Trades & SC 2016

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
POD FOR SURE... I actually kinda like that idea, but it is kinda planning to be trigger happy on the trades

I didn't realise, I thought GWS were R13 shit there goes that idea. But hey could go to Rance or Houli instead. Ah it's only early, this is what to much thinking does to you sometimes.

Reactions: M4TT B8S

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Legitimate question...

Why is everyone going ape droppings for Yeo? He's been in nearly every side Ive seen so far but I dont get it. He had a few good weeks in a row last year but so did everyone. His "added midfield time" that everyone's spruiking will be taken by Redden. At his price, I couldnt justify picking him if he wasnt guaranteed to be a top 10 defender. And Im not convinced he will be.

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Legitimate question...

Why is everyone going ape droppings for Yeo? He's been in nearly every side Ive seen so far but I dont get it. He had a few good weeks in a row last year but so did everyone. His "added midfield time" that everyone's spruiking will be taken by Redden. At his price, I couldnt justify picking him if he wasnt guaranteed to be a top 10 defender. And Im not convinced he will be.
Nah I'm not convinced either. I have him, but just because my mate was trying to convince me he's a lock, and I don't have any other fantastic ideas yet... I'm happy to wait until after the NAB to change up that position

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
I think that WC experimented with him last year with some limited success, and I can see that continuing. As for top 10, it's early but he could go top 10.
He showed what he could do last year and I can see him doing the same early as for the remainder of the season who knows.
He was Ok just like a lot of players last year but his Yeo-Yeo scoring is the real issue one week he can score a huge 140+ then the next he gets a 40.
You really want players that can score at their average consistently.

Reactions: Steve and M4TT B8S

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
played around a little without Shaw, and without Wells, basically instead of Shaw, Wells and Crouch I can get Rance, Wines and Cockatoo [also swapped Macaffer down to Morabito, was an article saying he's doing really well on AFL site, probably won't gain or lose points there, Macaffer would be replaced on field by Polkinghorne or Cuningham]

Rance and Wines are keepers you'd hope. Where as Crouch probably wasn't... If Wells averages 80 and Cockatoo 70 that's 10ppg gone, if Shaw averages 107 and Rance 102 that's 5 ppg gone, Wines 110-115ppg and Crouch 105ppg that's 10-15 ppg gained

so loss of 5-10ppg on estimations, but saves a trade that I'd have to upgrade Crouch withScreenshot_5.png

Reactions: Dino

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Geez dont say that Doddy. He was the premo I was going for over Shaw.

heard on SEN yesterday that Luey's achilles had flared up again and they were having trouble getting on top of the problem. Buyer beware.

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Yeah I haven't had McVeigh in any of my sides since SC opened, started running much later than I'd expected,... And now it comes out that he might miss round 1 so I probably had the right idea there [for the moment anyway]

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
According to Jake Lever on a radio interview in Adelaide says Seedsman has mainly been training with the midfield group. Not sure how good he is as a mid, so I'm not rushing to get him, but your thoughts?

alrighty then

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Apr 30, 2015
According to Jake Lever on a radio interview in Adelaide says Seedsman has mainly been training with the midfield group. Not sure how good he is as a mid, so I'm not rushing to get him, but your thoughts?
Interesting as I was hoping his recruitment meant that Brodie Smith could become more of a midfielder this year. Will be interesting to see how they play it

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Interesting as I was hoping his recruitment meant that Brodie Smith could become more of a midfielder this year. Will be interesting to see how they play it
I was hoping the same :\ no reason why they both can't though, Laird was good last year and Jaensch coming back

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Macaffer in the leadership group, surely that means a solid spot in the side

jibba

Senior Coach
Veterans
May 8, 2015
Not sure any of the Crows backs will be good picks. They might take in turns of having good scores which would make it hard for any of them to reach a premium average!