Trades & SC 2016

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Ruck/Forward:
- The Burger Ess Under Priced Keeper $310K - DPP If fit should ave 85+

I'm looking at Sinclair rather than Burgs, just because Sinclair averaged 75 as a 2nd ruck, Burgs has only ever averaged over 75 twice in nine years... Sinclair should be locked in to increase that average as he'll be number 1 ruck at Sydney, and only 100k more

lock sinclair in for 95+ average as a dual position ruc/fwd

Reactions: timsterd

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Great discussion guys, keep it up!
What better way to spend a 43 degree day, beer in hand working on SC!

I'm hearing ya!:cool:

Agree with Brown down back, and can't go past Smith DPP and finished the year well.
Ablett and Libba for sure, and i'm going to back Watson to come back and kill it this season.
Still in the air about Rucks, but seriously thinking of putting the Burger/Vardy combo in R2/F6 spots
O'meara i will be watching if he lines up R1 he's in my side, apparently had a little set back and there is talk he may miss the first round son we shall see.

As for the rookie lock, right with ya in Petracca. He's fit and hungry and will get heaps of game time, mainly in forward line as a 2nd target behind Hogan but will kick a couple and move into the middle for resting the runners.

I really think a lot of teams will be running with similar line-ups at the start this year.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
What should I spend the 96k on?

and your thoughts on the structure guys?View attachment 166

Well i could think one thing you could spend $96k on, when days are this hot! ;)

For me it's probably a little early to be talking structures, when we're not to sure of how teams will be lining up and how new recruits to teams will be used.
I'm liking that midfield very strong, personally i'm steering clear of Beams (i did have him last year and was happy) mainly because Rocky is back and i'm a little Lions shy when selecting players.
And i'm not to sure about Barlow, i have him in in my side at the moment also, but i just don't know if he will be used in the midfield as much as we would like.

Are you still using that formular M4TT for your prices or do you have the actual SC $?

Stay cool guys! (I trying very unsuccessfully)..

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
supercoach station on facebook posted all the prices and positions, I'm too tight to pay too ;) :D
[SupercoachCoach still the best group out here though. no doubt.] The only group I can trust for advice, I listened to other people in my 1st year and ranked like 30k, listened to SCC and did my own research and ranked 2700 in my 2nd year (700th at one stage late... dropped a lot in the last 2-3 weeks)

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Yeah Facebook is not a place for advice, too many dropkicks with their own agender.
There is a couple of groups out there, but i settled here. Guys are friendly and there's always someone happy to have a chat.
I think that showed last year with such a successful league showing, that everyone here just wants people to do well and fly the flag for the community.

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
teamwork for the win mate.... we're competitive here but it's between us vs the world,.... Banter here just doesn't exist fkn love it, #OneBigFamily

Reactions: TomCat and timsterd

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Looking a little more seriously at Daisy now, he hasn't fallen apart yet and at only $300k DPP looks good.
Only played 5 games obviously this season and if you take out his 4 in R1 (injury), he averaged 70.5 for the others while also under the weather.
Even if he averages 85-90 he will be a great stepping stone.

timsterd

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
Apr 24, 2015
I've been negative about Crouch and O'Meara as keepers on field... but just occurred to me maybe one of them as a keeper and move to the bench later, 95 is nowhere near enough average for on field mid for the whole year.. you want atleast 15 more than that, I realised Anderson could be a forward so I got rid of Rich and Dahlhaus to bring in Beams and Aish (Leaving a massive 96k in the bank, can change a lot with that)

What should I spend the 96k on?

and your thoughts on the structure guys?View attachment 166
not sure about anderson yet, prob a couple of other cheaper players that will pop up later in preseason, which will allow you to upgrade a couple of others like barlow, cockato. Aish is the other one which hasn't proved himself yet, wait for nab cup on him role/performance, again may be able to downgrade to a cheaper rookie to save some $$ and upgrade elsewhere. etc You currently have 14 potential keepers, i reckon you could squeeze that to 15!

