Round 11 Trades

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
Against Suns this week he might get another 100... then what do you make of it? Is it just playing the Suns and every Swan is junking it up? It wouldn't surprise me if he tonned up this week and then went at 80-85 for the rest of the year.
only time will tell i guess. i wont be getting on him after one game of 100 but seems people are

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
This helps the bye structure for me with the added bonus of Mathison's cash (along with other Mid rookies that are still appreciating a decent amount in the next 2 rounds). Basically I'm looking at this as a 2 round 4 trade cluster that will see me go: Libba, BenKen, Kerridge, Macpherson out
Gray, Zorko, Mathison, SCollins in (all of which are perfect for my bye structure and more importantly are the players I want in)
I'd say they are solid trades when considering all 4 overall yeah?
So MacPherson adn BenKen for Zorko and Mathieson this week and Liba and Kerridge for Gray and Collins next week?

Solid trades but Liba will be one of the last guys i update. I still have Hopper, Smith, Keays and Mathieson (if i go MacPherson to Mathieson this week)

Reactions: cactus

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
only time will tell i guess. i wont be getting on him after one game of 100 but seems people are
No guarantees on anyone not even the players who have travelled OK til this point in the season. It would be wise to watch another game or so from McVeigh but he doesn't look a bad punt for the price for mine.

The key is not just that he'd scored a ton but that he looked better and fitter while doing it. Also that he looked like he was playing a SC friendly role.

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
Only 2K - 19 Trades
After some advice on Trades/Hold. Any strategies welcome. I think I need to work on cash generation?

Def: Shaw, Rich, Seedsman, Bartel, Tippa, Adams (O McDonald, M Brown)
Mid: Danger, Priddis, R Gray, Ablett, Hannebury, Libba, Wells, Smith (Oliver, Hewett, D Macpherson)
Ruc: Gawn, Natanui, Grimley
Fwd: D Martin, Zorko, Montagna, Petracca, A Hall, Barlow, (Kerridge, Kennedy)

Reactions: GFNL Blue Baggers

Nato

May 22, 2015
A couple of trade options for me this week. I need to trade out Viney (has been a serviceable POD so far).
currently 18 trades, 131k
option 1; Viney - Hanners (or anyone but pendles)
option 2; Viney - R Gray (and wait til next week to go Brown-Collins, Tippa to Zorko/Lids)
option 3; Viney - R Gray, Tippa - Z Merrett

would love some opinions
cheers

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Only 2K - 19 Trades
After some advice on Trades/Hold. Any strategies welcome. I think I need to work on cash generation?

Mid: Danger, Priddis, R Gray, Ablett, Hannebury, Libba, Wells, Smith (Oliver, Hewett, D Macpherson)
Bit of a tough one. Lack of cash and midfield DPP means you don't have many options.
MacPherson > Matherson
Kennedy > back line rookie via Brown DPP (selection dependent, maybe Tucker?)
It's not great but it's the best I can think of.

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
A couple of trade options for me this week. I need to trade out Viney (has been a serviceable POD so far).
option 2; Viney - R Gray (and wait til next week to go Brown-Collins, Tippa to Zorko/Lids)

would love some opinions
cheers
I think I prefer option 2. Hanners has been great for me since I straight swapped him for Fyfe but Hanners is fully priced and the smart play for you is to pick up Gray and Lids while they're cheap.

Reactions: Nato and Dino

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
Bit of a tough one. Lack of cash and midfield DPP means you don't have many options.
MacPherson > Matherson
MacPherson > Matherson
I have Wells in the middle as DPP if that helps or makes any difference?

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
I have Wells in the middle as DPP if that helps or makes any difference?
Oh yes. Sorry. Didn't see that. You could just go BenKen to Matherson via Well but you'd then have some who his pretty much a primo on you forward bench. Not ideal given you're still playing rookies on field on your other lines.

There doesn't seem to be much point in keeping MacPherson as he's out for ages and that won't help over the bye rounds so MacPherson to Matherson looks solid.

BenKen should really go this week if at all possible as he's not a keeper and going to plunge in value. You can't really go up with no coin so going the most promising downgrade once teams are released looks your best option.

Reactions: tiltraise

qarocks

Development Coach
Feb 5, 2016
Anyone thinking of Tippet this week? Avg 94, has R/F status and Goldy is probably out this week?
5K short of Dahl :(

smirski

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Jun 5, 2015

would love some opinions
cheers
Option 2

Reactions: Nato

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
At this stage I've gone BenKen to Zorko and Menadue to Tucker (pending teams). Passing on Mathieson as I don't need a midfield rookie right now, and in principle for the arm raising and calling himself beast-mode.

That will leave me short 1 forward premium and probably 2 midfield premiums. Probably downgrade over the next 2 weeks to build up a warchest to fill those last 3 spots after round 13 byes. Deledio up forward looks perfect. Options of GAJ, Treloar, Pendles in the midfield as well as other PODs such as Steven, Cotchin, Cripps. I'll have at least 19 players for round 13 including my entire starting midfield. I'll have DPP links everywhere (R/F, D/F, D/M. M/F) and 8 trades left for injuries and luxury trades.

Sounds great, now watch it get torn apart with injury and poor form :cool:

Reactions: Dino and Steve

GFNL Blue Baggers

Perennial Finalists.
Veterans
May 6, 2015
Brisbane, Qld
Only 2K - 19 Trades

Just keep going one up, one down mate, you're looking in good shape.

Oliver > Mathieson
Or
Oliver > Collins (swing Kerridge to MID, Brown to FWD)

Then see who you can get BKen up to & complete FWD line or i guess you could go McPherson > Mathieson for double downgrade to build your bank.

I wish I had your problems....

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Passing on Mathieson as I don't need a midfield rookie right now, and in principle for the arm raising and calling himself beast-mode.
He didn't really call himself that did he? I thought that was just a name others had bestowed on him ...

Having said that I don't really have a strongly enforced "no d***heads" rule in my team.

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
MacPherson > Matherson
Or would you go 1 up down, like Oliver to Mathieson and then upgrade kennedy to another fwd? Deci

Reactions: cactus

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
So if everyone makes their BEs over the next couple of weeks then i can go

MacPherson to Mathieson and Dea to Docherty this week (Bye strategy 23-17-20)
R12 i can go Kerridge and Walla to Zorko and Sam Collins (Bye strategy 24-18-18)
R13 no trades if Trengove isnt on the bubble
R14 Lloyd and Oliver to Trengove and Pendlebury (Bye strategy 19-18)

Luke0123

Aspiring Coach
Patron '16
May 13, 2015
Anyone thinking of Tippet this week? Avg 94, has R/F status and Goldy is probably out this week?
5K short of Dahl :(
I would consider if Goldy does actually miss, we will know as he plays Friday otherwise id prefer Buddy or Montagna

Nato

May 22, 2015
I would consider if Goldy does actually miss, we will know as he plays Friday otherwise id prefer Buddy or Montagna

i think its a valid pick if you cant get in one of the top FWD's. Can he sustain that form though? I would expect 90 avg from here, but not much more.
(last 4 years; 85,89,75,89) Looking back, he also drops in some really low scores

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
For those considering a R/F player I've had Hickey since rd 2 and he's been solid. #1 ruck, can kick goals and rarely gets beaten in the ruck contest. Currently he's F7 but will come in very handy this week. Nothing special but is usually good for 80 and the odd ton. Handy loophole option too.