Round 4 Trades

Ice Cold Beverage

Aspiring Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Jan 24, 2017
Melbourne
I think if you have Gawn and Nank in the forwards it makes sense to go Gawn to Witts.. he's still cheap, scoring premo numbers and you can ride him up till his bye, make $200k and then sideways to a Grundy? It is a few trades but I see it as getting in a guy that'll make $150-200k which is as good as a rookie...

simon87

Aspiring Coach
Mar 12, 2016
In the same boat with Gawn, not really liking the idea of side swapping to another ruck premo as there aren't any that I'm confident on. So I'm going to take Witts, which gives me 300k odd to spend.
The question is, is it a good idea to leave the money in the bank for a couple of rounds when I can make a couple of upgrades, or should I use it straight away?

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
In the same boat with Gawn, not really liking the idea of side swapping to another ruck premo as there aren't any that I'm confident on. So I'm going to take Witts, which gives me 300k odd to spend.
The question is, is it a good idea to leave the money in the bank for a couple of rounds when I can make a couple of upgrades, or should I use it straight away?
Cash is points IMO. If you want to get someone who is still a little underpriced like a Murphy or Nank for example then do that. Upgrade JOM or someone to a premium mid like a Bont type. I'll be using my Gawn cash next week to turn Taranto into a premo. If you haven't got Newman yet then I'd strongly recommend bringing him in.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Cash is points IMO. If you want to get someone who is still a little underpriced like a Murphy or Nank for example then do that. Upgrade JOM or someone to a premium mid like a Bont type. I'll be using my Gawn cash next week to turn Taranto into a premo. If you haven't got Newman yet then I'd strongly recommend bringing him in.
Totally agree.

Hutto76

Patron '19
Apr 11, 2017
Happy enough with my trades this week. Hibberd and EVW to Newman and Burton.

Now not sure of who to put on field between Hampton and MarchBank? Any thoughts?

simon87

Aspiring Coach
Mar 12, 2016

My only issue is I don't have anyone ready to turn into a premo, the closest would be Steele, I swapped Taranto for WHE last week

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
Hibberd into Newman this week. Holding out for Berry next week, possibly for Taranto. Can't see much else in the way of must haves. Avoiding Gawn & Goldy at the start has been an absolute blessing.

tiltraise

Development Coach
Nov 13, 2015
Lots of peeps pulling the trigger on Hibberd.

Id suggest hold unless you cant find any other trade out option for Newman. He was traveling emerg in round 2 and played well for Bees in their prac match on the w/e which suggests to me his return shouldnt be too far away.

Tandy

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Feb 28, 2016

Id suggest hold unless you cant find any other trade out option for Newman. He was traveling emerg in round 2 and played well for Bees in their prac match on the w/e which suggests to me his return shouldnt be too far away.

Yep I will hold as Ill take Smith out for Newman

Seppo

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Feb 16, 2016

nvm, I see you said round 2 emg. Even though he was rd 2 emergency, EVW did beat him out for that spot. I think if you have Joel Smith and Hibberd (like me), Smith is the trade out for Newman this week and then Hibberd is the trade out next week for either Berry or Williamson. I am particularly interested in Williamson to see if he backs his 77 up.

Reactions: Dino and Prospector

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Opinions on Touk Miller? Always thought he had a good SC game style, has been scoring premo forward numbers since R16 last season very consistent start this season & I don't think Suns have many to come into that midfield do they? I just worry that he's not in the guts enough.

alrighty then

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Apr 30, 2015
Opinions on Touk Miller? Always thought he had a good SC game style, has been scoring premo forward numbers since R16 last season very consistent start this season & I don't think Suns have many to come into that midfield do they? I just worry that he's not in the guts enough.
Wanted Touk to start the season but shied away as I did with Z.Merrett last year. Seems to be producing the goods but whether he keeps it up is anyones guess. I'll be cheering for him as my dad has him and Oliver/Murphy and is currently ranked 11th!1

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015

Wasn't even emergency last week. That doesn't bode well.

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
So I've settled on Smith > Newman & Gawn > T.Greene via DPP

Requires me to swing Nank to the Rucks and have no back up for Sandi if he gets rested... Calculated risk, hoping either D.Cameron or Spencer will present themselves as viable rookie options. Just feel I've missed the boat on Witts, can't shake the thought that 1 week ago I would've netted an extra 130k going Gawn to Witts.

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
I have Gawn in my team with Nankervis in Fwd.
I also have Smith/Hibberd on my Def Bench at the moment.
To get Newmann was thinking Gawn to Nank via DPP and Hibberd into Mid, lots of $ (still leaves me with Smith/Hibberd).
The other way would be a straight Smith > Newmann trade, then trading Gawn for new ruck, leaving Nank Fwd or switch Nank to Ruck and gain a premium player either Mid or Fwd.
Advice on trade options.