Round 13 trades

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
I think we've been waiting for Zerrett to drop off all year; I think he's just a really good player. I'd probably rate those guys mentioned Buddy, Zerrett, JJK. My only worry about taking anyone this time of year from a non-finals contender is that they might get put out early for 'surgery' or the like.

Reactions: Dino

simon87

Aspiring Coach
Mar 12, 2016
Anyone considering anyone a bit left field instead of Gawn? He seems to be pretty full priced, thinking about Blicavs

GeoffMack

Development Coach
May 8, 2015
R12: 2382
Bank: $313,500
1 trade used: Brown -> Austin
16 trades remain

Hewett to go. Mathiseon/Trengove
Tossing up whether to trade Kerridge, he seems to be delivering. Was orignally thinking Dahl but thats gone out the window. Any love for Gunston out there?? Montags maybe but R13 bye and can he keep up his awesome scoring??

May hold Kerridge.

Thoughts at this stage are:
R13: Hewett -> DG (Trengove/Mathieson)
R14: Bennedy -> Lids
R15: Smith -> Hannebury & Davis -> DG (Phillips)

That plan had my mids complete and a mid/fwd swing set.

My Fwd line looks the weakest with Adams, Hall n Kerridge all playing.

Am stuck!!! Help???

24ot8ow.jpg
Am I being to conservative with my trading approach over the next few weeks? The "vibe" on this forum is an aggressive approach n go hard these next 3 weeks. I'm looking bringing in 2 premos in lids n Hanners. Leaving DBJ in def as my last upgrade. Libba a luxury in the mids. Kedge, adams n hall up fwd. I still think Kerridge is solid for 80s. Hall is a risk to hold but he is clearly in the Suns best 22 n should start scoring well again. Adams will prob make way for a buddy when he bottoms out.

Am I talking sense or off my dial??

Reactions: tiltraise

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
I actually don't need a trade....... I have no mature cows...... I'll have to sideways MacPherson to Trengove... :mad:Capture.PNG

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
I think all the downgrades you have planned are right and should work out for you. I don't think you can count on DBJ as a last upgrade. I would be looking to upgrade him during his bye, with Docherty being the most obvious.

With your trade structure the way it is you will come out of byes with 11 or 12 trades. Keep in mind that there is only 4 weeks left of head to head then 4 weeks of finals. If you're not too 4 or top 8 in your leagues coming out of byes then it will be hard to make up the ground in only 4 weeks. You can get ahead in overall during the byes but if you're playing for leagues and you've planned it out properly, then you can notch up 2 or 3 wins without really trying and it makes all the difference. Honestly if I were in your position I would be going 2-3-3 in regards to trades. That leaves you with 8 trades and a full side with only a Hall or Libba luxury upgrade to come.

Reactions: cactus

bat

Development Coach
Feb 11, 2016
Am I being to conservative with my trading approach over the next few weeks? The "vibe" on this forum is an aggressive approach n go hard these next 3 weeks. I'm looking bringing in 2 premos in lids n Hanners. Leaving DBJ in def as my last upgrade. Libba a luxury in the mids. Kedge, adams n hall up fwd. I still think Kerridge is solid for 80s. Hall is a risk to hold but he is clearly in the Suns best 22 n should start scoring well again. Adams will prob make way for a buddy when he bottoms out.

Am I talking sense or off my dial??
I'm going hard. Libba will peak in value next week unless he scores big. Kedge will be ripe R15, just in time for Joey.

I have a 'full' midfield without Hanners so priority 1A is to bring him in after his bye for Libba. I can understand holding Libba, but if you don't have a Gaz/Hanners/Pendles type I think it makes sense to trade.

Adams is going too, other than the 130 odd vs the Saints he has had a fair number of pretty ordinary scores. Doesn't look like a keeper.

Can't speak for Hall or DBJ, got rid of Hall last week to avoid a donut.

Reactions: Steve

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
I'm going hard. Libba will peak in value next week unless he scores big. Kedge will be ripe R15, just in time for Joey.

I have a 'full' midfield without Hanners so priority 1A is to bring him in after his bye for Libba. I can understand holding Libba, but if you don't have a Gaz/Hanners/Pendles type I think it makes sense to trade.

Adams is going too, other than the 130 odd vs the Saints he has had a fair number of pretty ordinary scores. Doesn't look like a keeper.

Can't speak for Hall or DBJ, got rid of Hall last week to avoid a donut.
Love all of that. I'm planning on keeping Kerridge and Petracca at F7/M9 but may use Kerridge to upgrade Hall (current F6) if need be. I'm also planning on getting Hipwood at F8 in for one of Adams or Tippa next week and keeping the other at D7 as cover. I can see extended decent scoring bench cover being more important than ever this year.

