Rate My Team

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
In a year when midpricers a super popular I've gone with a super safe almost purely with guns and rookies approach. Sheridan and Rich are my risks in the side. Libba and Wells are there too but they're that popular I really don't see them as risks.

My bye structure doesn't look pretty at the moment, but they're late this year and I'm sure I'll have injuries and upgrades to do that'll end up sorting it out [will limit my upgrade options slightly, but I'm willing to take that risk... 80%+ of people don't look at byes at all until about round 10 anyway]
Screenshot_1.png

Reactions: cactus and Tevez17

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Can't fault that much, Macaffer on field a worry, maybe Kerridge into mids for reliability

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
maybe Kerridge into mids for reliability
In theory I like to have more midfield rookies as they generally make more cash, but you're right... Not so many stand outs this year. Menegola and J.Smith both got injured, I'll probably Swap Macaffer to B.Kennedy if Kennedy scores well again in the next few NABs

Reactions: Tevez17

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
In a year when midpricers a super popular I've gone with a super safe almost purely with guns and rookies approach. Sheridan and Rich are my risks in the side. Libba and Wells are there too but they're that popular I really don't see them as risks.

My bye structure doesn't look pretty at the moment, but they're late this year and I'm sure I'll have injuries and upgrades to do that'll end up sorting it out [will limit my upgrade options slightly, but I'm willing to take that risk... 80%+ of people don't look at byes at all until about round 10 anyway]
View attachment 233
Very similar to what I've got at the moment. I have Bartel and Kolo in the back line instead of Shaw and Rich. I have Danger in the mids instead of Lids forward but apart from that very close. Oh I also have Stef over Jacobs.

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Very similar to what I've got at the moment.
I'm a big fan of this type of structure... Individual picks are debatable [especially premiums], but one thing that should be fairly set between most of the top teams is structure. It's good to hear that other good coaches on this forum are also running with a more conservative approach. Only really taking the big risks down back where they're most likely to become premiums, or even better, become stand outs and win you a season.

Reactions: cactus

RichardC89

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 4, 2015
This is where I'm at...

Besides locking down the rooks, the only other move I'm really considering is a downgrade of Bartel to a rookie. Then, using that money to upgrade Lobbe (most likely to Stefan Martin) and Dahlhaus to Deledio. Thoughts?

I just don't feel great about picking Bartel. I understand the potential value there, just a gut feel.

Screen_Shot_2016_03_06_at_8_44_08_AM.png

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
This is where I'm at...

Besides locking down the rooks, the only other move I'm really considering is a downgrade of Bartel to a rookie. Then, using that money to upgrade Lobbe (most likely to Stefan Martin) and Dahlhaus to Deledio. Thoughts?

I just don't feel great about picking Bartel. I understand the potential value there, just a gut feel.

Screen_Shot_2016_03_06_at_8_44_08_AM.png
I think ditching Lobbe is a good plan, I was never a fan and didn't have him in my side, but his NAB score has so far reflected that he's a bit of a spud... If your gut tells you to ditch Bartel then ditch Bartel, I'd move McDonald-Tipungwuti into the backline as forward rookies generally make more money. So you can get someone like McCarthy rather than someone like Sam Collins, next NAB will help with that obviously

Really solid side though, I really like the team you have

Thunderstruck

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 1, 2015

View attachment 233

Good looking side. Only question is the midfield. Not convinced about Macaffer. And I just feel Libba at M6 is the way to go this year. Although I can see lot of people having him at M5.

This is my side at the moment.

DEF: Houli, Laird, Simpson, Harwood, Brown, Byrne (Hartley, Broad)
MID: Dangerfield, Ablett, Priddis, Rockliff, Parker, Libba, Mills, Parish (Gore, Polkinghorne, Mathieson)
RUC: Goldy, Blicavs (Chol)
FWD: Martin, Barlow, Greene, Simpkin, Kerridge, Petracca (Grimley, Cox)

only 4k leftover.

I really want Shaw in DEF but I just feel if I have him in there it could throw out my balance a bit elsewhere and will hopefully be an upgrade option at some stage.

Thoughts?

RichardC89

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 4, 2015
I think ditching Lobbe is a good plan, I was never a fan and didn't have him in my side, but his NAB score has so far reflected that he's a bit of a spud... If your gut tells you to ditch Bartel then ditch Bartel, I'd move McDonald-Tipungwuti into the backline as forward rookies generally make more money. So you can get someone like McCarthy rather than someone like Sam Collins, next NAB will help with that obviously

Really solid side though, I really like the team you have

Thanks mate. Appreciate the advice.