timsterd

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
Apr 24, 2015
Looking a little more seriously at Daisy now, he hasn't fallen apart yet and at only $300k DPP looks good.
Only played 5 games obviously this season and if you take out his 4 in R1 (injury), he averaged 70.5 for the others while also under the weather.
Even if he averages 85-90 he will be a great stepping stone.
with that DPP, he is worth the look. The thing is though he will really need an upgrade later on, so that most you ave looking to make from him will be 200K and then need an upgrade. Could he possibly average 95+? If you think the answer is yes, then worth a look at this stage, if NO then probably suggest looking for a cheaper option who can average 90+, if possible.

timsterd

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
Apr 24, 2015
I'm looking at Sinclair rather than Burgs, just because Sinclair averaged 75 as a 2nd ruck, Burgs has only ever averaged over 75 twice in nine years... Sinclair should be locked in to increase that average as he'll be number 1 ruck at Sydney, and only 100k more

lock sinclair in for 95+ average as a dual position ruc/fwd
It's a great point, Sinclair is def worth a good look. I think it will come down to pre season form and if I can squeeze the $100K without dropping a potential keeper in my starting squad. Great suggestion, on my short list. F.Y.I. Whether it's burger or sinclair they will be sitting on my forward line as ruck cover and potential loophole with other forwards during the season.

timsterd

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
Apr 24, 2015
I'm hearing ya!:cool:

Agree with Brown down back, and can't go past Smith DPP and finished the year well.
Ablett and Libba for sure, and i'm going to back Watson to come back and kill it this season.
Still in the air about Rucks, but seriously thinking of putting the Burger/Vardy combo in R2/F6 spots
O'meara i will be watching if he lines up R1 he's in my side, apparently had a little set back and there is talk he may miss the first round son we shall see.

As for the rookie lock, right with ya in Petracca. He's fit and hungry and will get heaps of game time, mainly in forward line as a 2nd target behind Hogan but will kick a couple and move into the middle for resting the runners.

I really think a lot of teams will be running with similar line-ups at the start this year.

Watson will be unique, and if Essendon are cleared of WADA before the season, may well be worth a look. On wait list for me! For $50K could go Rocky which is what I would probably do instead, try and find $$ elsewhere to upgrade from Watson to Rocky.
I like the R2/F6 DPP, myself I'll use R3 as my DPP and go two premiums in R1 & R2 instead.

timsterd

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
Apr 24, 2015
Using the actual prices now :), I've always had a soft spot for the Lions, maybe I'll go with Pendles over Beams
Prob too early looking at the starting premium midfield keepers. At this stage I just place one of the more expensive premiums so that as we get closer to kick off I can alter my selection to a slightly cheaper player if I need cash elsewhere. I do the same with Rookies at this stage of the year, easier when trying to find $$ the week before the season starts. I like both Beams and Pendles great picks. You could look at Rocky, Jelwood instead if you are looking for a bit of value!

timsterd

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
Apr 24, 2015
teamwork for the win mate.... we're competitive here but it's between us vs the world,.... Banter here just doesn't exist fkn love it, #OneBigFamily
Couldn't agree more guys, this SC Group supports everyone and the experienced guys certainly help everyone along. It's a great place to be

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Prob too early looking at the starting premium midfield keepers. At this stage I just place one of the more expensive premiums so that as we get closer to kick off I can alter my selection to a slightly cheaper player if I need cash elsewhere. I do the same with Rookies at this stage of the year, easier when trying to find $$ the week before the season starts. I like both Beams and Pendles great picks. You could look at Rocky, Jelwood instead if you are looking for a bit of value!
I posted my team earlier, already have Rocky and Selwood in there :)... Fyfe, Ablett, Pendles/Beams (not decided), Selwood, Rockliff, Libba

timsterd

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
Apr 24, 2015
I posted my team earlier, already have Rocky and Selwood in there :)... Fyfe, Ablett, Pendles/Beams (not decided), Selwood, Rockliff, Libba
Well done, to be honest you can't go wrong with either both great starting picks.

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Shiel wouldn't surprise me if he averaged around 113, but it's not the year to pick him with Rockliff/Selwood around the same price... if one gets injured in preseason I'll look at him for sure [554k]