Round 14 trades

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
I was talking about last year mate, there's a bigger sample of games to read...

Lid's first two games this year were lower than his usual scores because he had no match fitness. Ofcourse taking out his best 2 games will drop his average heaps, that's just under a third of his games. Last year there's a sample of 17 games, his two lowest were clear outliers, that's why I took them out when I calculated that average
When doing this, to be statistically correct, you should also remove the top 2 scores, as suggested above.

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
Can bring in Rance, Laird, and Lids with 20K left ...

Not sure why but I'm getting slightly cold feet on Rance. Tigers were rubbish at the start of the year and he scored well. Now the Tiges are playing better and he's really dropped off.

As a Rance owner for 3 weeks, you are right to be scared.

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
I was talking about last year mate, there's a bigger sample of games to read...

Lid's first two games this year were lower than his usual scores because he had no match fitness. Ofcourse taking out his best 2 games will drop his average heaps, that's just under a third of his games. Last year there's a sample of 17 games, his two lowest were clear outliers, that's why I took them out when I calculated that average

But looking at last years stats I'd be taking Picken in my back line......

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Oh. It's consistency you're looking for? Played 7 games this year. 17 last year. 18 the year before.

Didn't miss a game R10 to R23 both seasons.

It's all good if you just think he's past it but you've just not shown any reason why that I can see.
Doesn't mean you won't be right.

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
Didn't miss a game R10 to R23 both seasons.

It's all good if you just think he's past it but you've just not shown any reason why that I can see.
Doesn't mean you won't be right.

He's last 3 years look a lot like Judd from 2011 on. Been a gun no doubt but you gotta know when to get off him from a SC perspective.

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Upon further review I am considering a triple tiger upgrade. DBJ, Adams and Menapause out for Rance, Dusty and Lids.... Am I mad?
ooooooohhhhhh 3 tigers players doesnt fill me with confidence but they all can score well. Will Lids play the rest of the year with out a break?

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Will he play if finals are out of reach?

Hmmm of the current top ten FWD averages only 3 are likely to play finals, if an injury come up for Zorko, Montagna, Martin, Merrett, Barlow &/or Riewoldt all could be put away till next season.

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
Hmmm of the current top ten FWD averages only 3 are likely to play finals, if an injury come up for Zorko, Montagna, Martin, Merrett, Barlow &/or Riewoldt all could be put away till next season.

Don't disagree with any of that. Barlow, Martin and Zorko seem least likely to get rested to me. No real reason why. Just seems that way to me.

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
seems a lot of people jumping off libba this week

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
Seems a luxury trade to me. He'd be my last trade out.
I totally agree I'm not looking at moving him on this week but then the teams will come out and change everything I want to do anyway lol

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
As a Rance owner for 3 weeks, you are right to be scared.
Yep. I've had a rethink. I'm going to bring in Lids, Laird and Trent McKenzie as a backline downgrade instead of Rance.

All of my lines except the backline are complete. I'll look to fill the last spots with a couple of McVeigh, JJ if he looks ready to fire when he comes back or Docherty if he drops a little bit in price.

Reactions: captainchardonnay

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
After just saying its a luxury trade Libba to jack Steven is very tempting

Reactions: Prospector

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
13 Trades 555k. Trade options considering byes.
Def: Shaw, Rich, Bartel, Seedsman, Tucker, Collins (TIPPA, O MCDONALD)
Mid: Danger, HANNERS, Ablett, LIBBA, Montagna, Rockliff, J Smith, J Jansen (ABLETT, R GRAY, J TRENGOVE)
Ruck: GAWN, S Martin, (GRIMLEY)
FWD: Zorko, D Martin, Wells, Barlow, Kerridge, Hall (ADAMS, PETRACCA)