Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
For those considering a R/F player I've had Hickey since rd 2 and he's been solid. #1 ruck, can kick goals and rarely gets beaten in the ruck contest. Currently he's F7 but will come in very handy this week. Nothing special but is usually good for 80 and the odd ton. Handy loophole option too.
I've had him since the start of the year. No massive scores since round 1, but a good solid contributor. Planning to keep him, Adams and maybe Kerridge as a rotating F6/7/8 depending on opponents to give me the DPP flexibility to cover most potential problems. Hopefully I can even use him as R3 with Grimley F8 to give me a playing ruck emergency in case of a late out by Goldy or Gawn.

Reactions: captainchardonnay

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
I've had him since the start of the year. No massive scores since round 1, but a good solid contributor. Planning to keep him, Adams and maybe Kerridge as a rotating F6/7/8 depending on opponents to give me the DPP flexibility to cover most potential problems. Hopefully I can even use him as R3 with Grimley F8 to give me a playing ruck emergency in case of a late out by Goldy or Gawn.

I've been a big fan of set & forget rucks with a DPP back up for years. Has saved my @ss many a time. Looks like it will do the same again this year (at least once anyway).

Reactions: the cranky one

toxic

May 1, 2015
who's the best forward to bring in?

Dollhouse (Average inflated by his 150)
Buddy - swimming in gold coast this week (seems ot need to kick 8 to score 130)
Joey - (saints are going okay but he is 55 years old or something)
Zerrett - the peptides are crap but someone has to get their points, apart form his Anzac day disaster his average is impressive

Sitting 54th overall and this trade is killing me. fwiw it'll be Mitch Brown out and one of the 4 above in - cannot afford Zorko, already have Lids

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015

Zerrett - the peptides are crap but someone has to get their points, apart form his Anzac day disaster his average is impressive

Sitting 54th overall and this trade is killing me. fwiw it'll be Mitch Brown out and one of the 4 above in - cannot afford Zorko, already have Lids

FWIW, if I wanted consistency, I'd go Dalhaus. If I wanted the possiblity of going huuuuuge, then Buddy.

I know Buddy has been ultra consistent all year but you just know there's a 170 coming... followed by a 57.

Reactions: Prospector

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015

just as a point of difference call me crazy but have you considered n riewoldt apart from one score of 33 in round one he is killing it
otherwise i think i would be going with Dollhouse if it was me but im ranked 2395 not 54th lol

Reactions: toxic and doddy2731

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015

54th!!! Well done. Joey has a nice draw for the rest of the year of the 4, but i think that Dollhouse may be the only player unlikely to get a week off to rest

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
I think I might ditch Keays instead of Hewett. Keays just doesn't look like he's got a bigger score in him. BE around 40 and he's only just managing 50s. Hewett could be good for another couple of 80s heading into the byes. Whoever I keep is becoming Pendles in 3 weeks time. Hewett looks like he will have a bit more value in him.

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
I think I might ditch Keays instead of Hewett. Keays just doesn't look like he's got a bigger score in him. BE around 40 and he's only just managing 50s. Hewett could be good for another couple of 80s heading into the byes. Whoever I keep is becoming Pendles in 3 weeks time. Hewett looks like he will have a bit more value in him.
Keays needs a bigger game soon or he will go from my team as well. Not making money quick enough and has a low ceiling

Reactions: Steve

bat

Development Coach
Feb 11, 2016
Keays needs a bigger game soon or he will go from my team as well. Not making money quick enough and has a low ceiling
But that late bye means you can trade him late. That's what I'd be doing, especially seeing as his JS looks pretty good given how average he's been playing.

They didn't give him the #1 for nothing! He has a big game in him (don't forget about that 0.4 game)

bat

Development Coach
Feb 11, 2016
Thinking of bringing in David Armitage because I've lost my mind (and possibly throwing in the towel)

$50k cheaper than Gray, both averaged 110 last year and both have nice draws.

Armo coming off a huge 17 tackle game which I'm hoping has played him into form. Thoughts?

Reactions: Prospector

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Thinking of bringing in David Armitage because I've lost my mind (and possibly throwing in the towel)

$50k cheaper than Gray, both averaged 110 last year and both have nice draws.

Armo coming off a huge 17 tackle game which I'm hoping has played him into form. Thoughts?
Great POD I reckon. From memory I think he was the #1 ranked overall player for the first 8 Or 9 rounds last year. He will be up and down as usual, especially with guys like Ross coming through, but he can go super large as well. If your gut says do it then do it!

Reactions: GeoffMack and bat

GeoffMack

Development Coach
May 8, 2015
Bennedy dropped. Barlow named HF. Hall struggling with a sore shoulder.

I'm Leaning towards Hall n Barlow upgrade. Am I crazy??

GeoffMack

Development Coach
May 8, 2015
Great POD I reckon. From memory I think he was the #1 ranked overall player for the first 8 Or 9 rounds last year. He will be up and down as usual, especially with guys like Ross coming through, but he can go super large as well. If your gut says do it then do it!
I'm looking at him.