Rate My Team

Ben Pascuzzi

Mar 1, 2016
Thoughts guys? Been playing around with a few combos......

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-03-01 at 9_Fotor_Fotor.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-01 at 9_Fotor_Fotor.png
    1,021.7 KB · Views: 20

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
How many keepers do you think you have?
12 hopefully, maybe more depending on how they go
Shaw, Birchall, McGovern
Pendles, Sidey, Rocky, Hunter, Parker
Goldy, Blicavs
Barlow, Greene

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Wow. That backline looks flimsy. You might only have one keeper. If Houli doesn't match last year you might have no real backline keepers there.
The rest of your structure looks similar to mine but it means you are pretty thin in the forward line as well. I guess what I'm saying is the team looks like it has a few too many mid pricers and not enough guaranteed keepers for me.

Ben Pascuzzi

Mar 1, 2016
Wow. That backline looks flimsy. You might only have one keeper. If Houli doesn't match last year you might have no real backline keepers there.
The rest of your structure looks similar to mine but it means you are pretty thin in the forward line as well. I guess what I'm saying is the team looks like it has a few too many mid pricers and not enough guaranteed keepers for me.
yeah I had a feeling someone was going to pick up on that. I'll change it up a bit...

Ben Pascuzzi

Mar 1, 2016
I've traded Hopper out for Parish and Gore for Cunningham of Carlton? Good or not? And also how's my forward and backline depth?

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Team 2 6 2 2.jpg

So following on from the structure thread, after really striping the FWDS and DEFS back to the premiums I am actually confident with this is what i came up with IMO it has 12 keepers (Duncan included) Confident to get 1 more out of Libba, Lonergan & Williams
& assuming they line up round 1 I think there's some real X Factor in Wells & Menzel (though if there was a change it would be these 2 out and a Merret type and rookie in), being honest my final team might not look like this structure wise might end up going the cookie cutter guns and rookies but I'd love some opinions on how crazy (stupid) you think this team is....

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
(Duncan included) Confident to get 1 more out of Libba, Lonergan & Williams
You're asking for 2 of two of these 4 to come off for you - a very optimistic view, imo.

X Factor in Wells & Menzel
X Factor is really hard to predict. Are you suggesting that these 2 additional gambles improves an already optimistic side?

Will you be happy with your 2016 result if it has 2 of these 6 being fabulous successes?

Risk v. reward! Good Luck!

Reactions: Tevez17

TomCat

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
@Tevez17 I've noticed that you have been set on Duncan for awhile now. What is it about him that has you convinced that this year will be his break out year and what score are you expecting from him? I don't think that he's a bad pick I'm more interested to hear your thoughts on him.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
You're asking for 2 of two of these 4 to come off for you - a very optimistic view, imo.

X Factor is really hard to predict. Are you suggesting that these 2 additional gambles improves an already optimistic side?

Will you be happy with your 2016 result if it has 2 of these 6 being fabulous successes?

Risk v. reward! Good Luck!

Depends on your definition of fabulous successes, with Wells and Menzel if they make me cash whilst putting out decent scores that's a success anything more is a bonus,
If 2 of the other 4 go on to be top 6 Defs or top 10 Mids then it would be a "fabulous success" in my eyes then it'll just be down to the guys I'm paying premiums prices for to do their jobs...

Reactions: Prospector

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
@Tevez17 I've noticed that you have been set on Duncan for awhile now. What is it about him that has you convinced that this year will be his break out year and what score are you expecting from him? I don't think that he's a bad pick I'm more interested to hear your thoughts on him.

I think he has a breakout-profile almost identical to Hannerbury in that he plays a role that no one else in the squad can, he's a gut running winger with close to the best foot skills in the comp & his inside game has gotten alot better over the last 24months, the thing I needed to see from him was the ability to go closer to 30 touches regularly & Geelong playing him in his right role, people might say I'm crazy for having this much faith after a 100ave break out year and 3.5 games last season but i just think he can go through the roof here and average 115+.

Reactions: Steve and TomCat

TomCat

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
I think he has a breakout-profile almost identical to Hannerbury in that he plays a role that no one else in the squad can, he's a gut running winger with close to the best foot skills in the comp & his inside game has gotten alot better over the last 24months, the thing I needed to see from him was the ability to go closer to 30 touches regularly & Geelong playing him in his right role, people might say I'm crazy for having this much faith after a 100ave break out year and 3.5 games last season but i just think he can go through the roof here and average 115+.

Well you know how to get a girl excited about the footy season.

I don't think you're crazy for having faith in him. I was tempted to pick him last year but luckily didn't in the end. As compensation I picked him for my draft team which obviously didn't work out for me. o_O

I won't be selecting him this year but I can honestly say it will make me happy if he ends up being an awesome pick for you.

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
I've traded Hopper out for Parish and Gore for Cunningham of Carlton? Good or not? And also how's my forward and backline depth?
Depth: you've got 3 guys you think will be keepers down back and 4 guys who you think will be keepers up forward so depth wise you're fine (whether you've picked the right keeper no one can tell you at the moment).
With regard to shuffling your rookies - don't sweat it - wait and see who is picked round one - of the rookies picked round one work our who scored best and had most TOG in NAB 2 and NAB 3 (ignore NAB 1). Put those players who scored best in NAB 1 and 2 in your side. Profit.

camloch

Super Coach
Apr 24, 2015
Obviously still a work in progress, gone cheaper in defence with 2 300K midpricers, locked and loaded mids, set and forget rucks, & a strong not but iffy forward line.

View attachment 219

I think you should choose one of williams and lonegan. Also one of wells, tippett and bird.
Actually, just get rid of tippett all together!
Get some more rookies in instead and get a forward premium in.
Thats my feedback for whats its worth.
Otherwise a good team

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
I think you should choose one of williams and lonegan. Also one of wells, tippett and bird.
Actually, just get rid of tippett all together!
Get some more rookies in instead and get a forward premium in.
Thats my feedback for whats its worth.
Otherwise a good team

Appreciate the feedback! Pretty set on my defence at least 2 premos and 2 midpricers I understand the concern though but I can't see much value back there,

If Tippet has a good (not even great) season then that puts him in the top forwards doesn't it the way rucks score?

Bird's not in anymore unless he shows me a fair bit, I don't see Wells as a Midpricer more an expensive rookie.

Cheers!

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
View attachment 229

So following on from the structure thread, after really striping the FWDS and DEFS back to the premiums I am actually confident with this is what i came up with IMO it has 12 keepers (Duncan included) Confident to get 1 more out of Libba, Lonergan & Williams
& assuming they line up round 1 I think there's some real X Factor in Wells & Menzel (though if there was a change it would be these 2 out and a Merret type and rookie in), being honest my final team might not look like this structure wise might end up going the cookie cutter guns and rookies but I'd love some opinions on how crazy (stupid) you think this team is....

A tweak i'm considering is Gold and Tippet for Martin and Gawn, the idea being that Tippett stays in the Rucks if he's going 110+ or moves to the FWDS if 100-110 (potentially Grimley F8) Gray for Fyfe leaving me 50K for a bit more flexibility with rookies, Pros Goldy, Cons going without one of the big 4 in mids.