Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Reports are Milera is out this week. Did you start with JJ or just bring him in?
I understand they said Milera will definitely miss this week. Quads are difficult to predict too so could be longer. Listed as TBC on the injury list which is not reassuring.

With that news, a BE of 61 and only 1 score above 40 from 4 games - he looks like a trade at his price unless you can carry him until beyond the byes. Tough run for the Crows too, so even if he only misses 1 week I wouldn't expect him to score anything decent until round 9/10/11 and it isn't until round 15 when the Crows draw opens up a bit.

lenny

Development Coach
Jun 21, 2015
Papley is out for me and I need to move on Brad Crouch. Brad cost me a H2H last week, which I lost by 27 points. So I think, while he should raise some cash when he returns, I can't hold him. I have $187K in the bank. Thinking:

Papley down to DBJ, which gives me just enough cash to upgrade Crouch to Callan Ward. Thoughts?
Crouch is a chance to play this weekend FYI

GeoffMack

Development Coach
May 8, 2015
My problem is Milera, although huge wraps and the kid will play... a BE of 61 means he ain't earning coin, and as such he will probably go in a package deal with JJ to get a bubble rookie (DBJ) and a premium in somewhere via dpp.

Yeah mate confirmed Milera out injured this week.

Bozman

Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Feb 7, 2016
Crouch is a chance to play this weekend FYI

Just heard that.

Really want Ward in my side, so I might keep the trades. Will have to have a good, long, hard think. And then probably will do the opposite.

Reactions: Prospector

Ben Pascuzzi

Mar 1, 2016
Went on a trip overseas so I couldn't change my supercoach side but have come back and I've averaged 1,933 which I'm relatively happy about. I've got $175,600 left in the bank and need to trade out Brad Crouch. I'm thinking of trading out De Goey with him or Barlow, if I do, which one of these should I trade out? And who should I bring in for them? Doesn't matter about position as I have DPP's to cover every position.

Fbdonkey

Legendary Coach
Staff member
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Victoria
Went on a trip overseas so I couldn't change my supercoach side but have come back and I've averaged 1,933 which I'm relatively happy about. I've got $175,600 left in the bank and need to trade out Brad Crouch. I'm thinking of trading out De Goey with him or Barlow, if I do, which one of these should I trade out? And who should I bring in for them? Doesn't matter about position as I have DPP's to cover every position.

I would be tempted to keep all 3 of Crouch, Degoey and Barlow. Crouch/Degoey to DBJ/Fyfe would be tempting tho.

luke394

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Apr 28, 2015
Geelong, VIC
I wanted to get people's thoughts on Jeremy McGovern. Started him this year as a bit of a POD down back he's averaging 70 odd and has dropped about 30k to just under 400k. He's frustrating the bloody hell out of me & I can't decide whether to burn him. will his scores lift?? he's not going horribly but he's just that awkward price and average now, he's not a premium but with everyone else burning trades on injuries like JJ and Bob do i just hold? was thinking maybe him down to DBJ and kennedy to hannebery via dpp swing this then means Tippa comes onto my field in the fwd line. Its brain numbing stuff haha. what are your thoughts?

Cheers guys

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
I wanted to get people's thoughts on Jeremy McGovern. Started him this year as a bit of a POD down back he's averaging 70 odd and has dropped about 30k to just under 400k. He's frustrating the bloody hell out of me & I can't decide whether to burn him. will his scores lift?? he's not going horribly but he's just that awkward price and average now, he's not a premium but with everyone else burning trades on injuries like JJ and Bob do i just hold? was thinking maybe him down to DBJ and kennedy to hannebery via dpp swing this then means Tippa comes onto my field in the fwd line. Its brain numbing stuff haha. what are your thoughts?

Cheers guys

I also started with him but he turned into Laird last week.
Couldn't justify keeping him he looks like he will just continue being that sub 80 average player.

As for your trade sounds ok. You could do worse than have Tippa on field, and Hanners seems to be playing a pretty descent brand of footy.

luke394

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Apr 28, 2015
Geelong, VIC
I also started with him but he turned into Laird last week.
Couldn't justify keeping him he looks like he will just continue being that sub 80 average player.

As for your trade sounds ok. You could do worse than have Tippa on field, and Hanners seems to be playing a pretty descent brand of footy.
Thanks Doddy!

Yeah i like your move last week to a proven gun like Laird, feel like i should have done the same. I like Hanners hell be a top 8 Mid for sure. do you think i would be better off structure wise getting a premium back? if i do get Hannebery then ill have 4 rooks on field down back but one less rook on field in mids

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
Thanks Doddy!

Yeah i like your move last week to a proven gun like Laird, feel like i should have done the same. I like Hanners hell be a top 8 Mid for sure. do you think i would be better off structure wise getting a premium back? if i do get Hannebery then ill have 4 rooks on field down back but one less rook on field in mids
Points are in the mids, Luke. Do the backs cheap and/or last!

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Thanks Doddy!

See above comment. :)

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
I agree the points are in the mids but 4 rooks on field down back is pretty thin structure wise don't you think?
The 4 best defensive rookies are averaging between 77 and 96. I think that's fine in defense this time of the year. If you compare them and the price / scoring average of the popular mid-price defenders, I think selecting a deep bunch of rookies in defense (saving $, getting as good as, if not better, scoring output) was the best strategy.

tommyk

Mar 17, 2016
Ive got plenty of cash to spend this week, going papley->Darcy-bryne then trading menadue out but not sure for who, either hannebery/ward/priddis, would love some thoughts on that

lenny

Development Coach
Jun 21, 2015
Ive got plenty of cash to spend this week, going papley->Darcy-bryne then trading menadue out but not sure for who, either hannebery/ward/priddis, would love some thoughts on that
I'd be happy with either of those in my side

TomCat

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
It's really tough to pick out of those three as all of them are likely to be in the top eight midfielders and all are playing for teams that are playing well. Maybe Priddis simply for the reason that he has already had time out injured so hopefully that is him done for the year injury wise. He is known for his durability.

But really out of those three you could base your selection on who you would get the most enjoyment barracking for.

lenny

Development Coach
Jun 21, 2015
It's really tough to pick out of those three as all of them are likely to be in the top eight midfielders and all are playing for teams that are playing well. Maybe Priddis simply for the reason that he has already had time out injured so hopefully that is him done for the year injury wise. He is known for his durability.

But really out of those three you could base your selection on who you would get the most enjoyment barracking for.
You could even look at their byes and pick the one that works best for you

Machineman

Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Mar 10, 2016
Here is a left field thought.
If I downgrade to DBJ then I can afford to upgrade to Sloan this week.
Sloan is underpriced this year because of injury (114 ave in 2014 v 104 ave in 2015 with 3 vests and injuries) and has lost another 32K over the first 4 weeks to 530k. He has just scored a 137 and has a BE of 87.

I don't quite trust his scoring (obviously), but I'd love to get him cheap.

Can an Adelaide watcher/supporter/officianardo :) let me know how they think he is going? I see in his heat maps they have been moving him around a bit (half back flank, half forward flank, midfield) which may continue, or maybe they were easing him into the season? I don't necessarily believe the 'Dangerfield gone' theory.

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
This is what my plan is too. I'm leaving priddis out of it for now after he missed last week. Id want to see a bit more continuous form from him before forking out 600k