Round 14 trades

deadoralive

Mar 15, 2016
Oliver and Adams out for Phillips and Treloar. Having a shocking year, but will have (with any luck) 20 on the field, 21 with Jackson Paine if selected but I doubt that will happen.

tiltraise

Development Coach
Nov 13, 2015
Thoughts on Hickey.

Bye free, decent loophole option/ruck cover going forward (F6-F7/R3), cheap at ~400K with a b/e of 30ish.

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
What's all the sudden passion for Trelour? He's been good in pure football terms but he's been a bit disappointing in SC terms hasn't he? Disposal isn't great. I have looked at the stats - but watching a few Collingwood games his kicks seem to lack penetration - and I'm thinking his metres gained would be disappointing? A mate of mine started him and he's been grumbling about his scores almost every week ... not really seeing the attraction ...

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
What's all the sudden passion for Trelour? He's been good in pure football terms but he's been a bit disappointing in SC terms hasn't he? Disposal isn't great. I have looked at the stats - but watching a few Collingwood games his kicks seem to lack penetration - and I'm thinking his metres gained would be disappointing? A mate of mine started him and he's been grumbling about his scores almost every week ... not really seeing the attraction ...
*haven't - I haven't looked at his stats i meant to write.

This forum needs a way to edit posts!

Reactions: the cranky one

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Wells is a long shot to play this week. If there is any concern with his calf/achillies, they won't risk him and give him a couple of weeks off.
Just posted this in the Injuries thread. Hooray for double up posts!

Reactions: Dino

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
*haven't - I haven't looked at his stats i meant to write.

This forum needs a way to edit posts!
It does, for the first 5 mins after you post there is an "Edit" button on the left-hand side - over near the "Report" button.

upload_2016-6-21_7-46-41.png

Reactions: cactus

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
Not mad at all. 3 great inclusions. Hit the trade button and don't think twice about it :)
I know in my head it makes perfect sense. It's my heart that doesn't like it, getting 3 players from that team I love to hate... I just feel dirty

Reactions: Prospector

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
I know in my head it makes perfect sense. It's my heart that doesn't like it, getting 3 players from that team I love to hate... I just feel dirty
haha completely understand. If anything that can help you feel a little less violated, it is those big SC scores they can give you.

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
Upon further review I am considering a triple tiger upgrade. DBJ, Adams and Menapause out for Rance, Dusty and Lids.... Am I mad?

I think Lids is over rated. Has a higher ceiling but he also has a pretty big standard deviation. Easily shut out of games.

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
take out his 2 worst games last year and he had an average of 119 playing as a forward... He'll fire again soon, he's a champion

Take out his two best games and his average drops below 100. Well below.

Take out his two worst and his two best and you get 98.

This doesn't scream premium fwd to me......

Capture.PNG

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Can bring in Rance, Laird, and Lids with 20K left ...

Not sure why but I'm getting slightly cold feet on Rance. Tigers were rubbish at the start of the year and he scored well. Now the Tiges are playing better and he's really dropped off.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015

View attachment 507

98 puts him in the current top 10 FWDs, would be interested to know outside of Zorko, Martin, Montagna, Merrett, Wells & Barlow who else is worth getting? keeping in mind you're only looking at guaranteed premiums.

Personally I think we could see a couple come from knowhere in the 2nd half of the season but geez I've got no clue who they are,

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Can bring in Rance, Laird, and Lids with 20K left ...

Not sure why but I'm getting slightly cold feet on Rance. Tigers were rubbish at the start of the year and he scored well. Now the Tiges are playing better and he's really dropped off.

What average would you be happy with? Personally I'd take 95 from him.

As Carlton's draw get's harder does Docherty dropoff, stay the same or potentially get better? I don't see the Blues winning more than 3-4 more game this season if that, but they were pretty bad against the saints and he knocked out 140.

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015

View attachment 507
I was talking about last year mate, there's a bigger sample of games to read...

Lid's first two games this year were lower than his usual scores because he had no match fitness. Ofcourse taking out his best 2 games will drop his average heaps, that's just under a third of his games. Last year there's a sample of 17 games, his two lowest were clear outliers, that's why I took them out when I calculated that average

Reactions: tiltraise