For now, I've downgraded Bartel to Tommy Sheridan and upgraded Lobbe to Stef Martin. Kept Dahlhaus as I can't afford Lids anymore but I'm good with that... Probably wasn't ideal to have the most expensive player on every line anyway ;)

Reactions: cactus and M4TT B8S

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Good looking side. Only question is the midfield. Not convinced about Macaffer. And I just feel Libba at M6 is the way to go this year. Although I can see lot of people having him at M5.

This is my side at the moment.

DEF: Houli, Laird, Simpson, Harwood, Brown, Byrne (Hartley, Broad)
MID: Dangerfield, Ablett, Priddis, Rockliff, Parker, Libba, Mills, Parish (Gore, Polkinghorne, Mathieson)
RUC: Goldy, Blicavs (Chol)
FWD: Martin, Barlow, Greene, Simpkin, Kerridge, Petracca (Grimley, Cox)

only 4k leftover.

I really want Shaw in DEF but I just feel if I have him in there it could throw out my balance a bit elsewhere and will hopefully be an upgrade option at some stage.

Thoughts?
Thanks for the feedback :)

Mid rookies don't seem to be standing out as much as they have in previous years and there does seem to be decent value in premiums, but I still think there'll be enough rookies around to have Libba at M5, we'll see once NAB is done I guess

I wouldn't have Grimley and Cox on the forward bench, much rather McCarthy and Petracca or Phillips/Menadue

Simpkin has looked shocking so far, even if it was in two completely unrealistic games I wouldn't be willing to pay 220k for him anymore. Milera, B.Kennedy look alright replacements for him

Macaffer only didn't play because of a tight muscle in his leg (can't remember what muscle Nathan Buckley said, might've been calf)... I can't see him missing out on playing, he's in the leadership group and was very good in their intraclub playing mid/fwd. I don't see him as a tagger this year... He only played 47% of gametime in NAB 1 and score 53 from memory, I'll be very happy with the pick if he averages close to 70 which I think he can do when he's not tagging

McDonald-Tipungwuti is one to get at 102k def/fwd if you need another dirt cheap rookie option

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
This is where I'm at...

Only real downside I see with this team is Lobbe, Weitering, Mills & Parish would look odd in another team but you've got a really good spread of Premo's & though you're a mid short than most teams i've seen the JS on Mills and Parish goes a long way to make up for that.

Rookies wise, Mcdonald Tip to defence McCarthy in FWDS and Hartley for Collins, & keep a very close eye on your Mid rookies

Reactions: RichardC89

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Altered the premiums a bit to handle byes much better.

Gawn, Rampe and Dangerfield come in while Rich, Jacobs and Pendles go outScreenshot_3.png

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Libba at M6 is the way to go this year. Although I can see lot of people having him at M5.
one of the potential ways to put Libba at M6 is have Currie at R2, treating him like a 160k midfield rookie and starting with a pick like Bont/Parker/Shiel instead of Gawn. That could work this year as we'll have enough rookie rucks to choose from. Grimley at R3 and Currie R2 Goldy R1 doesn't seem insane to me especially if we're short on midfield rookies

Reactions: Danz and Tevez17

brenna

Aspiring Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Feb 26, 2016
Gawn, Rampe and Dangerfield come in while Rich, Jacobs and Pendles go outView attachment 234
Gawn could go 110+ this year if he plays all 22, could average more if he didn't give away 2 or more frees each game
Rampe seems like a risky pick, don't see him improving on last years scores

Hondo

Staff member
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 28, 2015

View attachment 233

How much cash left? I ask because I was wondering if Lids to Kennedy could allow Macaffer up to Danger.

Nice team overall it's just that I'd like to see Danger in there.

Hondo

Staff member
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 28, 2015
Tear this one to shreds please!

View attachment 235

What stands out to me from an otherwise solid set of names are Duncan and Smith. I look at it and think why not Duncan to say Mills (or even Crouch) and Smith up to Martin/Gawn etc

You might then say why is Crouch any better than Smith.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
What stands out to me from an otherwise solid set of names are Duncan and Smith. I look at it and think why not Duncan to say Mills (or even Crouch) and Smith up to Martin/Gawn etc

You might then say why is Crouch any better than Smith.

Duncan is my No1 breakout candidate, so personally wouldn't be dropping him but if Crouch in R1 Then Gray might come out Crouch in and Smith up to Martin/Gawn,

Actually maybe Lonergan for Gray and same deal with rucks and Weitering for Sheridan, with Lonergan hopefully doing enough to be a keeper when moved to defence.