Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Happy @tabs ? Haha

I'm looking at banking some cash this week and taking a punt or two. I've got 20 playing this week before teams. Phillips looked alright today and could be handy as a downgrade for Smith or Hewett. Would be a big call to go early on him but I'm seriously considering it to help set up some big upgrades in the next 2 weeks.

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Dahl (and Hall) and NicNat to deal with :mad: Going to screw with my plans I think.

Has to be Gawn for NicNat right? Can anyone think of an alternative? You can have Stef for a song (and keep him). All of the other options that were being floated at the start of the year (Blic, Mummy, Sandy, Sauce) seem less attractive now for one reason or another than they did at the start of the year. Presumably Lycett and Sinclair will get a boost from this weeks injuries but unlikely to be enough to become ruck relevant ...

Shinboner

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Feb 19, 2016
My Stef to Nic Nat trade 4 weeks ago not looking so good now.
It was toss a coin between NN and Gawn.
Frustrating game some times

Reactions: cactus and Dino

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Cheers @Steve
NN to Gawn is trade No 1
If Walla misses then Rose for Walla, Smith to Trengove

That will give me enough cash to go DBJ and Lloyd to Pendles and Docherty with about $200k spare

Reactions: cactus

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Smith to Trengove is easy.

Will move Kerridge on also. Was planning to move Hickey on but hard to when he scores 135 and has a BE of 32. Likewise for Lyons with his 109 and BE of 42. Maybe adjust my plans and move Lee on instead if he's out for an extended time.

In terms of other downgrade options building for next week, I have 4 options to consider - Hams, Austin, Rose and Stewart (maybe Mathieson if he's back this week). All seem to have similar JS and similar scoring potential. Don't really mind which line they're on as I have plenty of DPP to shuffle. Anyone have strong thoughts yes or no on any of those???

kinggo

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Apr 27, 2015
In terms of other downgrade options building for next week, I have 4 options to consider - Hams, Austin, Rose and Stewart (maybe Mathieson if he's back this week). All seem to have similar JS and similar scoring potential. Don't really mind which line they're on as I have plenty of DPP to shuffle. Anyone have strong thoughts yes or no on any of those???
Smith to Trengove here too.
NN to Gawn
Macpherson to Hams/Rose. Is Rose only holding his place until Papley comes back in? Not sure on Hams JS either.

Hopefully that sees enough cash freed up for a 2 up 1 down next week.

Reactions: cactus

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
Smith to Trengove is easy.

Will move Kerridge on also. Was planning to move Hickey on but hard to when he scores 135 and has a BE of 32. Likewise for Lyons with his 109 and BE of 42. Maybe adjust my plans and move Lee on instead if he's out for an extended time.

Hickey is a keeper for me. Albeit as F7/R3. Awesome bench cover and an excellent loophole candidate.

Reactions: Steve

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Hi all long time podcast listener, first time being apart of the online community

What are peoples thoughts on these trades this week?

Nick Nat OUT
Gawn IN

Smith OUT
Trengove IN

Left In Bank....
$293,500
Pretty straight forward. Right trades for this week.

Reactions: Lowrider

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Hi all long time podcast listener, first time being apart of the online community

Nick Nat OUT
Gawn IN

Smith OUT
Trengove IN

Left In Bank....
$293,500
As Dino said, that looks about right. If you have any other round 13 rookies (e.g. Davis, Gresham) consider using your 3rd trade to downgrade those ready for the upgrade frenzy next week.

Reactions: Dino

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Hickey is a keeper for me. Albeit as F7/R3. Awesome bench cover and an excellent loophole candidate.
That was the original plan, but the thought of hanging on to Grimley has gotten less appealing with time. Might be the way to go. Certainly don't think I can offload Hickey before byes finish after that performance.

The other thing that hurts was having Hickey stuck at R3 this week as backup for Goldy in case he was a late out and having no way to get his 139 on the field :mad:

Reactions: Dino

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne

Nick Nat OUT
Gawn IN

Smith OUT
Trengove IN

Left In Bank....
$293,500
Almost certain to be doing these trades as well.

smirski

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Jun 5, 2015
Almost certain to be doing these trades as well.
Same without the nicknat to gawn bit. What are people going to do with dalhaus keep him if hes out for 3?

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Same without the nicknat to gawn bit. What are people going to do with dalhaus keep him if hes out for 3?
I don't have him but I would say keep. Sad to see him out but it's good for my SC side... Can't wait to get him for 400k in a few weeks time.

Reactions: Dino and Lowrider

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015

Nick Nat OUT
Gawn IN

Smith OUT
Trengove IN

Left In Bank....
$293,500

Will be the most popular trades this week.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
I don't have him but I would say keep. Sad to see him out but it's good for my SC side... Can't wait to get him for 400k in a few weeks time.
Likewise, happy to pick Dahl up later on the cheap.

Not sure what the official timeframe is, official injury list released today still says TBC. 3-4 weeks is tricky, if it's longer you're losing too much, if he's back in 2 then he may only miss 1 game + the bye.

I'd say if you have the trades and need the cover through the byes then trade. If trades are slim and you think you'll have enough players rounds 13 and 15 then hold. Given he's dumped almost $100k thanks to his 69 the week before + the injury, I'd probably favour the hold too.