Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Might upgrade one of the def rookies to Lids in forward line and get Adams or Brown back in defence. Is it worth holding those two?
Do you have any other issues to deal with? I think there is a case for holding them but that suits my team. If you still have decent DEF cover, you could possibly offload 1 of them.

qarocks

Development Coach
Feb 5, 2016
I've gone BCrouch > Hopper and Kerridge to Pendles.
I think Hopper can hit 375/400k, and the 100k from Crouch got me Pendles, so I am happy with that.
Looking at Mathison the week after, and then Collins the week after that. I will just try and bring in the right Top 6 player that suits the bye rounds best until I can upgrade more.

PiesJosh

Mar 27, 2016
355k in the bank. Only have 16 trades due to poor planning early on.
Brown to J Kennedy (WCE) is happening.
DBJ to either Ward or Hopper via Rich?

I have enough cash to bring in Ward, but Hopper looks really good and could earn 200k+. Third bye week, could be perfectly timed to upgrade. Problem is the lack of trades. Do I just get Ward and save one future upgrade?

Shaw, Docherty, Tipungwuti, Hartley, Byrne-Jones, Wagner, Houli, Brand
Dangerfield, Pendlebury, Parker, Ablett, Viney, Barlow, Young, Rich*, Smith, Crouch, Dunkley
Naitanui, Gawn, Grimley
Martin, Zorko, Wells, Kerridge, B Kennedy, Petracca, Brown, Hardwick
Unsure of byes.

kinggo

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Apr 27, 2015

I have enough cash to bring in Ward, but Hopper looks really good and could earn 200k+. Third bye week, could be perfectly timed to upgrade. Problem is the lack of trades. Do I just get Ward and save one future upgrade?

Dangerfield, Pendlebury, Parker, Ablett, Viney, Barlow, Young, Rich*, Smith, Crouch, Dunkley
Naitanui, Gawn, Grimley
Unsure of byes.
2 things...Why is JJK happening and why is Houli still hanging around?
Houli into another defence premo then DBJ to Priddis/Ward.
You'll most likely take a $ hit this week by holding Brown but if he does OK his 29 then rolls out next week and he will continue to make a little more $$.

16 trades left is scary with 7 premos still to get and 1 injury needing to be dealt with.

PiesJosh

Mar 27, 2016

Naitanui, Gawn, Grimley
Unsure of byes.

Nevermind. To get Ward, it has to be Houli out.

If DBJ is out this week then that's probably the play.

PiesJosh

Mar 27, 2016
2 things...Why is JJK happening and why is Houli still hanging around?
Houli into another defence premo then DBJ to Priddis/Ward.
You'll most likely take a $ hit this week by holding Brown but if he does OK his 29 then rolls out next week and he will continue to make a little more $$.

16 trades left is scary with 7 premos still to get and 1 injury needing to be dealt with.

Kennedy premo and I'm tipping will go off this week.

Agree Houli needs dealing with, but had other moves to make previously.

GeoffMack

Development Coach
May 8, 2015
Guys im stuck: Need advice.
Traded Papley to Crocker last week to get 22 on field, 20 left.
Cash: $180,300
Ranked 8th in my cash league, banter league and my SCC #5 league. Unhappy!!

Injury Concerns in bold, and of course Barlow who knows.

DEF: Heater, Simmo, Rance, Laird, Gibbo, Adams, (DBJ, Weiters)
MID: Pendles, Danger, Ward, Parker, Gaz, Barlow, Libba, Smith, (Hewett, Davis, Dunkley)
RUCK: Gawn, Martin, (Wyatt)
FWD: Dusty, Wells, Kerridge, Kennedy, Brown, Petracca (Hall, Crocker)

Missed a massive trick last week in holding Stef over trading to Goldy, and am still crying!!!!

The way I see it is I need some fwd upgrades, do I strike this week or get Goldy NOW and Smith to Hopper, bank cash and Hopper bye round is great.

