Trades & SC 2016

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
I'm not keen on Aish I think the Pies may struggle this year, but I'm seriously looking at Adcock and I think will love playing at the kennel. Wells I think could be OK just needs to get some games into him to see if he will stay together.

I looked at Adcock too, but I wasn't sure if it's just because I love the dogs, need someone non-biased to convince me it's not just me

he'll play around the grounds, get his chance mid/forward not just defence... and if that's the case scoring should increase a fair amount, he's had decent 90 averages before too and Bevo brings out the best in players (see what I mean, it's too easy for me to convince myself all the Dogs would be a great pick... I could argue a case for anyone)

That's why at the moment I'm only looking at Libba and maybe Matt Boyd in defence

even though I'd love to have Dahlhaus, Bont, Wallis, Murphy, Suckling, Picken, McLean, Roughead.... the list goes on

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Ha ha ha, if only I had that kind of enthusiasm for my Dees!
Your right I think Adcock is going to get his chances all over the ground, and will suite him very well.
I will be interested to see what kind of roll he plays during pre-season matches.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
I will throw a new Ruck in the mix, Vardy $315k and DPP could be good this year (if he stays injury free).
Played last 3 of the season with an average of 77, with a 93, 35, and a huge 105.

Reactions: M4TT B8S

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
I will throw a new Ruck in the mix, Vardy $315k and DPP could be good this year (if he stays injury free).
Played last 3 of the season with an average of 77, with a 93, 35, and a huge 105.

Concern is a man called Zac Smith, but I did think the same as you did, fuck it'd be a nice pick if he worked out

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Any fwd/ruc that isn't Leuey will be a point of difference next year... I'm going with Sinclair, was a fan when he was at WC, almost started with him instead of Bellchambers but he had a thumb injury so didn't play at the start of the season, huge believer he can average 100+ as a number 1 ruck

Reactions: Prospector

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Concern is a man called Zac Smith, but I did think the same as you did, fuck it'd be a nice pick if he worked out

Yeah true forgot he ended up down there, between them they may just get a full season between them.
They could both be switching between Ruck and Fwrd next season due to the interchange rules, making Rucks that can kick goals even more attractive only drama with Smith is he is Ruck only.

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Yeah true forgot he ended up down there, between them they may just get a full season between them.
They could both be switching between Ruck and Fwrd next season due to the interchange rules, making Rucks that can kick goals even more attractive only drama with Smith is he is Ruck only.

very true, I know I said before about me and bias, but Roughead from dogs 340k bac/ruc kicks goals when forward, almost certain he'll play ruc/fwd, 90% of the time he's played ruck he's scored 80+, if he trains in that role over the preseason, then fits in nicely, could be a decent 90+ average in defence... unfortunately there's no rookies that have the def/ruc link, makes him much less appealing :(

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Risky though, Bevo likes shifting people around so some games he'll have to play that lockdown defender role, which kinda isn't worth the risk... I hate it when I write something negative about any of my doggies players :p

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Bird to the Bombers, I like that. Bird could really be a POD in the midfield. He will get playing time you would think.

Bird up forward for under 350k if you're still interested (I'm staying away just because I don't think he'll reach top 6 forwards), trying to only pick players that'll be at the top of their positions (unless there's a massive bargain like Libba)

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Bird up forward for under 350k if you're still interested (I'm staying away just because I don't think he'll reach top 6 forwards), trying to only pick players that'll be at the top of their positions (unless there's a massive bargain like Libba)

Only forward not DPP?

tiltraise

Development Coach
Nov 13, 2015
Risky though, Bevo likes shifting people around so some games he'll have to play that lockdown defender role, which kinda isn't worth the risk... I hate it when I write something negative about any of my doggies players :p

What are your thoughts on Dahlhaus this year? Does Libba's return effect his MF minutes?

Reactions: M4TT B8S

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
What are your thoughts on Dahlhaus this year? Does Libba's return effect his MF minutes?

He said in an interview he's building up to play more midfield time :), plays more in the mid every year, look at his scores and disposal rankings,... if the trend continues it's going to be hard not to pick him, I had Dahlhaus most of last year and loved it

I'm limitting myself to 2 doggies, at the moment it's Libba+ either Matt Boyd or Dahlhaus

Reactions: tiltraise

timsterd

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
Apr 24, 2015
Great discussion guys, keep it up!
Now that the picker is out, it's time to start to structure my first team for the 2016 season!! What better way to spend a 43 degree day, beer in hand working on SC!

Typically in the past I've started my team around the must haves. This is based upon each individual's opinion & criteria ie. value, keepers etc, however so far (very early days), my must haves are (in line order):
Backs:
- M Brown Ess Rookie $117K - Should be in top 22 and if plays should score 75+ - Lock for a playing rookie

Mids:
- Ablett GCS Premium Keeper $623K - Cheapest he has been in years won't get cheaper, if fit should still ave 120+, great Captain Option - Set & Forget
- Fyfe Freo Premium Keeper $670K - Best scoring player in the game, if fit should still ave 120+, great Captain Option - Set & Forget
- Libba Dogs Under Priced Keeper $357K - At that price must have. Should ave in top 10 mids by end of year if fit.

Ruck/Forward:
- The Burger Ess Under Priced Keeper $310K - DPP If fit should ave 85+

Forward/Midfield:
- Petracca Melb Rookie $124K - Should be in top 22 and if plays should score 75+ - Lock for a playing rookie-
- Kerridge Car Rookie $138K - Should be in top 22 and if plays should score 75+ - Lock for a playing rookie

Almost Locks Strongly Considering
Mids:
- Crouch B Adel Under Priced Potential Keeper/Upgrade $306K - At that price must consider Could ave +95 points this year. Still not sure if need another trade to upgrade him later in year??
- O'Meara GCS Under Priced Potential Keeper/Upgrade $316K - At that price must consider Could ave +95 points this year. Still not sure if need another trade to upgrade him later in year??

Previous years tried to avoid mid priced players in the midfield and focused more on mid priced players in other lines. But next season may be different.
So potentially already have 8 of 30 players locked away! Easy game this :cool:

Thoughts? What is everyone else doing with their side so far?

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
I've been negative about Crouch and O'Meara as keepers on field... but just occurred to me maybe one of them as a keeper and move to the bench later, 95 is nowhere near enough average for on field mid for the whole year.. you want atleast 15 more than that, I realised Anderson could be a forward so I got rid of Rich and Dahlhaus to bring in Beams and Aish (Leaving a massive 96k in the bank, can change a lot with that)

What should I spend the 96k on?

and your thoughts on the structure guys?Screenshot_3.png