Round 7 Trades

Benj

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 5, 2016
London
Utterly confused as to what to do this week. Even though there are a heap of bubble boys I can't work out which, if any, are worth it. EVW, Melican and McNiece all seem to have JS issues. The same goes for Parsons and Black with Menzel coming back in and Scott Selwood pushing for a place too. Now I'm further confused with Beams going down because if I double down then my team structure will suck this week but if I paint the fence then I might miss out on the rooks while they are around.

I mean, as you can see....NFI !!!! Guess I'll just wait for the team sheets and then toss a coin!

Wouldn't mind seeing one or all of the following names when the teams drop either: Barrett, Florent, Eddy, M Hibberd!

I also think that if last week hadn't been such a disaster for a lot of us, this week wouldn't feel so difficult.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Utterly confused as to what to do this week. Even though there are a heap of bubble boys I can't work out which, if any, are worth it. EVW, Melican and McNiece all seem to have JS issues. The same goes for Parsons and Black with Menzel coming back in and Scott Selwood pushing for a place too. Now I'm further confused with Beams going down because if I double down then my team structure will suck this week but if I paint the fence then I might miss out on the rooks while they are around.
Much the same boat.

There doesn't seem to be much on the horizon in the way of rookies. Maybe Myers, but not hearing of too many others. That's why I'm looking to double down this week to grab them while I can, but difficult to pick which are the right rooks this week. I think I'm leaning towards Parsons and EVW. Figure if Parsons comes straight back in that means they like him and will give him a good crack. Black is the backup plan if he's not named. My concern with Black is JS and also that his big score drops out of his cycle next week.

Elsewhere I'm OK. I have Witts at R3 to cover Nank. Don't have Greene. Happy to hold Beams for now and move him next week if it looks like more than 2 weeks - SPP/Swallow/Barrett can cover.

luke394

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Apr 28, 2015
Geelong, VIC

I mean, as you can see....NFI !!!! Guess I'll just wait for the team sheets and then toss a coin!

Wouldn't mind seeing one or all of the following names when the teams drop either: Barrett, Florent, Eddy, M Hibberd!

I also think that if last week hadn't been such a disaster for a lot of us, this week wouldn't feel so difficult.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
I feel ya Benj, beams has thrown a massive spanner in the works.

I have Beams and Nankervis, so im taking the chance to upgrade Roughead to Grundy and swing Nank forward and have cover for him, also going to trade Beams for Pendles as quad injuries can easily be more than 2 weeks as we've seen in the past with Beams. I originally was going to trade Swallow but hell stay for now, as there are other issues to be addressed.

Figure out a strategy thats best for your season long term, dont stress just about one week, in my view if you have to cop a donut then so be it

MrGreen

Apr 27, 2015
For mine, if Parsons is named this week then he's a 100% lock.

With Geelong missing smalls like Parfitt, Gregson, McCarthy and Cowan through injury, they'll want him back in pronto.

Black is far more uncertain and I wouldn't touch him yet.

My trades this week:

Parfitt - Parsons

And thinking of a bit of a sideways and late trade of deadwood Eddy - Balic (who I missed last week due to other priorities).

Reactions: Prospector

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Unless team sheets say otherwise, I will be double downgrading. For some reason, I have a differing opinion to the boys of the podcast. I have a better feeling about Parson's JS than Black's. Stanley is getting closer to being selected imo and I feel Black may make way for him.

Beams can wait until next week to be dealt with. Apparently Eddy kicked 5 last week so he is just waiting for a spot to open up for him.

Every year we get to a certain point where we think the rookies are non existent but somehow they come along. I am hoping that is the case for this year as well.

Zacleonard12

Aspiring Coach
Apr 4, 2016
Should I go beams + otten to Bont + Adams
Or
Bowes + Pickett to Bont + parsons
This is my current teamC81E74EF-10ED-4D09-A9C5-BFDDB4DE73A1-2252-00000187E501716C.jpeg

simon87

Aspiring Coach
Mar 12, 2016
How many players from the one side in your team is too many?
I like the idea of trading Beams to Bont but also have Macrae and Dahlhaus.
Also thinking of Pendlebury but have Adams, Treloar and Grundy already

Reactions: Zacleonard12

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
im taking the chance to upgrade Roughead to Grundy
"Brodie Grundy’s scoring has dried up on the back of
Mason Cox’s return to the side. Grundy averages 64 ruck
contests and 91 points with Cox in the side, compared to
76 ruck contests and 125 points without. As an owner of
Grundy, I’m hoping Cox returns to the VFL."

So says Fantasy Freako, about Grundy in DT. Might be worth thinking on ...

smirski

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Jun 5, 2015
Take the punt on hibberd? Or trade Beams for a prem foward or semi prem mid, can't reach anyone with good history/form in the midfield and backline.

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
Anyone got news on Fisher's hammy? Estimated weeks?

volders

Mar 21, 2017
Was planning on bringing in Bont for JOM this week, but he really fucks with my bye structure. What R12 Bye players are people running with? Got Tuohy, Danger, Selwood, Nank and Parsons. I guess Yeo is a good option. DMartin has dropped a tonne since the first few rounds.

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
25 trades - 290k, 1 up, 1 down or best trade advice?
Shaw, Adams, Tuohy, Marchbank, Otten, Hampton (Hibberd, Newmann)
Pendles, Danger, JPK, Fyfe, Barrett, Swallow, P-Pepper, O'Meara (Beams, Pickett, Parfitt)
Sandi, Martin (Strnadica)
Dahl, Macrae, Taranto, Rough, Balic, Butler (Eddy, Nank)

Nicko

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Feb 16, 2017
Was planning on bringing in Bont for JOM this week, but he really fucks with my bye structure. What R12 Bye players are people running with? Got Tuohy, Danger, Selwood, Nank and Parsons. I guess Yeo is a good option. DMartin has dropped a tonne since the first few rounds.
Only have danger and nank at the moment. planning on bringing in someone with R12 buy this week for beams. I like dusty at his almost bottomed out price but that groin injury everyone's talking about has me a bit worried,will probably go with Joel to be safe.

qarocks

Development Coach
Feb 5, 2016
What do you guys suggest a good % of rookies playing during the bye rounds is?

Bozman

Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Feb 7, 2016
Hi all, bit of carnage in my team like with most. Beams, Nank, Parfitt and Stewart all out. I double downgraded last week, kicking Swallow and going too early on SPP, but now I have some cash.
Thinking this week;
Petrovski-Seton --> Pendlebury
Parfitt --> Parsons

My concern is too many Collingwood players. Adams, Treloar, Grundy, Hoskin-Elliot and now Pendles. Hoskin-Elliot will prob be culled soon, but it's a lot.

Any feedback on my moves?

Attachments

• IMG_0770.PNG
    IMG_0770.PNG
    643 KB · Views: 5

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Found Marcus' thoughts on Hibbard re: injury history a bit strange, played 61/66 games over the his last 3 seasons.

I have doubts over him as a selection ceiling, role/SC style & obviously missing a bit of pre-season and achilles complaint is a worry but injury history isn't really an issue me.

Reactions: cactus and Steve

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Butler and Houston out, Yeo and Black in.

did this Sunday night and haven't reversed the trade yet