Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Don't see the point in that at all.. Total lottery. Seems like that's about getting people into the system to pump up figures for advertising - being the top league after round one counts for what? (Other than winning the prize of course).

Exactly, and this is why I feel that we are being ripped off :mad:

Reactions: M4TT B8S and Tono

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Here's the first draft of the team, don't have McVeigh or Selwood for the moment, both had interrupted preseasons. I have an extra premium in the middles (Shiel) that I'll probably drop by the season start (To get more expensive rookies or an impressive midpricer forward or back, and maybe get Fyfe instead of Parker)
Screenshot_4.png

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
As someone who didn't have Shaw in my team last year I could pick him up this year. He's gonna cost a heap for a guy who ALMOST ALWAYS FAILS TO PLAY 20 GAMES PER SEASON (my motto last year fyi).

But the guy might have found his niche at GWS. And I coulda said something similar about Gray last season but he churned out another 100ppg. I will need to think on this choice harder over the PS to say lock or not, and also consider the scoring power of the other premos in the backs. 110ppg back there is valuable.
I was starting to wonder when Robbie would get a mention ...

Prospector

Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
As it is Shaw, McVeigh, Bartel and Smith is my set up, it's very hard to persuade me away from that set up... Potentially dropping Shaw to Rance if I decide Shaw is well overpriced or dropping Bartel to Yeo if Yeo kills the preseason, I'm also a big Yarran believer but won't start him with how many other strong options there are
Don't be suckered by the Yazz ... ask Bandito!

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Here's the first draft of the team, don't have McVeigh or Selwood for the moment, both had interrupted preseasons. I have an extra premium in the middles (Shiel) that I'll probably drop by the season start (To get more expensive rookies or an impressive midpricer forward or back, and maybe get Fyfe instead of Parker)
View attachment 186

With the 2 Rucks you have M4TT I don't see the need for Sinclair in the forward line, I see better value/sense putting Franklin there.
I like the Parker and Shiel selections, not sold on the Macaffer one though, Trengove is $20k cheaper and I see better score out of him IMO.
Coming along though, looks totally different from your first one posted.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
With the 2 Rucks you have M4TT I don't see the need for Sinclair in the forward line, I see better value/sense putting Franklin there.
I like the Parker and Shiel selections, not sold on the Macaffer one though, Trengove is $20k cheaper and I see better score out of him IMO.
I'm not sold on Macaffer either but is Trengove ever going to be a safe and reliable pick? Would love for him to get back to somewhere near full fitness and get a good run at it. He will definitely be in my drafts from time to time but never with any confidence.

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
I see Sinclair not as a ruc/fwd, but as a top 6 forward this year, I really think his number 1 ruck role will increase his scoring heaps

Macaffer in his interviews has been saying he probably won't be tagging or atleast not every week, Collingwood now have Levi Greenwood, so Macaffer said most likely he'll be playing a mid/fwd role, last time he did that he was averaging 82 supercoach (With scores of 150,98,150,111 in a row at one point)

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Got rid of Shiel for O'Meara and a bunch of more expensive cash cows for on field, like Wells, Trengove, Cockatoo, Cowan

I really don't trust O'Meara and Crouch, but oh well, here's a team with him in :\Screenshot_6.png

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
I'm not sold on Macaffer either but is Trengove ever going to be a safe and reliable pick? Would love for him to get back to somewhere near full fitness and get a good run at it. He will definitely be in my drafts from time to time but never with any confidence.

No Trengove definitely not safe, but looking at the mids this year there are so many that are coming back from injury he is one to watch early.

Prospector

Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
I see Sinclair not as a ruc/fwd, but as a top 6 forward this year, I really think his number 1 ruck role will increase his scoring heaps

Macaffer in his interviews has been saying he probably won't be tagging or atleast not every week, Collingwood now have Levi Greenwood, so Macaffer said most likely he'll be playing a mid/fwd role, last time he did that he was averaging 82 supercoach (With scores of 150,98,150,111 in a row at one point)
Any injury or problem with Greenwood will see Caff back in the old role - you want that risk?

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
I'm was thinking of putting O'meara in over Libba but due to him not looking like being fit for R1 it's a not an option. He could be a great trade in R7-8 if he comes back a few weeks later than expected and to see what form he's in.

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
I'm was thinking of putting O'meara in over Libba but due to him not looking like being fit for R1 it's a not an option. He could be a great trade in R7-8 if he comes back a few weeks later than expected and to see what form he's in.
From a mad doggies supporter I can't not take Libba :p

Reactions: Prospector