Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Hopefully we can get some relief this week and get some premiums back. Gaz, Hall, Laird, Adams will be welcome inclusions hopefully. Laird might be another week away though and Brad Scott said they would be cautious with Wells so I doubt we will see him this week.

Many rookies performed admirably on the weekend and thus lowering their BE and providing a few more weeks of money making. Unfortunately Menaspew isn't one of them.

On the chopping block for me is DBJ, BenKen, Barlow & Wells (depending on team selection). Looking at Priddis and Hopper at this stage.

Trent West has also created a headache for us Stef Martin coaches. If West is going to continue getting games and affecting Martin's scoring, Martin will need to go. Worst starting pick for the year :(

tiltraise

Development Coach
Nov 13, 2015
Hopefully we can get some relief this week and get some premiums back. Gaz, Hall, Laird, Adams will be welcome inclusions hopefully. Laird might be another week away though and Brad Scott said they would be cautious with Wells so I doubt we will see him this week.

Kinda hoping we dont even though I have all those bar Laird as current carnage is rewarding those with deep benches.

On the chopping block for me is DBJ, BenKen, Barlow & Wells (depending on team selection). Looking at Priddis and Hopper at this stage.

DBJ, Gresham + Brown potential culls for me as I look to upgrade my FWD line.

Trent West has also created a headache for us Stef Martin coaches. If West is going to continue getting games and affecting Martin's scoring, Martin will need to go. Worst starting pick for the year :(

I think it was May who caused the whole situation really just unlucky. Almost forced to move him on if West picked next week.

Watching the NM V CAR match I thought Gorringe looked ok. Not sure on Phillips injury status but if its long term 220K F/R flying solo could be a potential cash grab that opens up a switching option.

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Completely understandable. I have a bit of $ in the bank so it is probably a little easier for me to spend on an expensive rookie.

I read that Trengrove has indicated he is ready to step into the 1's. Mathieson on the bubble next week. Reports are that Shane Yarran could get a call up soon. Plays for Freo though so hard to say what his JS would be like. Any Cats fans know how Menegola is travelling?

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
I'm undecided at the moment but with cheaper rookies coming up soon might just go with them also with defence rookies seeming hard to come by at the moment dbj to Williams is look good at this stage

k-red17

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Jun 21, 2015
Bryne Jones is on the block for me his break even over 100. He's currently my D6 with the rest of the guys premos now. Not really confident in Bailey Williams job security as the logicial replacement. don't really want to add my last Defence premo just yet as i have forwards to updgrade.

Decisions...

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
Totally agree his Js isn't great but who else is there as a defence rookie 2 bring in especially when my back line looks like this
Shaw, laird, Boyd, docherty, rich, dbj, tippa, brown
And if he doesn't play much more I can swing him into the middle later on so I can have a dpp option from mids to def aswell
Or it means I'm forced to do my last backline upgrade

tiltraise

Development Coach
Nov 13, 2015
Totally agree his Js isn't great but who else is there as a defence rookie 2 bring in especially when my back line looks like this
Shaw, laird, Boyd, docherty, rich, dbj, tippa, brown
And if he doesn't play much more I can swing him into the middle later on so I can have a dpp option from mids to def aswell
Or it means I'm forced to do my last backline upgrade

Tippa's scoring is acceptable for a D6 atm I think and that lets you upgrade where you need it most.

DBJ could be out due to injury or even rested this week which provided you dont need his cash could let you hold for a week at least.

Reactions: Brad and Dino

Back2theFuture

Aspiring Coach
Apr 5, 2016
I'm undecided at the moment but with cheaper rookies coming up soon might just go with them also with defence rookies seeming hard to come by at the moment dbj to Williams is look good at this stage

Don't forget that Williams is a DEF/MID, this may be an opportunity for some teams looking for that extra flexibility.

I found this article which sums up Williams, he's in for me subject to keeping his spot when Adams returns

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-05-13/bulldog-bailey-williams-ready-to-debut

kinggo

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Apr 27, 2015
Don't forget that Williams is a DEF/MID, this may be an opportunity for some teams looking for that extra flexibility.

I found this article which sums up Williams, he's in for me subject to keeping his spot when Adams returns

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-05-13/bulldog-bailey-williams-ready-to-debut
Exactly what I'm thinking. A D/M link would be pretty nice come the back half of the year. Add that to a M/F and a F/B link and there are so many options. Moving up 12,000 in the ranking in the last 2 weeks of carnage has shown me just how useful DPP is. I've never been to worried about it in previous years but showing it's worth now.

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
I am hoping that 3 of Keays, Hopper, Smith and Mathieson can stay on my mids bench for the rest of the season, after i get Hopper this week and Mathieson next week.

Currently have $420 in the bank and will double down this weekend if Williams is named otherwise will get Boyd for DBJ. Menadue out for Hopper as well.

Menadue and DBJ to Williams and Hopper gives me $660k, whilst if i get Boyd then $220k in the bank

I need Wells, GAJ, Rocky, Hall and Barlow to come back this weekend

I have Oliver, Kennedy, Lloyd, Adams, Dea, Walla fattening up nicely and 20 trades left

Reactions: Dino and Steve

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
The DPP is more important this year than ever I think. Unprecedented carnage so you can never have too much cover. For this reason, I decided a few weeks ago to try to plan my cash generation and trading patterns around keeping Adams and Tippa at opposite ends of the ground. I've recently considered hanging on to Kerridge at F7 as well. Ideally my final team mid bench will be Petracca, Williams (or other M/D) and Hopper. I make long term plans every year that never end up happening so this could be pie in the sky stuff, but flexibility and cover with good 70-80 averaging bench players could be huge in a couple of months.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Williams is slightly more appealing than Hopper this week, D/M is handy though without another rookie with the same in midfield or defence it still limits you somewhat can't see too many situation where i'm going to want to flick Bartel or McVeigh in the mids but you never know,

Hopper's most immediate appeal for me is his score on field but i suppose if he's in the team till GWS' bye he'll come close to netting 200K, A trade from Menadue will only net me 33K.

Byrne-Jones is a concern I do think it wouldnt take much for him to come good and get up over 400K so I'm tempted to hold where'as Mitch Brown looks ready to cull.

Gawn Armi Witts

Aspiring Coach
Apr 18, 2016
Why is Hopper a must have? Are you going to be upgrading him - if so how much money will he make compared to a cheaper rookie? Is it wise to bring him in planning to use him as a M11 for rest of season?

Rob86

Aspiring Coach
Apr 11, 2016
How many trades do you guys have left? I have 18 and am wondering if I have gone too hot too quick?! Barlow is on my radar to trade - I have 180k in the bank so could turn him into Dangerfield... just not sure yet

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Why is Hopper a must have? Are you going to be upgrading him - if so how much money will he make compared to a cheaper rookie? Is it wise to bring him in planning to use him as a M11 for rest of season?

I dont think he's amust have but a 75ave would mean 150K+ by his Bye round that's better than any other current rookies, I have noticed alot suggesting that he could be used as a M7 but personally I still need to make some more cash.

simon87

Aspiring Coach
Mar 12, 2016
How many trades do you guys have left? I have 18 and am wondering if I have gone too hot too quick?! Barlow is on my radar to trade - I have 180k in the bank so could turn him into Dangerfield... just not sure yet
Maybe wait to see if he's named? If he is it would be hard to get rid of him as his avg is pretty good! I would stick tight on 18 unless you had someone like Mitch Brown who has maxed out and needs to be moved on, or if Barlow doesn't get named you would strongly consider trading him