Trades & SC 2016

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Westhoff- WTF? Did not realise he had a decent supercoach average, staying away because my knowledge on him is low
Wow, Westhoff averaged 104.5 after round 8 till the end of the season, your thoughts on the Hoff? I wouldn't think to look at him but that's surprisingly good!

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
From memory westhoff was always very inconsistent, could go for 160 one week then back it up with a couple of 50's. If he plays more up the ground with the addition of Dixon that might change.

I'm not a fan of the Barlow pick, I think his move forward had less to do with necessity and more to do with the emergence of Lachie Neale. Not sure Bennel coming in will change Barlow's role from last season.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
I'm not a fan of the Barlow pick, I think his move forward had less to do with necessity and more to do with the emergence of Lachie Neale. Not sure Bennel coming in will change Barlow's role from last season.

I'm also of the same thinking.

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Ross Lyon said "We feel we took Barlow's strength away from him which is playing inside mid when we played him forward, we'll be giving him that opportunity in the midfield again this year"

was one of his replies on the social media #AskACoach thing run by the AFL

And, Westhoff wasn't inconsistent at all after round 8... one bad game, but they lost by 10 goals [Couple scores around 80-85, but they're not that bad as a forward, a lot better than say Jack Riewoldt], I probably shouldn't look at true forwards, but Westhoff does get a lot of games around 20-25 possessions, and never got more than 2 goals in a game last year, so he doesn't rely on them to increase his average

I'll probably agree with you before tomorrow and change the team again, but I don't like many of the higher end forwards this year, even the ones I am considering I still have questionmarks about....... Someone who I do like is Sam Gray, finished the year off incredibly averaging something like 110+ after he came back into the side. My only concern being Wines didn't play in those games so his role will be questioned at the start of 2016Screenshot_6.png Screenshot_7.png

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Westhoff is best in that roaming extra mid / follower role. With Dixon and Schulz both better closer to goal, maybe the 'hoff plays up the ground like that. I don't think he's a bad pick at all.

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Sam Gray on the other hand feels like fools gold to me. Scored well when Port were out of finals and had injuries, therefore they had nothing to lose by playing fringe guys in key spots. It was an incredible run he had tho.

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
What are your thoughts on Wells? He has the last bye, but with Simpkin around the same price and Mills in the midfield another more expensive rookie I'm not sure I can pick all 3

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
Ross Lyon said "We feel we took Barlow's strength away from him which is playing inside mid when we played him forward, we'll be giving him that opportunity in the midfield again this year"
Right on!

Reactions: Steve

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
I don't know about Barlow, he's one that is going to have to be watched over pre season. I seriously don't know where they can slot him in, and now with the forward line being stacked, it's like he's getting pushed to a swing man role.

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015

FURL?

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Everywhere you look in the forward line there is DPP, it's like Christmas down there, or should I say pass the parcel? You might get to have a go but you may not get the prize!
I think I'll start one of those DPP guys in the mids. We do seem loaded with them this year.

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
What are your thoughts on Wells? He has the last bye, but with Simpkin around the same price and Mills in the midfield another more expensive rookie I'm not sure I can pick all 3
1. Mills (I reckon he'll have Heeney-like impact straight away)
2. Simpkin (nice player, won't get it so easy carrying a heavier load at Ess)
3. Wells (is made of papier-mâché)

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Looks like Blicavs will be mostly a mid who'll go back as the extra in defence when needed that should lead to some good scores, good option if you're worried about shared work loads or teams doubling up on the big game time rucks like Goldy or Stef Martin,