Trades & SC 2016

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Changed my team basically to have Kennedy over Parker or Shiel. I just feel a lot safer that way, with the midpricers this year I want to make sure my premiums have as little risk as possible because if the midpricers go wrong [Libba, Crouch, Bird and Sinclair at the moment] then I'll feel the pain especially if Parker or Shiel go wrong tooScreenshot_7.png

jazz

Triple Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Cairns, Queensland
Changed my team basically to have Kennedy over Parker or Shiel. I just feel a lot safer that way, with the midpricers this year I want to make sure my premiums have as little risk as possible because if the midpricers go wrong [Libba, Crouch, Bird and Sinclair at the moment] then I'll feel the pain especially if Parker or Shiel go wrong too

Bit of the old midprice madness here! They are risky but you'll get a good look at these guys in the PS so you'll keep/discard based on that I imagine. Team is looking good though.

- Yeo could be really good if he plays more midfield. I'm not sure how he fits in WCE structure but he gets thrown around a bit.
- BSmith is going to be popular. I am still up in the air about it. He probs gets tagged first now, and I'm still scarred from last season. There's value with him though.
- I like JPK. I haven't locked him but have him in my team. His durability and consistency is exceptional.
- Macaffer playing a tag role might not score well, I assume he has good JS??
- Trengove is someone to watch in the PS, I just hope his injuries are behind him the poor guy.
- I like Wingard. I expect him to hold ~95ppg. So he really isn't value, but an investment. He is quite durable.
- If Sinclair is the no.1 ruck I'll be looking at him too. I didn't realise he had dpp. Tippett did well last year when rucking and playing fwd, his run late in the year is something to keep in mind if Sinclair doesn't get the job.

Tono

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Sinclair is guaranteed to the first choice ruck imo as long as he stays fit. Sydney have a long history of giving players they've targeted every opportunity to shine.

From memory the early word was he didn't want to move? Something got him over the line - suspect getting no 1 ruck duties would have played a big part in it.

Thinking Maric when he moved to the Tigers... Grabbing a 4th fwd or 2nd ruck at $400k who could ave 100 appeals big time. Sydney also have a gun on-ball brigade that will be cracking in underneath him.

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Bit of the old midprice madness here! They are risky but you'll get a good look at these guys in the PS so you'll keep/discard based on that I imagine. Team is looking good though.

- Yeo could be really good if he plays more midfield. I'm not sure how he fits in WCE structure but he gets thrown around a bit.
- BSmith is going to be popular. I am still up in the air about it. He probs gets tagged first now, and I'm still scarred from last season. There's value with him though.
- I like JPK. I haven't locked him but have him in my team. His durability and consistency is exceptional.
- Macaffer playing a tag role might not score well, I assume he has good JS??
- Trengove is someone to watch in the PS, I just hope his injuries are behind him the poor guy.
- I like Wingard. I expect him to hold ~95ppg. So he really isn't value, but an investment. He is quite durable.
- If Sinclair is the no.1 ruck I'll be looking at him too. I didn't realise he had dpp. Tippett did well last year when rucking and playing fwd, his run late in the year is something to keep in mind if Sinclair doesn't get the job.

100% agree with all your points, Wingard's basically my safe option because if I take risky players like Bird, Crouch, Yeo like you pointed out, there's no way I can take a risk on Barlow or Bennell

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
I'd find it very hard to consider Harley after what he did to me last year.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Harley won me a couple of games last year but lost me a whole lot more. I can't go near him any more. Plus it goes against my personal #1 rule of SC:

FURL.

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
What are peoples thoughts on James Aish? I reckon hes is an absolute gun and could be a steal at 275k
agreed but don't think he's keeper worthy and Collingwood have first bye, I'm staying away, but can 100% understand the pick

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Aish wont be for everyone but he has potential, he will get TOG with the Pies, and he did average 70 in 2014. Depends on what you expect and how you use him.
Just very awkwardly priced if he fails you don't have to many options.

thewingman2

Jan 31, 2016
Yer i tend to avoid players around 300k if i can but think hes worth a risk.bennell up forward seem a lock to. New team is the only question. His talent is definitely there

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Yer i tend to avoid players around 300k if i can but think hes worth a risk.bennell up forward seem a lock to. New team is the only question. His talent is definitely there
Been having calf issues, training away from main group

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
killed a couple trades for me last year but I'll be having a good look at M Duncan in pre-season, can see him playing a Hannerbry like role with extra contested mids at Geelong this season, great efficiency, kick to hand ball ratio & loves a goal.

