Round 13 trades

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Z Smith to Gawn this week or wait till R15? keep in mind Smith V Bulldogs i'm not expecting much.

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
Are you planning on keeping Tippa?

Another possibility is Smith > Trengove, Nat > Goldy/Martin, Oliver > Rose (Kerridge to the mids).

The byes give me a headache. So many combinations you try to find the right balance.
Hmmm.
Do i go Nat - Goldie this week, or Nat - S Martin or hold to just have Gawn this week.

Then I might do Smith>Trengove and Hewett>Rose via Kerridge DDP. Thoughts?

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Why Phillips this week??
Just the 2 upgrades next week but none of the other mid rookies suit my bye structure. I only need him to play the next 2 weeks which I think he will. His JS is as good as any of the other rookies. I need a rookie that will play the next 2 weeks and need to generate the cash this week because I won't have enough next week to do what I need to do over rounds 14 and 15. It's a calculated risk.

Edit: even getting Phillips in this week I still have 20 starters, and 8 in the mids.

Reactions: GeoffMack

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
16 trades left - 55k. Byes/Injuries in Bold.

Def: Shaw, Rich, Bartel, D Tucker, Adams, O McDonald (Seedsman, Collins)
Mid: Danger, Priddis, R Gray, Oliver, Hannebury, Libba, Rockliff, Petracca (Ablett, J Smith, Montagna)
Ruc: Gawn, Natanui, (Grimley)
Fwd: D Martin, Zorko, Hall, Tippa Wells, Barlow, (Adams, Kerridge)

Do i go J Smith>Trengove, Hewett or Oliver>Rose via Kerridge DDP
And do i just play Gawn this week, hold on the Nat Trade, or trade to Goldie or S Martin?

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
16 trades left - 55k. Byes/Injuries in Bold.

Def: Shaw, Rich, Bartel, D Tucker, Adams, O McDonald (Seedsman, Collins)
Mid: Danger, Priddis, R Gray, Oliver, Hannebury, Libba, Rockliff, Petracca (Ablett, J Smith, Montagna)
Ruc: Gawn, Natanui, (Grimley)
Fwd: D Martin, Zorko, Hall, Tippa Wells, Barlow, (Adams, Kerridge)

Do i go J Smith>Trengove, Hewett or Oliver>Rose via Kerridge DDP
And do i just play Gawn this week, hold on the Nat Trade, or trade to Goldie or S Martin?
I would do the first 2 but with Hewett (he will drop value this week) over Oliver. I would also leave the ruck, you still have enough on field to score well and it gives you a free hit at Stef. Also allows you to go for Sauce or someone next week and miss out on a ruck bye.

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
I would do the first 2 but with Hewett (he will drop value this week) over Oliver. I would also leave the ruck, you still have enough on field to score well and it gives you a free hit at Stef. Also allows you to go for Sauce or someone next week and miss out on a ruck bye.
Thanks. When you say free hit at Stef do you mean leave him and Goldie for next week or bring Stef in this week. Cheers

simon87

Aspiring Coach
Mar 12, 2016
I have 18 starters even if I don't trade Naitanui out, is it wise holding off trading him for Gawn or Stef and rather wait and see how they go this week? Gawn's BE is 118

smirski

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Jun 5, 2015
I have 18 starters even if I don't trade Naitanui out, is it wise holding off trading him for Gawn or Stef and rather wait and see how they go this week? Gawn's BE is 118
I feel like you go gawn if your gonna end up with him next week possibly

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Thanks. When you say free hit at Stef do you mean leave him and Goldie for next week or bring Stef in this week. Cheers
Leave him for next week. He is rucking solo and against Giles. If he is any good, he will score 100+. Then you know if he still has it in him for this season. Anything less and I would be avoiding him.

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
Leave him for next week. He is rucking solo and against Giles. If he is any good, he will score 100+. Then you know if he still has it in him for this season. Anything less and I would be avoiding him.
And leave Goldie out for tonight also?

Reactions: Steve

smirski

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Jun 5, 2015
Final Trades
Smith - Trengrove
Dalh - Buddy

Chose buddy as he was cheaper basically, plus my favourite player haha.
225k in bank :)

Reactions: Steve

Benj

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 5, 2016
London
Just the 2 upgrades next week but none of the other mid rookies suit my bye structure. I only need him to play the next 2 weeks which I think he will. His JS is as good as any of the other rookies. I need a rookie that will play the next 2 weeks and need to generate the cash this week because I won't have enough next week to do what I need to do over rounds 14 and 15. It's a calculated risk.

Edit: even getting Phillips in this week I still have 20 starters, and 8 in the mids.

I'm looking at phillps early too just because it suits my structure and opens up DPP which I've been without for a few weeks.

Can someone enlighten me on him a bit? Will he hold his place? What role does he play?