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Guys im stuck: Need advice.
Traded Papley to Crocker last week to get 22 on field, 20 left.
Cash: $180,300
Ranked 8th in my cash league, banter league and my SCC #5 league. Unhappy!!

Injury Concerns in bold, and of course Barlow who knows.

DEF: Heater, Simmo, Rance, Laird, Gibbo, Adams, (DBJ, Weiters)
MID: Pendles, Danger, Ward, Parker, Gaz, Barlow, Libba, Smith, (Hewett, Davis, Dunkley)
RUCK: Gawn, Martin, (Wyatt)
FWD: Dusty, Wells, Kerridge, Kennedy, Brown, Petracca (Hall, Crocker)

Missed a massive trick last week in holding Stef over trading to Goldy, and am still crying!!!!

The way I see it is I need some fwd upgrades, do I strike this week or get Goldy NOW and Smith to Hopper, bank cash and Hopper bye round is great.
Smith. The guy who is priced at 255K with a BE of 3? Don't trade him.

It is not a great feeling sitting at 8th and feeling like you have to make every post a winner but don't get sucked in to too many quick fixes ... you've just got to try to make the right calls for your team each week and trust that serves you well over the length of the season.

Normally it is a "no" to sideways trades at this point in the season but I agree with what FBDonkey said on the podcast this week. I think now is a pretty good time to break that rule and get Goldy in for Stef. If you're really set in doing two moves this week DBJ down to Williams puts cash in your bank.

I don't think there are any must make moves in price in the forward line. Lids won't go up much in price this week. Dahlhaus has a high break even. Most of the rookies except maybe Brown should hit their break evens. Anyway, I'd be looking to add to your midfield depth not the forward line if possible.

Brown or Kennedy to Mathieson (Barlow moving back forward) and Hewitt up to Robbie Gray next week.

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Mitch Brown to Hopper via Barlow moving forward I guess you could do if you have your heart set on Hopper.

GeoffMack

Development Coach
May 8, 2015
Mitch Brown to Hopper via Barlow moving forward I guess you could do if you have your heart set on Hopper.
Heart isnt set on Hopper. Advantage I can see is R15 bye, and Cash generation could be awesome in 5-6 rounds. On the flip side its yet another rookie im bringing in the mids and really dont want to.

k-red17

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Jun 21, 2015
Hey guys, wondering whether to upgrade Oliver in my Mids to Robbie Gray means I need to move DBJ on for either Williams or Collins (Either Doggies or Freo guys playing his first game this weekend). Just not sold on any of their job securities. Which means I'm leaning on starting Hartely as D6 this weekend in the hope DBJ doesn't play so I don't lose cash.

Then I can downgrade Kennedy to Hopper and then Oliver to Robbie Gray. Thoughts?

Ranking: 249
Trades Left: 19
Coin: 73.7k

Bolded are my guys I'm looking to move:

DEF: Heater, Boyd, Rance, Rich, Laird, DBJ, (Hartley, Brand)
MID: Danger, Hannebery, Pendles, Ward, Gazza, Libba, Hall, Smith (Hewett, Oliver, Keays)
RUCK: Goldstein, Gawn, (Loersch)
FWD: Dusty, Montagna, Franklin, Kerridge, Kennedy, Petracca (Brown, Papsmear)

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
is everyone thinking that Libba is a keeper? Seriously doubting it.
Time to be bold? Libba to hopper. Bennedy to Neale/Pendles.

Reactions: smirski

ThanksForComing

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 19, 2016
Okay, I'm looking at downgrading to a rookie. I'd like to hear your opinion on the following two:
Williams (WB) vs Oscar McDonald (Mel)

Williams looks good except for job security.

McDonald doesn't seem to have as big a ceiling, but definitely has better job security I think. He was named round 1, got injured; then as soon as he recovered he was straight back into side.

What do you think?