May 13, 2015
thinking bye bye Papley will be just about everyones trades this week

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
is it worth a papley to menzel trade or just bank the cash and go to byrne-jones or ruggles using dpp

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Papley to a def rookie will be the most popular trade and probably makes the most sense. I'm loving all the mid/def flexibility so I'm going to be careful not to lose that with these rookies.

I'm hanging into the 1% chance that Archie Smith (my bench ruck from Brisbane) will come in for Stef and save me a trade. Highly unlikely but hopeful. Otherwise Stef to Maxy looks a no brainer. Papley to DBJ as well, will give me the cash to do a double upgrade next week on JJ and Menadue. I'll change my thinking 10 times before Thursday.

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
Plenty of Def Rookies on the bubble this week! Byrne-Jones,Byrne,Ruggles,Wagner. ATM I've gone Paps to DBJ but that could be subject to change. I actually don't mind the look of Byrne as well, I'm contemplating trading out Brown, I don't think he's going to be the cash cow we all hoped he'd be

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Papley to Byrne-Jones this week via Adams coming forward... Considered using the money on Barlow up to Merrett or Martin, but I think I'll just hold it, trading Barlow seems pointless now, only way is up, and if he doesn't go up then I'll just fix him later... I said at the start of the year my aim would be the cash league I'm in not overall rankings so I don't mind holding these sorts of guys longer

27 trades left after the Papley one, I've seen quite a lot of teams going down to 25ish this week and a couple even down to 23 which is just rediculous

Reactions: Brad

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Also thinking about the double downgrade with Hewett to Ruggles, would mean a lot of DPP moving and will hurt if Ruggles gets dropped or Hewett comes back sooner than I expect so I probably won't do it

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
Also thinking about the double downgrade with Hewett to Ruggles, would mean a lot of DPP moving and will hurt if Ruggles gets dropped or Hewett comes back sooner than I expect so I probably won't do it

Ruggles JS worries me. Some pretty handy back men waiting in the wings at the Cattery. Two dads looks to be a lot safer.

Reactions: M4TT B8S

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
Papley to a def rookie will be the most popular trade and probably makes the most sense. I'm loving all the mid/def flexibility so I'm going to be careful not to lose that with these rookies.

I'm hanging into the 1% chance that Archie Smith (my bench ruck from Brisbane) will come in for Stef and save me a trade. Highly unlikely but hopeful. Otherwise Stef to Maxy looks a no brainer. Papley to DBJ as well, will give me the cash to do a double upgrade next week on JJ and Menadue. I'll change my thinking 10 times before Thursday.

What about picking yourself up a Fwd/Ruck in the fwd line? Will give you cover all year and you can keep Stef.

Reactions: alman

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
What about picking yourself up a Fwd/Ruck in the fwd line? Will give you cover all year and you can keep Stef.
I don't have a ruck/fwd in my side atm so i would have to go for something like Grimley and Leuy in. A lot can happen between now and lockout so I'm nowhere near committing to anything yet.

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
I don't have a ruck/fwd in my side atm so i would have to go for something like Grimley and Leuy in. A lot can happen between now and lockout so I'm nowhere near committing to anything yet.

Ok. I thought Archie might have been ruck/fwd. my bad.

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
Byrne Jones in...... Papley out. Grab the cash and ride the cow.

I have the three def/fwd rookies so jiggle them about and we're away. No upgrades yet. But Tommy Sheridan.... You're f@cking dead to me.

TomCat

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
is it worth a papley to menzel trade or just bank the cash and go to byrne-jones or ruggles using dpp

Sounds pretty sideways......

I don't see this as a sideways trade. Considering Menzel's price if you were to bring him in it would be as a keeper while Papley is a cash cow.

Fwiw I need to bring in a back rookie this week and I will be going with Byrne-Jones - that's what I'm thinking now anyway. I like Ruggles but I don't have much confidence with his js.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015

You'd think if Papley is dropped then Hewitt would have to be in the frame to replace him.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Thinking about a double-down this week. DBJ for Papley via DPP. Byrne starting to look a better option than Ruggles (cash-wise), perhaps for Brown who's not going to make much more cash quickly. Or it might be time to pull the pin on Lonergan....

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
I don't see this as a sideways trade. Considering Menzel's price if you were to bring him in it would be as a keeper while Papley is a cash cow.

Fwiw I need to bring in a back rookie this week and I will be going with Byrne-Jones - that's what I'm thinking now anyway. I like Ruggles but I don't have much confidence with his js.

That's fine. But you're still looking to go small fwd to small fwd. expect scores of 108, 112, 48, 24.

TomCat

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
That's fine. But you're still looking to go small fwd to small fwd. expect scores of 108, 112, 48, 24.

Menzel isn't a small forward and I have never known him to score as low as 48 or 24. Last week was the worst game that I've seen him play and I think he scored around 66 so I really see no comparison between him and Papley.

Reactions: Dino

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
Menzel isn't a small forward and I have never known him to score as low as 48 or 24. Last week was the worst game that I've seen him play and I think he scored around 66 so I really see no comparison between him and Papley.
it is a risk vs reward trade but just something i was looking at

Reactions: TomCat

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Will be interesting to see which def rookies people bring in. Will coaches bring in 2 of them?

Was very keen on Ruggles until DBJ turned in some good performances.

Reactions: jibba

jibba

Senior Coach
Veterans
May 8, 2015

Yeah just bank the cash I think. Menzel definitely won't be a top 6-10 averaging keeper so no point wasting trades bringing him in and out. Holding Papley would still make you a similar amount of cash to whatever Menzel might make as Papley just needs another 100+ against weak opposition to boost his score.
I'm probably looking to move on Papley too but it's mainly because of the quality of the downgrade options down back ie: DBJ/Ruggles/Wagner/Bryne. I still think there is value in holding him as he could easily put out a 100+ score against the Lions/Dons coming up.

Reactions: Brad