Round 5 Trades

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
I agree with tevez. If you held rocky better off keeping him imo. I traded him but had too as crouch also injured that week etc etc. Consider this - is rockys best form a top eight mid form. Yes for me so keep him save the trade. What about barlow out brown forward with mpp, dbj in def and then papley to hall? It opens up def/fwd mpp keeps rocky who is > barlow and brings in hall. Papley may struggle to b/e this week and if so another poor game may end his time in the seniors. Davis wont lose cash and had a low be for next match. He was also noted as rested not omitted like the other suns. My thoughts and advice but read the pds as your team and decision
If not enough cash grumpy then young bailey dale for the doggies kicked 7 a couple of weeks ago and in this week. Im watching him for my team. Might want to check your byes too mate with 5 def on a rnd 14 bye. The mpp of brown forward may help except dbj is a 14 also i think.

luke394

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Apr 28, 2015
Geelong, VIC
Here is a left field thought.
If I downgrade to DBJ then I can afford to upgrade to Sloan this week.
Sloan is underpriced this year because of injury (114 ave in 2014 v 104 ave in 2015 with 3 vests and injuries) and has lost another 32K over the first 4 weeks to 530k. He has just scored a 137 and has a BE of 87.

I don't quite trust his scoring (obviously), but I'd love to get him cheap.

Can an Adelaide watcher/supporter/officianardo :) let me know how they think he is going? I see in his heat maps they have been moving him around a bit (half back flank, half forward flank, midfield) which may continue, or maybe they were easing him into the season? I don't necessarily believe the 'Dangerfield gone' theory.

Any thoughts much appreciated.
I like Rory mate but I don't think he will be a top 8 mid come the end of the season, personally i would rather fork out the extra $$ and get a consistent gun like pridddis, hannebery etc.

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
I have Seedsman in DEF, Papley FWD , Hewett MID, Oliver MID, Hold, Trade 1 or 2?

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
I have Seedsman in DEF, Papley FWD , Hewett MID, Oliver MID, Hold, Trade 1 or 2?

I'd be inclined to hold. One trade max. Seedsman doesn't look like he's falling in price but may go up. Oliver is out so his price isn't changing. Unless you're 110% certain you need to grab one of those DEF bubble boys for the cash, I'd be holding. That being the case, Papley seems the one to cash out.

Reactions: M4TT B8S

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
They've been managing Oliver's gametime a fair bit so I wouldn't worry about him, he'll come back

Hewett's back in, keep him

Papley is going for me, 60+ breakeven, done his job of a quick 100k cash grab, not ideal to trade him out so early but I'm dropping him to Byrne-Jones via moving Adams forward

Seedsman won't lose any value so the only harm keeping him is the scores, if trading him means going down to below 26 trades left then I'd lean towards keeping him and hoping he has 1 good game and can ateast get you value before trading him out... Doesn't look good but I'd hold him unless you had plenty of trades and the money to go up to a Rance, Houli, Laird, Docherty?, McVeigh type premium who we know should be up there for the whole year

Reactions: captainchardonnay

Brky

Aspiring Coach
Jun 12, 2015
Need to vent on here. The SuperCoach app is an abomination. It - apart from sam gray - is the only thing keeping me from fully enjoying the game.
Agreed. The gold thing doesn't even show me BE. Just BE chance to make % and expected price change. Frustrating.

On more pressing matters though. I have JJ who is obviously out and paps with a BE of 62 needs to be moved on I think. Seen as that's 1 fwd and 1 back and I have dpp action anyways the result basically means playing Walla somewhere on my ground depending on who I pick.

My first thought is pick whoever will score most, so either a Laird or Zac merrett type. But everyone's got them. Should I close the negative POD with one of those? Or create a positive one of my own with a pick like Zorko for example?

The Kraken

Development Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 5, 2015
This is what my plan is too. I'm leaving priddis out of it for now after he missed last week. Id want to see a bit more continuous form from him before forking out 600k
Added to which, with a B/E of 147 (thanks to the 67 in his rolling average), you might be able to pounce on him for $575k next week

EDIT - scratch all that, was looking at my DT spreadsheet, Priddis will probably only drop to $590k - B/E of 163 with the 79 against the Hawks in his 3-game rolling average

Last edited:

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
anyone getting rid of davis ?

