Round 11 Trades

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Well Mathieson looks a very likely inclusion for me (everyone?) this week. Probably Hewitt out for me as my midfield is finished and I don't have many mid rooks to choose from.

Then I'm guessing BenKen becomes Dollhouse. Round 14 bye very useful for my forward line and he's probably got as low as he's going to get.

The only other one who caught my eye over the weekend was McVeigh but I can probably afford to watch him for another week. Even if he goes up in price a bit if he's back fit and firing he'll still be a bargain.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Looking at Hewett & Kerridge to Gray & Mathieson but we'll see what happens,

Deledio is definitely on the radar.

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
Bennedy has to go. Trouble is there's no downgrade option. Already have Mathieson. Went early on Collins which may yet bite my ass. McVeigh could be Tempting though.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
I'm still very cautious on McVeigh. Junked up his score by playing on from kick outs and playing loose man a lot of the time which allowed him the freedom to kick 2 goals as well. Won't get to do that every week and with his 70 still in his cycle you'll get another week to look at him before his price starts to go up (if he keeps scoring well....).

Reactions: TwentyThree

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
I'm still very cautious on McVeigh. Junked up his score by playing on from kick outs and playing loose man a lot of the time which allowed him the freedom to kick 2 goals as well. Won't get to do that every week and with his 70 still in his cycle you'll get another week to look at him before his price starts to go up (if he keeps scoring well....).

I got him in a couple weeks back his start to the season has been very similar to Bartel I expect him to be consistent from here at about 95ave

Reactions: Prospector

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Yeah Stef is a worry. He's losing too much cash to do anything about. Provided he doesn't go TOO cheap I may look to move him on at the byes given he and Goldy share the same week.

Not sure on this week's trades yet. I want Mathieson but I think this might be the week I have to get Pendles. Or Priddis. Or Gray. Shit.

All my fwd/mids are in the fwd line so I can't flick Bennedy for a mid. I want to get Petracca in the mids long term as well. Got some problem solving to do this week.

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
What you say is true but he seemed to be playing pretty well too. Looked fit. Looked pretty sharp. In the action a fair bit. Playing a role that allows for some decent scoring. Stands to reason he'd take a while to get into the swing of things after that interrupted preseason. Long term track record reads well. Any reason to think he would have lost it completely?

Anyway, I'll watch for one more week but if he lokiks good again big chance I'll bring him in.

Reactions: Prospector

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Stef Martin is killing me. Will be under 400K next week. WTF do I do. Was planning on Hewett > Mathieson and Kerridge > Hanners. Need a few nights sleep to think about it.
It feels like it is almost too late to fix him now if you haven't already done it. Season destroying. What you really need is for a ruckman to emerge midseason like Gawn did last year and Stef did the year before but that just seems a bit too much to hope for ...

Reactions: Prospector and Dino

Shinboner

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Feb 19, 2016
Yeah Stef is a worry. He's losing too much cash to do anything about. Provided he doesn't go TOO cheap I may look to move him on at the byes given he and Goldy share the same week.

Not sure on this week's trades yet. I want Mathieson but I think this might be the week I have to get Pendles. Or Priddis. Or Gray. Shit.

All my fwd/mids are in the fwd line so I can't flick Bennedy for a mid. I want to get Petracca in the mids long term as well. Got some problem solving to do this week.
I bit the bullet this week just gone and moved him on to Nic Nat.......crappy to do a sideways but he is way out of form and Trent West killing him......the trade hurts, but my team looks so much sexier with Nic Nat in it.

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
It feels like it is almost too late to fix him now if you haven't already done it. Season destroying. What you really need is for a ruckman to emerge midseason like Gawn did last year and Stef did the year before but that just seems a bit too much to hope for ...
I hear ya and you are right, he is a season destroyer. Undefeated in my cash league but constantly getting outscored but 2 main dangers. Fixing it at 412K is preferable to 365K. I don't know. A lot of water to go under the bridge before rd 11 starts

kinggo

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Apr 27, 2015
A bit stuck for compatible out and in positions this week so going a bit riskier. Libba down to Mathison then BenKen to Zorko. Would have liked to strengthen the mids this week but just nothing on offer I'm happy to go down to on other lines. Gray coming in next week and SCollins too if he puts in an OK game this week and we don't get an FURL the following week.

Libba just not quite up to mid keeper the rate he is going.

simon87

Aspiring Coach
Mar 12, 2016
Thinking of bringing in one of McVeigh, Rance or Bartel for Hartley, who's the best bet?

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
Double upgrade for me this week after my deplorable round 10 (see story in round 10 discussion) BenKen to Gray and Kerridge to Dahlhaus.... Kerridge may change to Murphy depending on how bad Murphys ankle is.... I don't see Mathieson as a must have

Reactions: GeoffMack

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Double upgrade for me this week after my deplorable round 10 (see story in round 10 discussion) BenKen to Gray and Kerridge to Dahlhaus.... Kerridge may change to Murphy depending on how bad Murphys ankle is.... I don't see Mathieson as a must have

Like the trades!

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Thinking of bringing in one of McVeigh, Rance or Bartel for Hartley, who's the best bet?

Having McVeigh and Bartel already both look pretty solid at the Price you'd go with McVeigh, I'd like to get Rance in over the byes, keep in mind Bartel and McVeigh will probably miss a game for a rest at some point.

Reactions: cactus

bat

Development Coach
Feb 11, 2016
A big word of warning with McVeigh: the Kangas give up big scores to rebounding backmen so I wouldn't read too much into the weekend's score.

Swans: McVeigh 116, Jones 81, Rampe 58
Blues: Docherty 135, Simmo 103, Byrne 112
Bombers: Baguley 112, Kelly 82, Dea 88
Saints: Montagna 130, Gilbert 97, Savage 98
Dogs: Boyd 120, Biggs 67 (105DT)
Suns: KK 77

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
A big word of warning with McVeigh: the Kangas give up big scores to rebounding backmen so I wouldn't read too much into the weekend's score.

Swans: McVeigh 116, Jones 81, Rampe 58
Blues: Docherty 135, Simmo 103, Byrne 112
Bombers: Baguley 112, Kelly 82, Dea 88
Saints: Montagna 130, Gilbert 97, Savage 98
Dogs: Boyd 120, Biggs 67 (105DT)
Suns: KK 77

Doesn't look like much more than most give up to me

tiltraise

Development Coach
Nov 13, 2015
A bit stuck for compatible out and in positions this week so going a bit riskier. Libba down to Mathison then BenKen to Zorko. Would have liked to strengthen the mids this week but just nothing on offer I'm happy to go down to on other lines. Gray coming in next week and SCollins too if he puts in an OK game this week and we don't get an FURL the following week.

Libba just not quite up to mid keeper the rate he is going.

Id suggest holding Libba at least until his bye and then make a decision on him.

This allows you to trade to a Sidebottom/Treloar/Cotchin type and dodge a bye or perhaps even a Lids possibly opening up a DPP link.