Round 7 Trades

MrGreen

Apr 27, 2015
Is it too late to pick up Balic this week? I couldn't get him last week due to other priorities. Went up $51k but still has a breakeven of -47 and would love him to cover a donut in my forward line this week!

For what it's worth I think Hibberd is worth a look but not at the expense of trading out a rookie too early.

TomCat

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Is it too late to pick up Balic this week? I couldn't get him last week due to other priorities. Went up $51k but still has a breakeven of -47 and would love him to cover a donut in my forward line this week!

For what it's worth I think Hibberd is worth a look but not at the expense of trading out a rookie too early.

It's a tricky one. I would be tempted to bring him in as he could end up being an important rookie with his scoring potential and dpp status.

bat

Development Coach
Feb 11, 2016
Just saw that wasnt going to trade beams but saying that I dont have cover in the midfield, ill wait for teams and hope barrett least that will be cash generation and cover
I think the fact that it's in the same realm of injuries as his knee has me worried. He also had a quad injury at the Pies from what I understand. Add to that he's no certainty to be back after 2 weeks and that he didn't visibly twinge it during a game - very sticky situation.

tiltraise

Development Coach
Nov 13, 2015
I think the fact that it's in the same realm of injuries as his knee has me worried. He also had a quad injury at the Pies from what I understand. Add to that he's no certainty to be back after 2 weeks and that he didn't visibly twinge it during a game - very sticky situation.

Not that sticky for his owners methinks...its time to move him on.

The interesting part is who comes in. I suspect a few might opt for the man in your avatar.

Reactions: Steve and bat

bat

Development Coach
Feb 11, 2016
Not that sticky for his owners methinks...its time to move him on.

The interesting part is who comes in. I suspect a few might opt for the man in your avatar.
I've heard he goes alright at the footy ball game.

Reactions: tiltraise

AlLewis

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 16, 2017
It's a big week for lots of coaches this week with Beams Nank and Greene out. I was going to dbl down this week to get cash gen happening while rookies are available and then double upgrade next week. I might still do that. Maybe flick Beams for McNeice and Butler for Parsons. I'll then have a mountain of cash for upgrades over the following weeks. Who knows, Hampton might score well again this week!?! Pray for no more carnage when teams are announced!

Reactions: Benj

k-red17

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Jun 21, 2015
Something to keep in mind about Beams he has a history of quad injuries. When he was at the Pies he done a quad and the initial 2-3 week injury turned into 16 weeks on the sidelines. I'm already planning my trades with Beamer going out. Too cloudy for me, rather have someone playing those 2 weeks scoring 100's then possibly getting disappointed in 2 weeks time if the Lions come out and give a new timeline on him for his return.

lenny

Development Coach
Jun 21, 2015
I meant that its a bit late to start making the team more like how you wanted to start.
Nothing against the trades as such!
Thats the beauty of hindsight.

With Beams now out its thrown a spanner in the works anyway. May have to keep Swallow to avoid a donut

qarocks

Development Coach
Feb 5, 2016
Really tempted to go Beams>Pendles this week, my midfield is sputtering badly (Danger/Selwood/JPK/Tmitch/Fyfe/Beams)

All systems go!! Although I am now thinking the Bont to have a better balanced R11 players

Reactions: Nicko