Reactions: tiltraise and Dino

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Anyone considering anyone a bit left field instead of Gawn? He seems to be pretty full priced, thinking about Blicavs
I have Sauce in RDT and he hasnt been outstanding. Stef is tempting especially without West now but i can bring my self to do it. Plus If i get Stef then both rucks have the same bye which isnt helpful

Reactions: cactus

GeoffMack

Development Coach
May 8, 2015
I think all the downgrades you have planned are right and should work out for you. I don't think you can count on DBJ as a last upgrade. I would be looking to upgrade him during his bye, with Docherty being the most obvious.

With your trade structure the way it is you will come out of byes with 11 or 12 trades. Keep in mind that there is only 4 weeks left of head to head then 4 weeks of finals. If you're not too 4 or top 8 in your leagues coming out of byes then it will be hard to make up the ground in only 4 weeks. You can get ahead in overall during the byes but if you're playing for leagues and you've planned it out properly, then you can notch up 2 or 3 wins without really trying and it makes all the difference. Honestly if I were in your position I would be going 2-3-3 in regards to trades. That leaves you with 8 trades and a full side with only a Hall or Libba luxury upgrade to come.
It does leave 8 trades. 4 weeks head to head then 4 weeks of finals. Really want 8 trades come finals. As its stands I'm 6th in my league 1 game out of top 4. Playing 3rd, 2nd n last next 3 weeks.

Gawn Armi Witts

Aspiring Coach
Apr 18, 2016
I'd choose Franklin over Zerrett if he has favourable matchup/teams toward the end of year. He's due to kick a bag or two again.

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
16 trades left - 55k. 2 or 3 trades?
What advice can you give me for trades this week please? I also have Nic Nat.
Def: Shaw, Rich, Bartel, S Collins, Adams, O McDonald (Seedsman, D Tucker)
Mid: Danger, Priddis, R Gray, Oliver, Hannebury, Libba, Rockliff, Petracca (Ablett, Smith, Hewett)
Ruc: Gawn, Natanui, (Grimley)
Fwd: D Martin, Zorko, Hall, Tippa Wells, Barlow, (Montagna, Kerridge)
Option 1 - Smith>Trengove Nat>Goldie Oliver>Stewart
Option 2 - Smith>Trengove Nat>S Martin, Oliver>Stewart
Option 3 - Is there something I am missing, better options. Thanks for your advice in advance.

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
16 trades left - 55k. 2 or 3 trades?
What advice can you give me for trades this week please? I also have Nic Nat.
Def: Shaw, Rich, Bartel, S Collins, Adams, O McDonald (Seedsman, D Tucker)
Mid: Danger, Priddis, R Gray, Oliver, Hannebury, Libba, Rockliff, Petracca (Ablett, Smith, Hewett)
Ruc: Gawn, Natanui, (Grimley)
Fwd: D Martin, Zorko, Hall, Tippa Wells, Barlow, (Montagna, Kerridge)
Option 1 - Smith>Trengove Nat>Goldie Oliver>Stewart
Option 2 - Smith>Trengove Nat>S Martin, Oliver>Stewart
Option 3 - Is there something I am missing, better options. Thanks for your advice in advance.
Are you planning on keeping Tippa?

Another possibility is Smith > Trengove, Nat > Goldy/Martin, Oliver > Rose (Kerridge to the mids).

The byes give me a headache. So many combinations you try to find the right balance.

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
Are you planning on keeping Tippa?

Another possibility is Smith > Trengove, Nat > Goldy/Martin, Oliver > Rose (Kerridge to the mids).

The byes give me a headache. So many combinations you try to find the right balance.
Thanks heaps, had not considered the third option. Do you think offload Oliver now or next week after his bye. BE is 71. I am going to keep Tippa I think at least until after his bye. Melb/Ess have the same bye round.

tiltraise

Development Coach
Nov 13, 2015
Thanks heaps, had not considered the third option. Do you think offload Oliver now or next week after his bye. BE is 71. I am going to keep Tippa I think at least until after his bye. Melb/Ess have the same bye round.

You might as well hold Oliver til his bye as anyone you trade in will have a bye coming up anyway and even if he scores 50 odd he wont lose that much $.

Reactions: Dino

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
Just looking at generating cash to bring in some premiums as i only have 55k now before any trades. Smith>Trengove, Nat>Martin, just the two and do more upgrading next week, or go the three. What about Seedsman do i keep him, he has the bye this week or downgrade?

tiltraise

Development Coach
Nov 13, 2015
Just looking at generating cash to bring in some premiums as i only have 55k now before any trades. Smith>Trengove, Nat>Martin, just the two and do more upgrading next week, or go the three. What about Seedsman do i keep him, he has the bye this week or downgrade?

No point trading Seed this week as anyone who replaces him pushes a bye free player to a non scoring position.

tiltraise

Development Coach
Nov 13, 2015
Seriously thinking of going NN > Steph.

Doesnt help with byes but he is just so damn cheap.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Final trades:
Smith to Phillips
Hewett to Trengrove

Just the 2 trades. Ready to go bang next week.