy shit, his scores are better than I thought

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Got a question for the Lobbe believers and their thoughts on this point

one of the reasons I'm staying away from Lobbe is he has no back up... Most years that would help, but this year he'll come up against most teams playing two rucks... So Lobbe gets relied on to take on two fully rested ruckman rotating to save energy... I think he'll get smashed in the ruck most weeks

Back in 2014 most teams were playing 1 ruck, so he scored well, was 1v1... I'm curious as to your thoughts if that'll hurt him?

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Feel like there will be a 100+Avg in Geelong's back line.

Reactions: TomCat

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Got a question for the Lobbe believers and their thoughts on this point

one of the reasons I'm staying away from Lobbe is he has no back up... Most years that would help, but this year he'll come up against most teams playing two rucks... So Lobbe gets relied on to take on two fully rested ruckman rotating to save energy... I think he'll get smashed in the ruck most weeks

Back in 2014 most teams were playing 1 ruck, so he scored well, was 1v1... I'm curious as to your thoughts if that'll hurt him?
Lobbe is one of those rucks who wants to stay out there all day. Won't get lots of possies but gets h/o's to a good midfield and is a great tackler. He'll thrive playing big minutes. The question I'd ask back would be does it impact Goldy, Sauce, Maric etc playing one-out in the ruck each week?

Reactions: M4TT B8S

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Lobbe is one of those rucks who wants to stay out there all day. Won't get lots of possies but gets h/o's to a good midfield and is a great tackler. He'll thrive playing big minutes. The question I'd ask back would be does it impact Goldy, Sauce, Maric etc playing one-out in the ruck each week?
Yep, I think so... Sauce might get Lowden in the side, and Jenkins will probably help more than normal+Sauce is a decent forward at times... Maric has Hampson who'll play fulltime

Stefan Martin is one I'm a little concerned about, one out in ruck, Trent West can probably come back in the side

Goldy I think it will definitely effect... Probably still be the premier ruck, Ben Brown probably help him out a bit, but I can see him dropping a fair bit [Why I'm thinking of starting Tippett or similar in R2, so I can upgrade F5 to Goldy later and just move Tippett forward]

Apr 29, 2015
I've had a first crack at my 2016 side. A couple of blokes that I haven't included but will be keeping an eye on are Dangerous Danny Wells, Trengove, Jaeger, Bastinac, Gore and Jansen

I have stayed away from McVeigh down back and also from Fyfe (inj), Pendles (role) and Danger (role) in the mids.

I've not included Goldstein as there is only one player who is ever posted more than 130 ave in a season and that is GAJ. And with 3 of his first 5 opponents being Jacobs, Martin and Sandilands, I just think he is too expensive. I am taking a bit of a risk in my rucks with Mumford and Longer, but I think (hope) it will work out.

Still got $230K in the bank to play around with and certainly don't think that it's a perfect team. But happy enough with it for a first crack (even with Rich in, which I am not sure why I've done it but I'll stick with it for a bit longer)

DEF - K Simpson, J Bartel, D Rich, M Brown, R Bonner, K Collins | M Hartley, M Hibberd

MID - G Ablett, D Hannebery, C Ward, J Steven, T Rockliff, T Liberatore, S Colquhoun, R Mathieson | B Keays, H Balic, J Dunkley

RUC - S Mumford, B Longer | D Wyatt

FWD - D Martin, L Dahlhaus, Z Merrett, L Franklin, J Simpkin, S Kerridge | C Petracca, J Hiscox

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
I think there's about about 3 or 4 apart from GAJ that have averaged 130, but Ablett is the only one ever to do it in back to back seasons. Actually he might even be the only one to ever do it in more than one season.

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Cyril Rioli. Thoughts? He's surprisingly consistent in supercoach, and after a year of 20 games is he worth considering?

Didn't have any massive games this year in terms of SC score, so potential upside

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Forwards over 500k:
[I bolded the ones I'm considering/Got]
Deledio- Don't trust him to keep up the average
Montagna- Don't trust him either
Martin- Got
Dahlhaus- Yeah, would consider, had him last year, trying to stay away from dogs or I'll pick them all
Bennell- Will play forward so Barlow can go back in the middle [In my opinion] +Calf issues, can't see him playing 18+ games
Zorko- Scored well after byes, would consider
Wingard- In my side, I feel I can trust him to back up another average around 100
Gunston- Not sure how he'll go week after week without Roughead
Roughead- Injured
Higgins- Would consider, was very good once he settled into North
Westhoff- WTF? Did not realise he had a decent supercoach average, staying away because my knowledge on him is low
Barlow- In my side
Rioli- The Question
Robinson- Good once Beams left, not in great consideration for me