Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Need advice,

Trade Lonergan and bring Hall in via DPP (Tipungwuti), or hold?

Sitting on 27 trades
Hall is looking like a must have. Get him in now.

@GeoffMack sorry didn't see milera there... Yep, get rid of him before Papley but get paps to the bench.

Reactions: GeoffMack

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Just my opinion don't think either will be top 10 in their position so don't really see the point, Like Billings but if you have 30 touches @ 86%de 2 goal 5 tackle game in a winning side you've got to be knocking out more than 109.
Thanks. Decided to have 1 more look at both of them and do nothing this week. You might be right about Billings - maybe more an AF player. I do think Yeo could well be top 10 though if he can eliminate those 40 games, he looked really good last weekend and I was very impressed after being very lukewarm on him preseason.

Was considering moving Lonergan on but with Prestia out I've decided to hold and do nothing this week.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Thanks. Decided to have 1 more look at both of them and do nothing this week. You might be right about Billings - maybe more an AF player. I do think Yeo could well be top 10 though if he can eliminate those 40 games, he looked really good last weekend and I was very impressed after being very lukewarm on him preseason.

Was considering moving Lonergan on but with Prestia out I've decided to hold and do nothing this week.

Yeah similar thoughts on Lonners, would like to see Yeo do something away from home &also Priddis out definitely had an affect last week.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Agreed. Paps might be a slower burn than we had hoped but I think he can still get to 300k. One more 100 in those easier games through round 6-8 and he will jump up quickly.

I settled on Menadue and JJ for DBJ and Hanners. In a perfect world, 3 weeks from now Bennedy and Kerridge will become Petracca and another elite mid. Now I just have to hope Stef isn't a late out.

GeoffMack

Development Coach
May 8, 2015
Agreed. Paps might be a slower burn than we had hoped but I think he can still get to 300k. One more 100 in those easier games through round 6-8 and he will jump up quickly.

I settled on Menadue and JJ for DBJ and Hanners. In a perfect world, 3 weeks from now Bennedy and Kerridge will become Petracca and another elite mid. Now I just have to hope Stef isn't a late out.
Hey think positive!!!! I got Stef as well. Im banking on the Lions playing him, why would they name him???

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Hey think positive!!!! I got Stef as well. Im banking on the Lions playing him, why would they name him???
They wouldn't name him AND fly him down if he wasn't going to play. I haven't seen anything to say he didnt make the trip which is why I'm comfortable with the trade. I'm only expecting a 60 from him with reduced game time but it's better than a donut.

Reactions: Prospector

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Noticed last night and in the early rounds that hawthorn are putting a lot of working into the opposition attacking half backs so for Seedmans to get 90, Smith to 87 and Laird 79 was actually a fair effort from them, though piss off Laird only getting that 79 and Lyons getting 93.

Adelaide's scores have been extremely even so far this season.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Noticed last night and in the early rounds that hawthorn are putting a lot of working into the opposition attacking half backs so for Seedmans to get 90, Smith to 87 and Laird 79 was actually a fair effort from them, though piss off Laird only getting that 79 and Lyons getting 93.

I've watched a fair bit of Adelaide over the first few weeks. Smith seemed to be more on a wing last night and whether it was Hawks doing or not, Laird seemed to almost be playing full back on Puopolo or Rioli. Given that this would most likely be a lockdown or at least containing type role, I'm pretty happy with a 79 from him. I see that as his worst case score. If he bottoms out at 80s and still puts out 120s every few weeks then he will go close to averaging 100 and that's fine by me.

Definitely interesting to note the Hawks dragging rebounding half backs to the full back line and slowing them down though. Yeo, JJ and now the Crows group. Worth paying attention to going forward.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015

I don't mind because I have Laird and Lyons :D

Lyons final score was actually a little disappointing. He was on about 75 at 3QT and thought he might get a ton.