Reactions: Steve

smirski

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Jun 5, 2015
First team thoughts fellas?
Supercoach 1.png

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
First team thoughts fellas?
View attachment 189
Looking good but are you sure McDonald can back it up? Also McVeigh has had a bit of an interrupted preseason, was a lock for me before I heard that though+Not sure Montagna can repeat that effort again either, if you look at previous averages they're very up and down

I think Stevie J will play a lot of forward time, not sure he'll get much of the ball, think there's better options out there... but if you think he'll go well this year then I can't question that. He is a gun afterall and definitely won't get tagged

I don't trust Malceski, but he's popular so obviously I'm in the minority, I like the Cowan pick, I've got him too assuming he doesn't hit any more injuries he'll be an awesome cash cow

Reactions: smirski

smirski

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Jun 5, 2015
Looking good but are you sure McDonald can back it up? Also McVeigh has had a bit of an interrupted preseason, was a lock for me before I heard that though+Not sure Montagna can repeat that effort again either, if you look at previous averages they're very up and down

I think Stevie J will play a lot of forward time, not sure he'll get much of the ball, think there's better options out there... but if you think he'll go well this year then I can't question that. He is a gun afterall and definitely won't get tagged

I don't trust Malceski, but he's popular so obviously I'm in the minority, I like the Cowan pick, I've got him too assuming he doesn't hit any more injuries he'll be an awesome cash cow

Yea I do believe McDonald will back it up I feel the Dee's won't improve that much and the ball will still be down there a lot, but I mainly chose him because I didn't like anyone else, what's the go with no one having Boyd in there teams?

McVeigh if playing round 1 ill keep him.

Montagna when looking at previous averages he only really had one bad year and as a foward averages of 125, 114, 100, 99.2, 114.8, 89.4, 111 id take any of those except the 89.4 for the risk. On top of that he doesn't miss too many games generally.

Stevie J I agree with probally will change that along with Malceski

Anyone considered max gawn as a smokey ruck? Are a lot of people going to be taking crouch, Jaegar and libba round 1?

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Yea I do believe McDonald will back it up I feel the Dee's won't improve that much and the ball will still be down there a lot, but I mainly chose him because I didn't like anyone else, what's the go with no one having Boyd in there teams?

Boyd will get rested 3-4 times atleast, which means fielding 60-70 scores, which effectively brings down his points per game he supplies you

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Boyd will get rested 3-4 times atleast, which means fielding 60-70 scores, which effectively brings down his points per game he supplies you

Boyd maybe rested later, but I'm actually looking at using him as a stepping stone (yes you read that correctly) to get Shaw if he performs well around the byes. Boyd has such a creamy start to the year that he will/should score very well. It may sound crazy but if Boyd scores well it maybe the quick start that gets you off to a flyer, and the teams I've seen and the word around that he may well be a great POD.

Reactions: M4TT B8S

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Boyd maybe rested later, but I'm actually looking at using him as a stepping stone (yes you read that correctly) to get Shaw if he performs well around the byes. Boyd has such a creamy start to the year that he will/should score very well. It may sound crazy but if Boyd scores well it maybe the quick start that gets you off to a flyer, and the teams I've seen and the word around that he may well be a great POD.
POD FOR SURE... I actually kinda like that idea, but it is kinda planning to be trigger happy on the trades... is 40k worth a trade? I suppose not, but if Boyd actually goes over the value of Shaw, maybe make a little more if Shaw drops under Boyd's value

don't think I'll go with that idea, but, would be tempting... but, dogs have a bye before GWS... if they didn't, I think I'd be on that plan, don't think I'll go Boyd, but that's not a bad idea, definitely a bit of POD points for the start of the season