Round 5 Trades

jibba

Senior Coach
Veterans
May 8, 2015
Will be interesting to see which def rookies people bring in. Will coaches bring in 2 of them?

Was very keen on Ruggles until DBJ turned in some good performances.
Looking at a double downgrade too!

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
Menzel isn't a small forward and I have never known him to score as low as 48 or 24. Last week was the worst game that I've seen him play and I think he scored around 66 so I really see no comparison between him and Papley.

Ok. Good luck b

TomCat

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
it is a risk vs reward trade but just something i was looking at

I think it's worth considering if you haven't got any other issues with your team. But tbh the fact that he kicked 5 behinds over the weekend has me concerned. One of the things that made Menz so terrific was that he never missed in front of goals. I'm hoping that he doesn't suffer the yips like Mooney did ..

Reactions: Steve and Brad

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
I think it's worth considering if you haven't got any other issues with your team. But tbh the fact that he kicked 5 behinds over the weekend has me concerned. One of the things that made Menz so terrific was that he never missed in front of goals. I'm hoping that he doesn't suffer the yips like Mooney did ..
he has the clokes

Reactions: captainchardonnay

Back2theFuture

Aspiring Coach
Apr 5, 2016
Ben McGlynn's inclusion last week has sealed the deal on Paps being on the way out. He showed a bit but like other Syd rookies last week, I feel hIs consistency across the 4 quarters was lacking which is common for rookie small forwards. It was a very physical game and It wouldn't surprise me if Mills may be rested this week after he was involved in some brutal tackles late in the last quarter. He looked off the boil early but he really stood up physically late when it counted and scored well as a result but he is 18 years old and would be very sore this week.

simon87

Aspiring Coach
Mar 12, 2016
Looking to upgrade Lonergan to a premium this week, thinking Gibson or Enright, already have Shaw, Laird and Houli. Is Gibson a safe bet?

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Looking to upgrade Lonergan to a premium this week, thinking Gibson or Enright, already have Shaw, Laird and Houli. Is Gibson a safe bet?
He did just miss last week with hamstring soreness, though I have a feeling he was conservatively rested as much as anything...

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
He did just miss last week with hamstring soreness, though I have a feeling he was conservatively rested as much as anything...
Plus his BE should be pretty high given his 190 is still in his cycle.

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
Ben McGlynn's inclusion last week has sealed the deal on Paps being on the way out. He showed a bit but like other Syd rookies last week, I feel hIs consistency across the 4 quarters was lacking which is common for rookie small forwards. It was a very physical game and It wouldn't surprise me if Mills may be rested this week after he was involved in some brutal tackles late in the last quarter. He looked off the boil early but he really stood up physically late when it counted and scored well as a result but he is 18 years old and would be very sore this week.

Everyone thinks Sydney doesn't play they're rookies. Incorrect. Ask Jake Lloyd. Paps will continue to get a run. Mills may get a rest but unlikely to be this week.

GeoffMack

Development Coach
May 8, 2015
Well R4 was just OK with a 1950. Took Milera over Menadue which sucked and swapped the C to Gawn last minute from Fyfe as I was convinced Jacobs was going shut him down so I lost 67 points.

Still have $380,200 in bank and 28 trades.

Martin is in doubt, Papley needs to go and there are 3 defence rookies on the bubble. What to do??

Martin has passed a concussion test BUT I would be amazed if he played. Do I trade him for Goldy and Pap for a def rookie move Tippa fwd for a Byrne-Jones.

OR Cop a donut with Stef Martin not playing and dump Papley and Milera, move Bennedy FWD and Tippa FWD then bring in Byrne-Jones and Lachie Hunter.

Martin concerns me, even if he misses this week will he be right going forward?? That was a massive hit and the Lions will be extra cautious with his recovery.

Bozman

Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Feb 7, 2016
Papley is out for me and I need to move on Brad Crouch. Brad cost me a H2H last week, which I lost by 27 points. So I think, while he should raise some cash when he returns, I can't hold him. I have $187K in the bank. Thinking:

Papley down to DBJ, which gives me just enough cash to upgrade Crouch to Callan Ward. Thoughts?

Team with these trades is:

DEF: Shaw, Houli, Laird, Weitering, Adams, Dea (Hartley, DBJ)
MID: Danger, Ablett, Hannebery, Ward, Hall, Libba, Kennedy, Mills (Oliver, Davis, Gresham)
RUCK: Goldy, Nic Nat (Loersch)
FWD: Martin, Franklin, Greene, Wells, Kerridge, Tippa (Menadue, Brown)

Reactions: mdola2

Mozzie_16

May 7, 2015
My problem is Milera, although huge wraps and the kid will play... a BE of 61 means he ain't earning coin, and as such he will probably go in a package deal with JJ to get a bubble rookie (DBJ) and a premium in somewhere via dpp.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
S.Gray & Barlow might both go this week, highly dependent on team sheets but i have a string suspicion that Barlow will be dropped this week and unless Gray is picked and named on the ball I think it's time to cut my loses (already 60K).

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
My problem is Milera, although huge wraps and the kid will play... a BE of 61 means he ain't earning coin, and as such he will probably go in a package deal with JJ to get a bubble rookie (DBJ) and a premium in somewhere via dpp.

It's a shame as the kid is a jet and 90-100 point score (ala McCarthy) seems not to far away

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Papley is out for me and I need to move on Brad Crouch. Brad cost me a H2H last week, which I lost by 27 points. So I think, while he should raise some cash when he returns, I can't hold him. I have $187K in the bank. Thinking:

Papley down to DBJ, which gives me just enough cash to upgrade Crouch to Callan Ward. Thoughts?

Team with these trades is:

DEF: Shaw, Houli, Laird, Weitering, Adams, Dea (Hartley, DBJ)
MID: Danger, Ablett, Hannebery, Ward, Hall, Libba, Kennedy, Mills (Oliver, Davis, Gresham)
RUCK: Goldy, Nic Nat (Loersch)
FWD: Martin, Franklin, Greene, Wells, Kerridge, Tippa (Menadue, Brown)
They soundlike pretty solid trades to me.

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Yep. A safe bet for a 90 average. A 90 average that is not a 90+ average.

What about Rance? I can't see a problem with Houli and Rance in the same side especially with the way the Tiges are playing at the moment.

Reactions: Prospector

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Reports are Milera is out this week. Did you start with JJ or just bring him in?