Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
I would be going Parsons if I could. Looks like he has that spot sewn up for now.

I'd love to get him in but being Fwd only restricts me. I have Hannan and Eddy forward, and Hannan is covering Nank this week. He also hasn't made enough yet to justify a trade. I could get tricky and go Hampton to Parsons via DPP (Hibberd into def, Balic into mids) but it would mean playing Parsons at F6 for the next 3 weeks, would leave Balic on my bench, and I think he is good for an extra 10-15ppg over Parsons.

So with all of that, I'm going
Hampton to EVW
Beams to Pendles

I'm burning through trades way too quickly but plan to have a fully upgraded team by round 14... With 8 trades left for the last 8 weeks. Hopefully all my bad luck for the year has already been and gone!

Reactions: Prospector

bat

Development Coach
Feb 11, 2016
After jumping on the merry-go-round of forward premo options I think I've finally ended on Shaun Higgins.

I feel like we are understating the risk on the guys like Yeo/JJK/Heeney and just looking at averages. Higgins I'd put in the same boat of risks but with a locked in midfield role and a relatively okay SOS.

Reactions: Dino

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
Was planning on bringing in Bont for JOM this week, but he really fucks with my bye structure. What R12 Bye players are people running with? Got Tuohy, Danger, Selwood, Nank and Parsons. I guess Yeo is a good option. DMartin has dropped a tonne since the first few rounds.

I wanted Bont too but can't pass on pendles at his price. Bont is pretty much what he started at so I don't fell like I've missed out.... yet.

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
Parfitt >>> Parsons
Beams >>> Pendles

All the rookies get another week to fatten up and Pendles will never be this cheap again.

Last Midfield spot will be for Bont for Swallow before rd 9 bye.

Ice Cold Beverage

Aspiring Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Jan 24, 2017
Melbourne
Peoples thoughts on Laird Vs Simpson?
Simpson at $491k represents amazing value however I feel like Laird is a must have.
Issue is, Laird is $540k and will constrict my efforts in getting in Bont next week...

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Newman being left out has made me rethink my plans. Was dropping Hampton to EVW and Beams to Pendles, but with Newman and Stewart both not playing, it means Ive got EVW on field this week against Adelaide, for what... 40points maybe? Not sure why Horse keeps dropping Newman. He has to play the kids now and these kids wont get any consistency in their game if theyre in and out every week. His BE of 15 is still too low to justify trading him out. Same as most of my rookies actually, which is why Hampton makes the most sense to go this week. I think I just have to suck it up and hope for one of EVW, Stewart and Newman to score 70 each week until round 12.... and hope I get the right guy on field!

Reactions: Dino

smirski

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Jun 5, 2015
Best mid option under 564k? Not sure to bring in hibberd for otten, or bring in a mid for beams.

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
25 trades. Trade options to help with Byes and structure?
Shaw, Adams, Tuohy, Marchbank, Otten, Hampton (Hibberd, Newmann)
Pendles, Danger, JPK, Fyfe, Barrett, Swallow, P-Pepper, O'Meara (Beams, Pickett, Parfitt)
Sandi, Martin (Strnadica)
Dahl, Macrae, Taranto, Rough, Balic, Butler (Eddy, Nank)

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
24 trades left

S. Docherty, R. Laird, H. Shaw, Z. Jones, C. Marchbank, C. Hampton(A. Otten, N. Newman)
P. Dangerfield (vc), T. Mitchell (c), N. Fyfe, Z. Merrett, A. Treloar, T. Taranto, S. Powell-Pepper, G. Horlin-Smith (D. Beams, J. Barrett, Z. Fisher)
A. Sandilands, J. Witts (L. Strnadica)
L. Dahlhaus, T. Nankervis, J. Steele, L. Franklin, W. Hoskin-Elliott, D. Houston (D. Butler, M. Hannan)

Thanking of Houston out for Parsons/Black as Houston will only make about $20k before his bye and Parsons Black should make about $60k this week.

The other trade im thinking is Butler out for either Yeo, Macrae or Heeney. Butler only going to make $40k in 5 weeks

If Hampton does score well this week he will go next week to either Roberton,

AlLewis

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 16, 2017
With McGrath newman and Stewart out I was going to cop a doughnut in defence so instead of bringing in pendles and parsons I had to go with Shaw and parsons. Shaw has been on my radar for a while and I have a few questions with Hibberd. I'm glad he was fairly solid tonight against the saints. Pendles next week...

Reactions: Benj

Crackhead

Aspiring Coach
Aug 28, 2015
What are peoples plans now that Newman has been omitted? Originally i had hampton to EVW... however i have no backup on the bench if any late outs. Plus it will leave me Newman and stewart on the bench and no guarantee when they will be back.
Havw to double downgrade this week, next week coukd be danger and pendles upgrade...