Nato

May 22, 2015
Instead of doing this I could do:
AMT -> Docherty
Libba -> Ablett
Wells -> Dusty

Thoughts?
I would go with the second option.
Steven is doing well, but im not too confident of him doing it for the rest of the year (remember how well Armitage was doig at this stage last year?)

Reactions: Tevez17

Nato

May 22, 2015
I have a similar problem with a couple of different options;

1. Petracca - Pendles (current midfield is Danger, Ablett, Ward, Priddis, Rocky, R. Gray)
Adams - Laird/Rance (leaning towards Laird)

2. Menadue - Sloane
Adams - Laird/Rance

Would love some thoughts. Cheers

MVallence90

Mar 22, 2016
Hey fellas, was awful last week with 1780, looking to get the side back on track. Already done Rance to DBJ, 14 trades left with $277,900 in the bank. Tippa looks set to leave sadly as I need another premo up forward. Lids would mean 3 Tiger premos which could an issue but is he clearly the best choice as I have Dusty and Joey. Hewett is dropping price and should go, a week early on Phillips to open up DPP again? McCarthy is putrid but will survive as he plays this week so I need him. Here is my current side for perspective...

SC.PNG

tiltraise

Development Coach
Nov 13, 2015
13 Trades 555k. Trade options considering byes rd 14/15 & injuries.
Def: Shaw, Rich, Bartel, SEEDSMAN, Tucker, Collins (TIPPA, O MCDONALD)
Mid: Danger, HANNERS, Ablett, LIBBA, Montagna, Rockliff, J Smith, J Jansen (ABLETT, R GRAY, J TRENGOVE)
Ruck: GAWN, S Martin, (GRIMLEY)
FWD: Zorko, D Martin, WELLS, Barlow, Kerridge, Hall (ADAMS, PETRACCA)

Time has come to move on Seedsman with his injury + 1 of Tippa/Adams.

You have plenty of cash to upgrade both to you fav bye free players.

tiltraise

Development Coach
Nov 13, 2015
I have a similar problem with a couple of different options;

1. Petracca - Pendles (current midfield is Danger, Ablett, Ward, Priddis, Rocky, R. Gray)
Adams - Laird/Rance (leaning towards Laird)

2. Menadue - Sloane
Adams - Laird/Rance

Would love some thoughts. Cheers

Option 2 for me.

Petracca could be handy coverage option down the Track.

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
Time has come to move on Seedsman with his injury + 1 of Tippa/Adams.

You have plenty of cash to upgrade both to you fav bye free players.
Thanks for your reply. Much appreciated. What about Smith in the midfield would you move him on this week or play him on the ground?

Seedsman>Laird?
Smith>Deledio via DPP Kerridge
Should I open up a DPP like Bartel/Rich into the mids?
Get a midfielder?

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
Think I'm doing it......

Goldy >>>>> Martin.

Even if it does back fire I think I'll still pick up $100k. If it goes well, $200k for 1 trade and equivalent points output.

Reactions: tiltraise

tiltraise

Development Coach
Nov 13, 2015
Thanks for your reply. Much appreciated. What about Smith in the midfield would you move him on this week or play him on the ground?

Seedsman>Laird?
Get a midfielder?

Id probably keep Smith assuming he is in the 22 as he is bye free.

Think also about your plans for next week. You have 5 round 15 byes in def alone so Id be looking to upgrade one of Tucker/Collins then so saving some bank this week could be handy.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong

Seedsman>Laird?
Get a midfielder?
I don't think you need to worry about a mid/def link this year. There's that many fwd/mid premos that some (most?) sides should end up fully upgraded with 6 fwd/mids up forward and at least one of Petracca or Kerridge as cover. Its why I went with Phillips last week, his JS is shocking and it looks like he's out this week but with deep cover, you don't need him to play. I think if you have a deep defensive bench (ie keep one of Adams or Tippa at D7 with a Collins or Tucker at D8) then a mid/def link is largely a waste this year.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Anyone planning too or already have finished their mids without Pendles?

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
Anyone planning too or already have finished their mids without Pendles?

Yes. I'm taking Neale instead of Pendles.

Final Midfield will be;

Danger, GAJ, Gray, Neale, Rocky, Cotchin, Shiel, Parker. Both of the last two better pull their finger out.

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Yes. I'm taking Neale instead of Pendles.

Final Midfield will be;

Danger, GAJ, Gray, Neale, Rocky, Cotchin, Shiel, Parker. Both of the last two better pull their finger out.
Yeah would have got him this week but Sloane was much cheaper for same output in a team performing better

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Think I'm doing it......

Goldy >>>>> Martin.

Even if it does back fire I think I'll still pick up $100k. If it goes well, $200k for 1 trade and equivalent points output.
Gutsy but looking at the Norf draw, WC away, Port home (No ruck), Pies (shit rucks), he might have a couple of weeks rest

If he does then i might get Martin after his bye

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
I don't think you need to worry about a mid/def link this year. There's that many fwd/mid premos that some (most?) sides should end up fully upgraded with 6 fwd/mids up forward and at least one of Petracca or Kerridge as cover. Its why I went with Phillips last week, his JS is shocking and it looks like he's out this week but with deep cover, you don't need him to play. I think if you have a deep defensive bench (ie keep one of Adams or Tippa at D7 with a Collins or Tucker at D8) then a mid/def link is largely a waste this year.
Thanks Steve, so which trades would you make, 2 or 3, cheers

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
I kind of want to bypass Pendles, but my midfield is Dangerfield, Ablett, TMitchell, Shiel, Gray, Duncan, Libba, Hanners next week.
Maybe I have to get Scott in because of my mediocre pods.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Yeah would have got him this week but Sloane was much cheaper for same output in a team performing better

Really love the way Sloan goes about it but after getting him in at 600K as an Ablett replacement last season not sure he'll ever grace one of my teams again.

Reactions: Steve

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
I kind of want to bypass Pendles, but my midfield is Dangerfield, Ablett, TMitchell, Shiel, Gray, Duncan, Libba, Hanners next week.
Maybe I have to get Scott in because of my mediocre pods.
Same... But in his form he could average 125 for the rest of the year. He could also struggle as the Pies have a shocking run home and could lose 8 of their last 9. I hate paying top dollar for anyone but I'm getting sick of seeing him at the top of a SC scoring list when he's not in my side.