Reactions: jester5au

Hondo

Staff member
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 28, 2015
I've watched a fair bit of Adelaide over the first few weeks. Smith seemed to be more on a wing last night and whether it was Hawks doing or not, Laird seemed to almost be playing full back on Puopolo or Rioli. Given that this would most likely be a lockdown or at least containing type role, I'm pretty happy with a 79 from him. I see that as his worst case score. If he bottoms out at 80s and still puts out 120s every few weeks then he will go close to averaging 100 and that's fine by me.

Definitely interesting to note the Hawks dragging rebounding half backs to the full back line and slowing them down though. Yeo, JJ and now the Crows group. Worth paying attention to going forward.

Laird looked good mostly but pulled a few clangers.

Unforgiven

Patron '18
Patron '19
May 14, 2015
Hey Guys, same dilemma as a lot.... which one of Papley or Menadue for DBJ?

Scoring and Money making potential aside (I know they are important), who has the best Job security? because neither of those 2 things matter if you don't get a game.

Richmond got a few guys back in and Menadue held his spot, I feel I Papley has another quiet one and McGlynn plays solid that Papley could be on the outer.

Any insight in the JS or these 2 guys?

I'm leaning on wanting to keep Papley.

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Hey Guys, same dilemma as a lot.... which one of Papley or Menadue for DBJ?

Scoring and Money making potential aside (I know they are important), who has the best Job security? because neither of those 2 things matter if you don't get a game.

Richmond got a few guys back in and Menadue held his spot, I feel I Papley has another quiet one and McGlynn plays solid that Papley could be on the outer.

Any insight in the JS or these 2 guys?

I'm leaning on wanting to keep Papley.

You're thinking Menadue has less to offer than Papley? Menadue will have his 31 go out of the price cycle next week, if he posts a 65 this week then he'll go up to 222k (13k up isn't awesome I'll admit) but then his BE will go back down to 8 with the 31 going out of price cycle... Papley has another 2 weeks for his 24 to go out... Which means 2 weeks until he's making proper money again (an extra chance to get dropped)..... So by the numbers you should keep Menadue

Menadue also averaged 25 more than Paps in the NAB... (You could be right, I'm just justifying why I traded Papley to DBJ)

Rohan should be coming back soon off the longterm injury list, could it be Papley that goes out?.. Just listened to an interview on Triple M with Horse Longmire, they asked about Papley he said he'd be given every opportunity, didn't give us much... Sydney do have a pretty tall forwardline so there's definitely a spot for him to stay there

Reactions: Prospector

Unforgiven

Patron '18
Patron '19
May 14, 2015
You're thinking Menadue has less to offer than Papley? Menadue will have his 31 go out of the price cycle next week, if he posts a 65 this week then he'll go up to 222k (13k up isn't awesome I'll admit) but then his BE will go back down to 8 with the 31 going out of price cycle... Papley has another 2 weeks for his 24 to go out... Which means 2 weeks until he's making proper money again (an extra chance to get dropped)..... So by the numbers you should keep Menadue

Menadue also averaged 25 more than Paps in the NAB... (You could be right, I'm just justifying why I traded Papley to DBJ)

Rohan should be coming back soon off the longterm injury list, could it be Papley that goes out?.. Just listened to an interview on Triple M with Horse Longmire, they asked about Papley he said he'd be given every opportunity, didn't give us much... Sydney do have a pretty tall forwardline so there's definitely a spot for him to stay there

Thanks for you input made, voice of reason haha. I completely didn't consider the recency of Papley's low score and the impact on his scoring.

I ended up trading Papley, I like Menadue and think he has a lot more potential, round 1 I was at the game and he played well (against Carlton), but I think if Richmond turn it around Menadue will bump his scoring too.

Cheers

Reactions: M4TT B8S

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Thanks for you input made, voice of reason haha. I completely didn't consider the recency of Papley's low score and the impact on his scoring.

I ended up trading Papley, I like Menadue and think he has a lot more potential, round 1 I was at the game and he played well (against Carlton), but I think if Richmond turn it around Menadue will bump his scoring too.

Cheers
No worries... lets hope Papley doesn't kick 4 today (touch wood)

Reactions: the cranky one