Rd 10 trades

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
I'm wary of Williams. I'd be surprised if he stays in the team this week. He's done nothing wrong but if Boyd, Suckling and Adams all come back this week then it's hard to see him playing.

I'm in a similar situation with my defensive rookies but I think trying to upgrade the likes of Brown, DBJ, Tippa etc is looking better than downgrading them for cash. There's just doesn't seem to be any strong defensive rookie options. I'm wary of getting stuck with a bench of non-playing rooks later in the season.
The only reason I'm not upgrading is my backline is already shaw laird Boyd docherty rich tippa brown and dbj I need a downgrade or I'm already at full premo backs

tiltraise

Development Coach
Nov 13, 2015
I'm wary of Williams. I'd be surprised if he stays in the team this week. He's done nothing wrong but if Boyd, Suckling and Adams all come back this week then it's hard to see him playing

Bailey Williams is likely to retain his spot after impressing over the past two weeks and that key forward Tom Boyd is still a few weeks away with a lingering shoulder complaint.

Above from this article

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-05-24/four-key-dogs-could-be-back-for-magpies

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Sure. My team is called The Beardy Manbuns, ranked 9727th. If I bring in Priddis and Laird this week this will be the side:

Shaw, Laird, Bartel, Adams, Tippa, Bryne, Brown, Weitering
Danger, Pendlebury, Hannerbery, Parker, Robbie Gray, GAJ, Priddis, Libba, Hewitt, Smith, Davis
Goldy, NicNat, Grimley
Montagna, Dusty, Hall, Wells, Kerridge, BenKen, Cox, Petracca

27K in the bank. Midfield completed with Libba at M8. So going up and down 6 more times will cost me 12 more trades and add, hopefully, 3x more backline primos and 3x more forward line primos ... leaving Wells maybe at F7/M9? Then a mere 4 injury trades to get me through to the end of the year.

I don't think I've been overly wasteful with my trades. I had Fyfe. I had Barlow, Brad Crouch and Lonergan all of whom I pulled the pin on a fair while ago. Nothing else that could be considered a luxury trade. I held Robbie Gray.
Cheers for that, just wanted to compare with my team.

My team needs 7/8 upgrades (depending upon Barlow) and i have 20 trades before any trades this week. $420k in the bank (i know i have to spend it)
H. Shaw, K. Simpson, J. McGovern, D. Rich, M. Dea, A. McDonald-Tipungwuti, M. Adams, D. Byrne-Jones
P. Dangerfield, G. Ablett, T. Rockliff, T. Liberatore, L. Hunter, J. Lloyd, C. Oliver, B. Keays, C. Menadue, J. Smith, D. MacPherson
T. Goldstein, N. Naitanui, S. Grimley
L. Montagna, L. Franklin, A. Hall, S. Kerridge, D. Wells, M. Barlow, B. Kennedy, C. Petracca

Current byes are 20-16-20 playing

Reactions: cactus

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Perfect world I'd like Pendles and Hanners to fill my last 2 midfield spots but might be a while before either has a price drop should I take advantage of Priddis &/or Gray? & look to the other two if I get a LTI or a luxury trade for Mitchell, Libba or Duncan later in the season or should I just hide my time, keep the mid spots free for them?

Reactions: Dino and cactus

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Perfect world I'd like Pendles and Hanners to fill my last 2 midfield spots but might be a while before either has a price drop should I take advantage of Priddis &/or Gray? & look to the other two if I get a LTI or a luxury trade for Mitchell, Libba or Duncan later in the season or should I just hide my time, keep the mid spots free for them?
It is a bit hard for me to comment as I do already have Pendles and Hanners - but I think in your situation I'd be taking advantage of the price drops of Gray and Priddis to complete the midfield - keeping spots free for particular players seems like a risk. In your situation I think I'd at least be grabbing Gray (who I also have and paid 600K+ for).

Reactions: Prospector

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Cheers for that, just wanted to compare with my team.

My team needs 7/8 upgrades (depending upon Barlow) and i have 20 trades before any trades this week. $420k in the bank (i know i have to spend it)
H. Shaw, K. Simpson, J. McGovern, D. Rich, M. Dea, A. McDonald-Tipungwuti, M. Adams, D. Byrne-Jones
P. Dangerfield, G. Ablett, T. Rockliff, T. Liberatore, L. Hunter, J. Lloyd, C. Oliver, B. Keays, C. Menadue, J. Smith, D. MacPherson
T. Goldstein, N. Naitanui, S. Grimley
L. Montagna, L. Franklin, A. Hall, S. Kerridge, D. Wells, M. Barlow, B. Kennedy, C. Petracca

Current byes are 20-16-20 playing
I've had 500-600K burning a hole in my pocket for the last three weeks - I just haven't been able to get it onto the field with all the solid downgrade options that have been popping up - hense the double upgrade this week.