The Kraken

Development Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 5, 2015
Its not a wasted trade if it allows you to pick up a premium earlier than the mob. If you see the benefit trust your judgment. I bought in ward last week and had the big C on him but changed to goldy due to listening to outside influences. Not a great cost in pts but affirms my belief in trust your gut, especially if you've been around a while and follow not only SC pts etc but actually watch players, their influence on games and know their history. Anyway my 2 cents worth.
Agree 100%. We will have some falling premiums coming our way shortly - for those who didn't start with them: Pendles, Dusty, Wingard, Bont (if you rate him), Lewis (if you can put up with the frustration of owning him), Gunston, Heater, Stef.. Downgrading to a DBJ or similar this week (especially from an underperforming midpricer who is likely to score similarly to a rookie) in order to free up $$ for a sneaky early upgrade NEXT week sounds good to me..

k-red17

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Jun 21, 2015
anyone getting rid of davis ?

Yep hes gone for mine. But I've only used 2 trades thus far and I'm using another 2 this week to acquire
Danger and Two Dads.

Out JJ and Davis
In Danger and Two Dads

Reactions: Brad

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
Yep hes gone for mine. But I've only used 2 trades thus far and I'm using another 2 this week to acquire
Danger and Two Dads.

Out JJ and Davis
In Danger and Two Dads
yeh ive only used two trades aswell think about just using the one this week and thats just davis out and get two dads lol using dpp
am extremely frustrated that oliver is out tho means i have to use a rookie that i dont really want on field this week

Reactions: k-red17

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
They've been managing Oliver's gametime a fair bit so I wouldn't worry about him, he'll come back

Papley is going for me, 60+ breakeven, done his job of a quick 100k cash grab, not ideal to trade him out so early but I'm dropping him to Byrne-Jones via moving Adams forward

Seedsman won't lose any value so the only harm keeping him is the scores, if trading him means going down to below 26 trades left then I'd lean towards keeping him and hoping he has 1 good game and can ateast get you value before trading him out... Doesn't look good but I'd hold him unless you had plenty of trades and the money to go up to a Rance, Houli, Laird, Docherty?, McVeigh type premium who we know should be up there for the whole year

I had only traded in Pap 2 weeks ago and thinking of trading him out for more $. Or the other option is to not trade at all??

Reactions: M4TT B8S

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
I had only traded in Pap 2 weeks ago and thinking of trading him out for more $. Or the other option is to not trade at all??
Yeah I traded him in after 2 weeks too... I thought his scoring would be 40-50s and didn't think he'd stay in Sydney's team long because of McGlynn and McVeigh types were coming back in... Then he pulls out two 100s so I figured atleast if he scores what I expect then he'll make over 100k anyway, traded him in for Gresham when he got dropped

He's done his job for me, made 100k and I need Byrne-Jones because it's not often we get rookies scoring as well as Byrne-Jones has, so I need to get on him while we can in my opinion... I'd consider keeping Papley if I had someone else I could trade to DBJ but I don't

harry

May 11, 2015
What do I do with B crouch?
He is not playing this week. He might or might not play SANFL this sunday
I don't have enough cash to upgrade him to a premo, the only option is downgrade to Lyons
Should I hold or trade to lyons

thanks

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
Yeah I traded him in after 2 weeks too... I thought his scoring would be 40-50s and didn't think he'd stay in Sydney's team long because of McGlynn and McVeigh types were coming back in... Then he pulls out two 100s so I figured at least if he scores what I expect then he'll make over 100k anyway, traded him in for Gresham when he got dropped

He's done his job for me, made 100k and I need Byrne-Jones because it's not often we get rookies scoring as well as Byrne-Jones has, so I need to get on him while we can in my opinion... I'd consider keeping Papley if I had someone else I could trade to DBJ but I don't

I've really only got Seedsman or Papley as borderline BE options, I could upgrade seed but can't get one of the elite premium defenders just yet. Might only need to make 1 trade, what you think?

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
I've really only got Seedsman or Papley as borderline BE options, I could upgrade seed but can't get one of the elite premium defenders just yet. Might only need to make 1 trade, what you think?
yeah I think just do Paps to Byrne-Jones by moving an Adams or Tipungwuti... Never know, Seedsman could pump out a 110