Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
It's disappointing but really when you think about it, he would've been in a lot of teams to start with anyway. At least having guys like Fyfe and Selwood out means everyone has to look elsewhere for premium value and it mixes teams up a bit. I've got a feeling this year will be one of the least cookie cutter years ever.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
It's disappointing but really when you think about it, he would've been in a lot of teams to start with anyway. At least having guys like Fyfe and Selwood out means everyone has to look elsewhere for premium value and it mixes teams up a bit. I've got a feeling this year will be one of the least cookie cutter years ever.

For sure, it's going to be a good year i think.

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
I think if we've learnt anything it's not to take guys with pre-season injuries (add Beams to that list). I've gotta avoid bringing those types of guys back into my team thru the year too. Easier said than done of course!

Reactions: Prospector

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Abletts another that's been playing on my mind. 2 injuries last year a little older but so cheap.
It's going to be hard to play anyone in the midfield without an injury last year.
Looking at the top 20 midfielders to choose from and you can almost count the ones on one hand that aren't under some kind of cloud and returning from injury.
Anyway pre-season not far away we shall see how they're travelling soon.

jazz

Triple Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Cairns, Queensland
Selwood doubt is enough to take him out of my draft team for now, though the guy pulled off big numbers once of a limited PS. But yea can't see myself taking a gamble really particularly in midfield where the points are big.

I don't really know rookies now but I will likely go 5 premos... GAJ, Pendles, JPK, Priddis and Rockliff. Now Libba for now but he's someone I will track over the PS.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
I'm running a similar train of thought in the middle too,
currently have Pendles, Hanners, Priddis, Ward, Rocky with Libba at 6 he may turn into O'meara depending on pre season.
Although J-dog is also struggling with injury at that prices he's very tempting.

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
McVeigh only just started running again this week, worries me a little considering I've had him locked for a while

Tono

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Hmmm, have him locked - wait for PS I reckon. He's ultra fit, might not effect him like it would some. Not something you want to hear.

Just noticed in a HS article that major prize had been reduced to $20k this year.

Seems like a big drop... Maybe there's coin to be won re: leagues this season??? Wishful thinking...

Reactions: M4TT B8S

Tono

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Veterans
May 2, 2015
All good, they've updated article - reading $50k now. Would have got ugly if they tried to slide that through without announcing.

Reactions: M4TT B8S

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
All good, they've updated article - reading $50k now. Would have got ugly if they tried to slide that through without announcing.
ok good, I'm praying they add a $$$ reward for top league... Or free heraldsun+ subscriptions for the following year or something

Tono

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Yeah, but unfortunately it's for the winning league at the completion of round one. Not the highest ranking league at the end of the season.

Ripped off :(
Don't see the point in that at all.. Total lottery. Seems like that's about getting people into the system to pump up figures for advertising - being the top league after round one counts for what? (Other than winning the prize of course).