Round 4 Trades

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
What about Gawn to Spenser
And Pickett to Swallow.

I'd miss Newman though ...

Can't afford Swallow and Newman this round.

Benj

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 5, 2016
London
So I've settled on Smith > Newman & Gawn > T.Greene via DPP

Requires me to swing Nank to the Rucks and have no back up for Sandi if he gets rested... Calculated risk, hoping either D.Cameron or Spencer will present themselves as viable rookie options. Just feel I've missed the boat on Witts, can't shake the thought that 1 week ago I would've netted an extra 130k going Gawn to Witts.
Mate, one week ago you wouldn't have needed too. Don't stress over Gawn. He won't be there last big name to go down this year. For what it's worth, I'd probably just swap Gawn to another ruck premo and leave Nank forward. He's providing such good security as a swing man and scoring as a fwd premo. Also, the fact that we didn't pick Cameron for the match against the Eagles this week despite having no Tippett or Naismith doesn't bode well for him getting a game any time soon.

Reactions: Dino

Benj

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 5, 2016
London
I have Gawn in my team with Nankervis in Fwd.
I also have Smith/Hibberd on my Def Bench at the moment.
To get Newmann was thinking Gawn to Nank via DPP and Hibberd into Mid, lots of $ (still leaves me with Smith/Hibberd).
The other way would be a straight Smith > Newmann trade, then trading Gawn for new ruck, leaving Nank Fwd or switch Nank to Ruck and gain a premium player either Mid or Fwd.
Advice on trade options.
Leave Nank where he is and trade in another ruck premo.

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
Lots of peeps pulling the trigger on Hibberd.

Id suggest hold unless you cant find any other trade out option for Newman. He was traveling emerg in round 2 and played well for Bees in their prac match on the w/e which suggests to me his return shouldnt be too far away.
Maybe, but who scores more and makes more money faster?

Fbdonkey

Legendary Coach
Staff member
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Victoria
Mate, one week ago you wouldn't have needed too. Don't stress over Gawn. He won't be there last big name to go down this year. For what it's worth, I'd probably just swap Gawn to another ruck premo and leave Nank forward. He's providing such good security as a swing man and scoring as a fwd premo. Also, the fact that we didn't pick Cameron for the match against the Eagles this week despite having no Tippett or Naismith doesn't bode well for him getting a game any time soon.

Apparently Cameron injured his shoulder - otherwise he probably would have made the trip

Reactions: Benj

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
I have Gawn in my team with Nankervis in Fwd.
I also have Smith/Hibberd on my Def Bench at the moment.
To get Newmann was thinking Gawn to Nank via DPP and Hibberd into Mid, lots of $ (still leaves me with Smith/Hibberd).
The other way would be a straight Smith > Newmann trade, then trading Gawn for new ruck, leaving Nank Fwd or switch Nank to Ruck and gain a premium player either Mid or Fwd.
Advice on trade options.
No.2, I think!

k-red17

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Jun 21, 2015
What about Gawn to Spenser
And Pickett to Swallow.

I'd miss Newman though ...

Can't afford Swallow and Newman this round.

I don't like the idea of bringing another rookie type in the rucks mate. Means you'll have to upgrade and burn more trades in your rucks to get your premiums back.

simon87

Aspiring Coach
Mar 12, 2016
What are people's thoughts on Touk Miller? Considering moving on Roughy for him but not sure

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
I think I've decided Gawn to another premo elsewhere. I can't convince myself that Grundy or Martin are worth it. With Ryder out this week I can swing him to R3 and then decide what to do going forward with him next week. Via DPP I can then pick whoever I like, although I don't have any D/M players currently so can't pick a straight DEF player.

My main options:
Bont
Pendles
Dusty
Cotch
Quadzilla
Adams

The others are enticing, but it's probably Bont or Pendles. Toss a coin??? Keep the $43k and just go Bont????

Alekstah

Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
What are people's thoughts on Touk Miller? Considering moving on Roughy for him but not sure

If we look at the current top 6-10 mids, there's only a handful of names which I'd be sure will still be there at the end of the season. Meaning the top 5-8 forwards could be anyones game.

Dal, Macrae, Nank, Buddy (maybe Roo if he stays healthy) should lock up the top 4

Greene and JJK are on the fringe.

Touk Miller looks like a good bet to make top 10 forwards and a good POD

Seppo

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Feb 16, 2016
I would hold on Miller; he's already had a price rise, he's guaranteed to miss you a week, and Roughy just had his highest score of the year so far. I will be targeting Touk Miller in round 10. I think he should be a top 6 FWD and Gold Coast's run home is really good. Getting a couple of those round 9 bye players in before the other byes start should really help boost the ranking during the bye rounds. Maybe a little off topic, but I will also be considering Lynch if his price happens to be really low...like 400k low around round 9, 10, or 11. I think if we can hit the right key FWD at the right time it would almost save a trade with the cash the cheap upgrade saves you. It is risky, but it would be a massive advantage. JJK starting round 14 is also a big consideration for me.

Reactions: the cranky one

Peter

Mar 10, 2016
After listening to the podcast the takeaways I had were:
1) Newman is a must have
2) Roughead has little improvement in him and 85 ave doesn't really cut it
3) JOM is more likely to be a 90-95 average than a 100+ average by the bye rounds

With my bountiful kitty I have gone JOM and Roughead > Dangerfield and Newman. This removes 2 x mid-pricers that aren't outperforming to a super-premium and high cash generating rookie.

Anyone got any thoughts?