Round 4 Trades

deadoralive

Mar 15, 2016
Newman is an obvious in. Thought on getting rid of Jarrod Pickett as M10 for Parfitt? Also, O'Meara......what do we do?

lenny

Development Coach
Jun 21, 2015
Smith -> Newman for sure.

I also have JOM but think im gonna hold. Hes not gonna lose much money if at all, will probably bounce back and score an 80 this week, is that enough? Depends what you thought he was gonna score in the 1st place

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
JSmith > Newman is a no brainer for me

My other trade I have to move out Gawn, 4 weeks is too long to have him sitting on the pine. Considering moving Nank into the rucks and taking my pick of the Fwds (possibly Nroo, Greene or Macrae) this just leaves me a bit exposed for cover for Sandi when he gets rested (I know it's coming) as I only have Strnadica on the pine. Just a straight swap to Grundy or Martin is another possibility...I can see myself changing my mind 50 times this week

Peter

Mar 10, 2016
My biggest issues this week are:
1) Is Marc Murphy for real? Or am I chasing last weeks points? The swap would be JOM > Murphy. Leaning towards no trade.

2) I want to bring in Newman but have no viable trade out option. T.Stewart is the one that would go being the worse of my rookies. Will Newman make $150k more to justify this trade? Again, leaning towards no trade.

Overall I am quite happy with my start (top 4%) and also have $340k in the bank so very flexible at the moment. I have too many mid-pricers (Nank, ZJones, Roughy, Swallow, Steele, JOM, Sandi, Witts) and was ready to upgrade one on to a premium if under-performing after 2 or 3 rounds and apart from JOM they all have shown enough to keep them in with averages over 84.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
J. Smith -> Newman seems the obvious move. Then there's Gawn. Gawn to Preuss perhaps then bank the $400k to upgrade to a premium elsewhere next week?

deadoralive

Mar 15, 2016
Also, another thought is with Witts at R3, should a trade be made to allow flexibility to get him on the field to trade in a Stradnica (or whatever his names is)? Worth another thought.

Coasters

Feb 27, 2016
Sitting in to top 700 atm with alot of luck on my side. Any thoughts on what I should do with my Rucks? I have Goldy Sandi and Pruess. Was thinking goldy to witts and smith to newman leaving 300k in bank. Was hope to ride my luck for one more roud and upgrade rookie to gun for round 5.

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
ATM I'm looking at Gawn to swallow using dpp and Hibbard to Newman leaving me with 575k in the bank to go crazy with next week lol

Tandy

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Feb 28, 2016
Goldy is a worry, I mean do we know he will get R1 back from preuss in a few weeks? I have Witts so I could wait? But I want to get nank in now and swing him forward when Gawns back or get whoever is solid to pair up with Sandi near years end.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
One Josh Caddy has to go, was always a silly starter in my team who to replace him with is a big issue as still really unsure who the best forwards are, I'm tempted to bring in Burton from the Hawks pocket some cash from the move and give me at least another week to have a look at the forwards, I was impressed with him last season and he looks to have got better this year I think that DPP could be quite helpful down the track also.

Newman will come in most likely for Hibbard

Reactions: Hutto76

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
One Josh Caddy has to go, was always a silly starter in my team who to replace him with is a big issue as still really unsure who the best forwards are, I'm tempted to bring in Burton from the Hawks pocket some cash from the move and give me at least another week to have a look at the forwards, I was impressed with him last season and he looks to have got better this year I think that DPP could be quite helpful down the track also.

Newman will come in most likely for Hibbard
Flicked Caddy for Nankervis last week ... if Richmond had selected Soldo as a second ruck to replace Griffiths I wouldn't have done it but they went like for like by bringing in Elton I took the punt on the Nank.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Flicked Caddy for Nankervis last week ... if Richmond had selected Soldo as a second ruck to replace Griffiths I wouldn't have done it but they went like for like by bringing in Elton I took the punt on the Nank.

I thought about down gradibg him to WHE last week opted against it in the end, I suppose it's a good sign in a way that's it's the blokes in my team that I was a little worried about starting that have caused me the most grief so far (Hanners aside).

k-red17

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Jun 21, 2015
Massive Podcast coming up this week from the boys. If you see this lads I need some guidance on Gawn.

Two options:

PREMO FWD OPTION:
Trade Gawn to Roo and move Nanki into the rucks? Sounds dangerous, not in love with the idea of having no ruck cover but the addition of Roo into my forward line would be awesome. Also is Nanki and Witts going to hold up? Can they keep going?

PREMO RUCK OPTION:
The simple way, trade Gawn to Grundy. Or perhaps a Mummy, Stef or even Tom Hickey? Giving me a solid replacement for Gawn. I have Treloar, Adams and WHE from my boys so don't really want to take another one into the weekend haha.

Shane Medcalf

Aspiring Coach
Feb 19, 2017
Massive Podcast coming up this week from the boys. If you see this lads I need some guidance on Gawn.

Two options:

PREMO FWD OPTION:
Trade Gawn to Roo and move Nanki into the rucks? Sounds dangerous, not in love with the idea of having no ruck cover but the addition of Roo into my forward line would be awesome. Also is Nanki and Witts going to hold up? Can they keep going?

PREMO RUCK OPTION:
The simple way, trade Gawn to Grundy. Or perhaps a Mummy, Stef or even Tom Hickey? Giving me a solid replacement for Gawn. I have Treloar, Adams and WHE from my boys so don't really want to take another one into the weekend haha.

Also in the same boat not quite sure i like option 1 either. Option 2 im considering also considering gawn to witts and pocket the cash to upgrade o'mearer next week as im burning a trade on hibbert to newman