Reactions: tabs

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
Any help guys side sits like this i want to get Williams for brown or DBJ
but im not sure if i should up down or double down get Priddis or Hopper

Shaw, Laird, Boyd, Rich, Docherty, Tippa, Brown, DBJ
Dangerfield, Ablett, Parker, Liberatore, Hannebury, Pendlebury, Hewett, Oliver, Gresham, Smith, MacPherson
Goldstein, Naitanui, Grimley
Martin, Zorko, Hall, Kerridge, Wells, Menadue, Kennedy, Petracca

20 trades left only 54k in bank
byes 18 - 17 - 24

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
Whats the latest on DBJ's ankle?? I'm considering hanging onto him as a D7/8 for the stretch, Port have a relatively Cruisey run home with the only tough games remaining being Hawks @AO, Giants @AO and Swans @SCG (SC finals wk1). He's a proven scorer with scores of 97,100 and 103 and Hinkley likes the way he goes about it so if he's healthy I'd rate his JS fairly high. Seems like pretty handy bench coverage to me. There is also the fact there is very little in the way of DEF rookies on the horizon apart from B.Williams who has very questionable JS..... Thoughts??

Reactions: tiltraise

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
Whats the latest on DBJ's ankle?? I'm considering hanging onto him as a D7/8 for the stretch, Port have a relatively Cruisey run home with the only tough games remaining being Hawks @AO, Giants @AO and Swans @SCG (SC finals wk1). He's a proven scorer with scores of 97,100 and 103 and Hinkley likes the way he goes about it so if he's healthy I'd rate his JS fairly high. Seems like pretty handy bench coverage to me. There is also the fact there is very little in the way of DEF rookies on the horizon apart from B.Williams who has very questionable JS..... Thoughts??
still says tbc on afl website

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
It is a bit hard for me to comment as I do already have Pendles and Hanners - but I think in your situation I'd be taking advantage of the price drops of Gray and Priddis to complete the midfield - keeping spots free for particular players seems like a risk. In your situation I think I'd at least be grabbing Gray (who I also have and paid 600K+ for).

I think it's probably the smarter option to grab at least one of Priddis or Gray, issue that's just dawned on me now though is that none of my Mid Rooks are ready to be upgraded, Hewett's not going to make that much more but 20-40k might make a difference in the end,

Back2theFuture

Aspiring Coach
Apr 5, 2016

Check out West Coast's draw, I would say that Priddis will be looking pretty good in the run home to Sept

Reactions: Haychh

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Have pretty much talked myself in to a double downgrade this week going DBJ to Williams (who will get a game this weekend) and Menadue to Hopper. This gives me a bye layout of 21-16-21

Next week will be Oliver and MacPherson to Beast mode and Gray depending on Macpherson's knee. Otherwise Oliver and Kennedy to Beast mode/Gray and Martin
I think it's probably the smarter option to grab at least one of Priddis or Gray, issue that's just dawned on me now though is that none of my Mid Rooks are ready to be upgraded, Hewett's not going to make that much more but 20-40k might make a difference in the end,
BE of 135 so will be grabbing Gray next week

Reactions: cactus

Jonesy25

Jul 14, 2015
Hi guys,

I have 19 trades and 150k in the bank.

Shaw, Kolo, Bartel, Tippa, brown, DBJ, brand, tucker
Danger, Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Parker, Selwood, GAJ, Libba, kerridge, Davis, menadue, smith
Goldy, NicNat, Grimley
Zorko, Dusty, Hall, Greene, Zerrett Wells, Petracca

Pretty happy with my mids and Fwds, but clearly my backs need some work
Was thinking of going:

DBJ to William's
Brown to Docherty

This will leave me with enough cash to hopefully go Kerridge to Gray the week after.

My question Is whether docherty worth the cash? Or should I go for a cheaper option like laird (if back) or rance?

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Hi guys,

I have 19 trades and 150k in the bank.

Danger, Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Parker, Selwood, GAJ, Libba, kerridge, Davis, menadue, smith
Goldy, NicNat, Grimley
Zorko, Dusty, Hall, Greene, Zerrett Wells, Petracca

Pretty happy with my mids and Fwds, but clearly my backs need some work
Was thinking of going:

DBJ to William's
Brown to Docherty

This will leave me with enough cash to hopefully go Kerridge to Gray the week after.

My question Is whether docherty worth the cash? Or should I go for a cheaper option like laird (if back) or rance?
You are missing a fwd

Jonesy25

Jul 14, 2015
You are missing a fwd
Ahh that I' am. Hewett in the middle Menadue in the fwd line.
Hi guys,

sorry revised team:

Danger, Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Parker, Selwood, GAJ, Libba, kerridge, Davis, Hewett , smith
Goldy, NicNat, Grimley
Zorko, Dusty, Hall, Greene, Zerrett Wells, Petracca, menadue

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Issue that's just dawned on me now though is that none of my Mid Rooks are ready to be upgraded, Hewett's not going to make that much more but 20-40k might make a difference in the end,
This is the same for me. Luckily I've got the cash to go McPherson up to Priddis. Hewitt is earmarked to downgrade to Mathieson next week ... don't forget about Mathieson ...

Gawn Armi Witts

Aspiring Coach
Apr 18, 2016
Might upgrade one of the def rookies to Lids in forward line and get Adams or Brown back in defence. Is it worth holding those two?