Rd 10 trades

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
I've got sixteen left. Maybe you haven't gone hard enough? o_O
Actually ... that is 16 when I've done my double upgrade this week. :rolleyes:
So ... I conclude from this that if you have 18 trades left before you trade this week you've probably been doing it about right. :cool:
Says the man who ran out of trades with about 5 weeks to go last year. :oops:

Reactions: Prospector

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Actually ... that is 16 when I've done my double upgrade this week. :rolleyes:
So ... I conclude from this that if you have 18 trades left before you trade this week you've probably been doing it about right. :cool:
Says the man who ran out of trades with about 5 weeks to go last year. :oops:
Can i ask with 16 trades lest, how many prems do you require to complete your team?

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Can i ask with 16 trades lest, how many prems do you require to complete your team?
Sure. My team is called The Beardy Manbuns, ranked 9727th. If I bring in Priddis and Laird this week this will be the side:

Shaw, Laird, Bartel, Adams, Tippa, Bryne, Brown, Weitering
Danger, Pendlebury, Hannerbery, Parker, Robbie Gray, GAJ, Priddis, Libba, Hewitt, Smith, Davis
Goldy, NicNat, Grimley
Montagna, Dusty, Hall, Wells, Kerridge, BenKen, Cox, Petracca

27K in the bank. Midfield completed with Libba at M8. So going up and down 6 more times will cost me 12 more trades and add, hopefully, 3x more backline primos and 3x more forward line primos ... leaving Wells maybe at F7/M9? Then a mere 4 injury trades to get me through to the end of the year.

I don't think I've been overly wasteful with my trades. I had Fyfe. I had Barlow, Brad Crouch and Lonergan all of whom I pulled the pin on a fair while ago. Nothing else that could be considered a luxury trade. I held Robbie Gray.

Reactions: tabs

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
I've been rather conservative with my trading. I am focused on my cash league and have held Gray, Laird, Barlow and Wells. Fyfe, Rocky and Crouch were my only forced trades. I have 20 trades left before trading this week. I still have 6 spots to upgrade before having a fully upgraded team and that's not counting possible upgrades of Stef Martin and Barlow.

Trying to have good cover and DPP links can be complex. I have no idea yet how I can accomplish it. If I can have 4 trades and at least 1 decent rookie on my def, mid and fwd lines come finals time, I will be happy.

@cactus Thats a decent side. You should be able to have a successful 2nd half of the season.

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
Maybe wait to see if he's named? If he is it would be hard to get rid of him as his avg is pretty good! I would stick tight on 18 unless you had someone like Mitch Brown who has maxed out and needs to be moved on, or if Barlow doesn't get named you would strongly consider trading him

If Barlow doesn't get named this week it's got to be a trade. I've held until now but that will be it for me.

Reactions: Tevez17

bat

Development Coach
Feb 11, 2016
Hoping Barlow, Wells, Hall, Gaz, Adams, Pridda all play. Expecting 2 to not.

Another week I start by bringing in Sidebum but reverse it by Friday:

Brown-> Hopper
Daniel -> Sidebum

moosey

6-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 24, 2015
I agree, but if he is named it's a tough decision!

Agree that this is thew week -> If Barlow is not getting a game with Mundy out and having 43 possessions in the WAFL he has to go and Toss L is tanking.

Reactions: alman

simon87

Aspiring Coach
Mar 12, 2016
Need advice re trades,

Not sure who I should be getting rid of first other than M.Brown. Byrne-Jones, B. Crouch, Menadue, Gresham?

Current team is
DEF: Shaw, Laird, Docherty, Rich, Adams, Tippungwuti, Byrne-Jones, Hartley
MID: Dangerfield, Hannebery Pendlebury, Ablett, R.Gray, Liberatore, B.Crouch, B. Kennedy, J.Smith, Keays, Gresham
RUCK: Goldstein, Natanaui, Goetz
FWD: Martin, Barlow, Hall, Wells, Kerridge, Petraca, Menadue, M. Brown

Sitting on 20 trades so need to start making a move. Only 14k in bank

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
Anyone know anything about the Kangas Brad Mckenzie, 241k forward on the bubble this week. Scored 94 and 88 last 2 weeks. 22 year old who has Played 25 games apparently, I've never heard of him.

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Anyone know anything about the Kangas Brad Mckenzie, 241k forward on the bubble this week. Scored 94 and 88 last 2 weeks. 22 year old who has Played 25 games apparently, I've never heard of him.
Im surprised he hasn't had more games. Always seems to be on the fringe. Uses the ball really well. He is likely to play the next 2 games and then find himself n the 2's again. Wells, Wood, Wright due back and Anderson 1-2 away according to the AFL injury list. If there is a spot available, he will be fighting Dumont, Ray and Mullet for it.

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
cant decide if i should double down
brown or dbj to Williams
Need advice re trades,

Not sure who I should be getting rid of first other than M.Brown. Byrne-Jones, B. Crouch, Menadue, Gresham?

Current team is
MID: Dangerfield, Hannebery Pendlebury, Ablett, R.Gray, Liberatore, B.Crouch, B. Kennedy, J.Smith, Keays, Gresham

i have similar people i need to move on i dont think gresham or menadue are must get out as there not really moving up or down in price
brown i will me moving on this week and dbj next week only because dbj is injured so i wont lose any money on him this week
and i dont have crouch but from what everyone is saying id say hes a lost cause and move him on as well
all depends on wat lines you are looking to upgrade this week i guess
with only 14k in the bank a double down would be good
brown to Williams
crouch to hopper ?

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Im surprised he hasn't had more games. Always seems to be on the fringe. Uses the ball really well. He is likely to play the next 2 games and then find himself n the 2's again. Wells, Wood, Wright due back and Anderson 1-2 away according to the AFL injury list. If there is a spot available, he will be fighting Dumont, Ray and Mullet for it.

I think there's room for 2 of Mullet, Wright and MaKenzie, he's a former R1 pick so wonder if they are just putting him in the shop window at the moment.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
My trades hinge on Barlow's selection or non-selection, feel like he's more likely to be back than not, if he is thinking of maybe just making a down grade or Brown or DBJ, if Barlow is out Deledio looks a good replacement.

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Need advice re trades,

Current team is

I'd go Bryne-Jones down to Williams and then Brad Crouch up to a midfield primo. Like you I've already got R.Gray so I'm looking at Priddis.

Benj

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 5, 2016
London
cant decide if i should double down
brown or dbj to Williams

i have similar people i need to move on i dont think gresham or menadue are must get out as there not really moving up or down in price
brown i will me moving on this week and dbj next week only because dbj is injured so i wont lose any money on him this week
and i dont have crouch but from what everyone is saying id say hes a lost cause and move him on as well
all depends on wat lines you are looking to upgrade this week i guess
with only 14k in the bank a double down would be good
brown to Williams
crouch to hopper ?

I'm wary of Williams. I'd be surprised if he stays in the team this week. He's done nothing wrong but if Boyd, Suckling and Adams all come back this week then it's hard to see him playing.

I'm in a similar situation with my defensive rookies but I think trying to upgrade the likes of Brown, DBJ, Tippa etc is looking better than downgrading them for cash. There's just doesn't seem to be any strong defensive rookie options. I'm wary of getting stuck with a bench of non-playing rooks later in the season.