Trades & SC 2016

Dr Bones

Premiership Coach
Staff member
Veterans
Apr 24, 2015
Bayside, Melbourne
I think you'll find Petracca drops out of most calculations when he's not named in Rd 1. Melbourne won't rush him in. He'll play VFL to start probably.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
I think you'll find Petracca drops out of most calculations when he's not named in Rd 1. Melbourne won't rush him in. He'll play VFL to start probably.

He'll be named! Already been stated to be lining up as 2nd marking target down frwd. Maybe dropped but R1 he'll be there.

Reactions: M4TT B8S

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
So this is how the Maulers are looking at the moment.
As you can see still have way to much in the bank this will be rectified as I continue to play around with line-ups.
Rosa may turn into Shaw, Wines maybe to Fyfe, or either Bird/Thomas be upgraded. (these will be closely watch through pre-season)
As we know Rookies are hit and miss at this stage but the ones I have I can see playing games with maybe Hipwood the exception.

Moama Maulers Mk1.JPG

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
So this is how the Maulers are looking at the moment.
As you can see still have way to much in the bank this will be rectified as I continue to play around with line-ups.
Rosa may turn into Shaw, Wines maybe to Fyfe, or either Bird/Thomas be upgraded. (these will be closely watch through pre-season)
As we know Rookies are hit and miss at this stage but the ones I have I can see playing games with maybe Hipwood the exception.

View attachment 176
I like it mate :D, remember anderson in forwardline for 220k ish, Maybe Anderson (dpp) instead of one of your midpriced forwards then use that cash from another midprice forward to turn into a player such as Barlow, Buddy, Bennell... Then there'd still be cash left after that

Personally I like having more real high end mids, 600k+, especially if I have a midpricer like Libba... But I don't see why this structure wouldn't work, looks really good mate, I agree with all the individual player picks :D, just maybe wouldn't have all of them in the one side (like Watson, Wines, Thomas, Wells, Bird, Rosa, Malceski, Smith, Leuy)

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
I really do like the Rosa pick, massive point of difference, I forgot about him, I'd pick him too but I'm not sure he'll average that 90-95+, never over 90 before

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
I really do like the Rosa pick, massive point of difference, I forgot about him, I'd pick him too but I'm not sure he'll average that 90-95+, never over 90 before

Like I said work in progress, but pretty happy with where it's at, and the money floating in the bank.
It's a great little start, so can't wait for the season to get cracking.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Personally I like having more real high end mids, 600k+, especially if I have a midpricer like Libba... But I don't see why this structure wouldn't work, looks really good mate.QUOTE]

I hear what your saying but players like Watson, Selwood, Libba are all players that can be 600+, 2 will want to prove a point this year and the other will just be back to his best, Wines maybe the one that gets the move on from this midfield. As I see it, using players like these frees up cash for other lines, but can also be used as stepping stones and grab fallen premos if it doesn't work, these players wont lose cash.

Watson since 2010 has averaged over 105 incl. a huge 121 in 2012, last year still averaged 92, this year he'll be back to his best I expect 105+ min.
Selwood since 2009 has averaged 110+ with a 120 in 2014, last year averaged 104 after a bad year for him, now with Danger he'll thrive.
Libba averaged 110 in 2014 and will be fighting fit for next season, he is the lock of all locks in the midfield, I think even more than Ablett.

Reactions: M4TT B8S

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Big news breaking regarding Fyfe.

Nat Fyfe has suffered a serious back injury during a training drill,2 months before he can get back into training.
Fyfe is likely to miss Fremantle’s pre-season matches, although the reported schedule would see him return, all going well, for the home and away season start.
The report said scans showed the disc was bulging and pushing on his spinal cord. He was said to have avoided surgery that could have sidelined him for six months.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Not a good sign though, back injuries are one of those things that can flair up anytime.
I know, I have a pinched nerve, that actually makes my left foot numb when I do a bit more than I should.
It's one injury that should be watched closely. That pretty much has put a black mark through his name for me!

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Not a good sign though, back injuries are one of those things that can flair up anytime.
I know, I have a pinched nerve, that actually makes my left foot numb when I do a bit more than I should.
It's one injury that should be watched closely. That pretty much has put a black mark through his name for me!
Ryan Griffen,...... but he deserved it

Reactions: doddy2731

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
So I've had a little re-shuffle to the Maulers. Pretty happy, still waiting to see what rookies start to stand out obviously but the bones of the team at this stage are complete.

Backs: McVeigh, Hibberd(dons), Johnson, Rosa, Hibberd(roos), Brown - Bonner, Cole
Mids: Ablett, Hanners, Treloar, Selwood, Rocky, Libba, Kerridge, Freeman - Trengove, Gore, Keays
Rucks: Nic Nat, Burger - Currie
Fwrds: Martin, Zorko, Barlow, Buddy, Wells, Sumner - Petracca, Yarran

Couple of question marks over Buddy and Wells with fitness but overall pretty balanced and goes reasonably deep on all lines.
My only concern is Burger, he is great value but the Ding Dong incident of last year still burns deep.

Reactions: Dino and M4TT B8S