Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Big round for upgrades for some coaches.

I have been eager to get Pendles in but damn he is pricey. Leaning towards Neale at this stage to finish off my mids but not until rd 16 and resigning myself to the fact that Pendles might be a luxury trade later in the season if trades permit.

Trades I am looking at this week are:
Adams to Rance and Hopper to Phillips. Also considering Davis to Montagna but might leave that a week with Montagna's 130 BE.

Reactions: tiltraise

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
I haven't been active on this site in months, life has been pretty busy, I am not bothered by overall rank... Just about setting my team up for cash league finals, what are your thoughts on this plan? should leave 7 trades with a completed team after rd 15

This weeks trades:

1. Dunkley to Mathieson
2. Byrne-Jones to Simpson

Then next week maybe Libba to Treloar (waiting on Treloar to drop a bit of value)

After the byes maybe
1. Davis to Menegola
2. Petracca to Neale

I currently have 12 trades, so after those 5 trades it'll leave me with 7 and a team like this

Shaw, Simpson, Laird, Rance, Enright, Rich (Collins, Williams)

Danger, Hanners, Selwood, Parker, Ablett, Rockiff, Neale, Treloar (Trengove, Mathieson, Menegola)

Goldy, Gawn (Wyatt)

Zorko, Montagna, Wells, Barlow, Hall, Deledio (Phillips, Menadue)

kinggo

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Apr 27, 2015
I haven't been active on this site in months, life has been pretty busy, I am not bothered by overall rank... Just about setting my team up for cash league finals, what are your thoughts on this plan? should leave 7 trades with a completed team after rd 15

This weeks trades:

1. Dunkley to Mathieson
2. Byrne-Jones to Simpson

Then next week maybe Libba to Treloar (waiting on Treloar to drop a bit of value)

After the byes maybe
1. Davis to Menegola
2. Petracca to Neale

I currently have 12 trades, so after those 5 trades it'll leave me with 7 and a team like this

Shaw, Simpson, Laird, Rance, Enright, Rich (Collins, Williams)

Danger, Hanners, Selwood, Parker, Ablett, Rockiff, Neale, Treloar (Trengove, Mathieson, Menegola)

Goldy, Gawn (Wyatt)

Zorko, Montagna, Wells, Barlow, Hall, Deledio (Phillips, Menadue)
Nice..Any chance you have the cash to get Docherty instead of Simpson? I see him with a higher ceiling than Simpson which could come in handy for leagues. Davis could end up traded for a Fwd rookie instead of Menegola to open up some DPP later on.

kinggo

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Apr 27, 2015
2 up 1 down
Adams -> Laird
AMT -> Joyce (to use DPP with McVeigh as M9/D7 after R15 upgrade)
Petracca -> Sloane.

Still not 100% on who to bring in from Sloane, Sidebottom or Treloar. Feel Sloane is the safest though.

This should set up for a 2 up 1 down next week too.

smirski

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Jun 5, 2015
how many trades are people looking like having coming out of the byes

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
DJB & AMT for Rance & Deledio

Don't have either Carlton backs so they are tempting over Rance, but keeping D6 for JJ.

Reactions: tiltraise and Steve

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
DJB & AMT for Rance & Deledio

Don't have either Carlton backs so they are tempting over Rance, but keeping D6 for JJ.
JJ is so tempting but after being screwed by injury in the first 6-7 weeks of this year, I'm not touching anyone who hasn't had a good run at it.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
how many trades are people looking like having coming out of the byes
8 with one defensive upgrade to come in round 16, so let's say 6.

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
688k to spend this week.... 2 trades locked in Adams to Dusty and DBJ to Rance looking to get Pendles in as other trade.... not sure who to move on between Libba or Viney... was hoping 1 would become a keeper but after this weekend I don't think either is

Reactions: cactus

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
My plan has been :

Tippa to Hipwood
Hopper to Pendles
DBJ to Simpson

I doubt that will change but we will see.

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Nice..Any chance you have the cash to get Docherty instead of Simpson? I see him with a higher ceiling than Simpson which could come in handy for leagues. Davis could end up traded for a Fwd rookie instead of Menegola to open up some DPP later on.
I do but it will probably influence the Treloar trade the following week. (My team value has suffered a bit this year so I can't afford to pay full price for anyone, if I add my value and spare cash I am only worth 12,999,000).. I agree on Docherty having a higher ceiling, but I'm not 100% sold that he can keep it up, I'd rather be safer with Simmo and I definitely don't think he's worth 575k, I've still got Rich who probably won't stay in my side until the end, maybe if Doc has a couple of bad games I'll get him a bit cheaper

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
at the moment im looking at petracca, kerridge and hopper to simpson, selwood and phillips leaving my team as

Shaw,Docherty, Simpson, Larid, Boyd, Rich, Collins, Tucker
Danger, Hannebery, Pendlebery, Selwood, Ablett, Libba, Priddis, Parker, Tengrove, Gresham, Macpherson
Goldy, Gawn, Grimley
Zorko, Martin, Montagna, Hall, Suckling, Wells, Phillips, Menadue

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
at the moment im looking at petracca, kerridge and hopper to simpson, selwood and phillips leaving my team as

Shaw,Docherty, Simpson, Larid, Boyd, Rich, Collins, Tucker
Danger, Hannebery, Pendlebery, Selwood, Ablett, Libba, Priddis, Parker, Tengrove, Gresham, Macpherson
Goldy, Gawn, Grimley
Zorko, Martin, Montagna, Hall, Suckling, Wells, Phillips, Menadue
Can you afford to make those moves by offloading Menadue instead of Petracca? You don't want to leave yourself too short on bench cover on the run home.

Reactions: Brad and Dino

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Can you afford to make those moves by offloading Menadue instead of Petracca? You don't want to leave yourself too short on bench cover on the run home.
Even Gresham if possible. Move Menadue to the mids. Having M/F link could be invaluable.

Reactions: Brad and Steve

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Sloane is in great form and too hard to pass up at $554,400, so am going Docherty, Sloane and Dusty in for Adams, Lloyd and DBJ.

Leaves me with enough cash to get Gawn next week

Reactions: Prospector and Dino

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
Even Gresham if possible. Move Menadue to the mids. Having M/F link could be invaluable.
Yeh good call can do Gresham instead and use menadue for mid fwd swing I'm not to stressed at the moment about being left short after those trades I'll still have 8 so I should be right I hope

Reactions: Dino and Steve