Round 4 Trades

Gawn Armi Witts

Aspiring Coach
Apr 18, 2016
After listening to the podcast the takeaways I had were:
1) Newman is a must have
2) Roughead has little improvement in him and 85 ave doesn't really cut it
3) JOM is more likely to be a 90-95 average than a 100+ average by the bye rounds

With my bountiful kitty I have gone JOM and Roughead > Dangerfield and Newman. This removes 2 x mid-pricers that aren't outperforming to a super-premium and high cash generating rookie.

Anyone got any thoughts?
Looks good. The more GnR the better.

My question to people:
Have Gawn, should I just trade him to Grundy or is bringing in Sandilands since I don't have him a good idea?

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Looks good. The more GnR the better.

My question to people:
Have Gawn, should I just trade him to Grundy or is bringing in Sandilands since I don't have him a good idea?
Look at Sandi the same way as Witts. Will he be a ruck in your final team? Or are you aiming for a Grundy/Martin combo, or Gawn if and when he comes back? If you answered yes to any of those then don't get Sandi as you'll just have to burn another trade on him down the track.

lenny

Development Coach
Jun 21, 2015
After thinking all week ill hold JOM, hes not worth burning a trade over plus there's no real standout to bring in for him. Hes out with a knock to the knee. Bah! Think im going to have to bench him and hope he plays next week, if he misses again next week i hope this a rookie that stands out to take his place

k-red17

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Jun 21, 2015
Just traded Gawn to Stef... Works for my bye rounds. Plan to upgrade Witts to Grundy if he deteriorates.

the cranky one

Development Coach
May 7, 2015
holding gawn atm, swing nank to accompany grundy in the rucks, with paddy ryder and strandica riding the pine. picked up newman, and have already settled next weeks trade outs and 1 target, just waiting to see what is on the bubble

Machineman

Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Mar 10, 2016
FWIW Dash, I had exactly the same dilema and went Gawn to Witts. The reason was for the value, cash generation and ability to fix another line.
1. Witts is averaging 98 so should make another $200k even if he averages 95. Given there are not too many rookies looking to make this type of cash, I think he is worth the risk. I'll upgrade him like any other rookie later in the year.
2. Next week (I took Newman this week) I can use the $300K to make one of my mid price back or forward selections (that are not performing) up to a premium. I'll have had a 4 week look at them and I think that is a fair chance for them to perform.
3. I still think cash generation is paramount at this time of the year.
4. The 20-30 points per week I might lose by not going Martin, is made up for by the $300k I spend on another fix it trade.
5. There is a small chance (OK, very small chance) Witts could become a keeper.

I hope this helps.

k-red17

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Jun 21, 2015
I went against the grain and did Gawn to Stef Martin for a POD. Already have Witts and Nank (As a FWD). Don't wanna lose a potential top 4 FWD to cover my rucks. Too much value in Stef or a Grundy for me to pass up. Nank as a FWD there's too much value there also IMO.

Oh what's everyone doing with JOM? Holding? Tempted to trade to Swallow.

Reactions: TomCat

Ice Cold Beverage

Aspiring Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Jan 24, 2017
Melbourne
Gawn for S Martin or Witts? Nank in FWD

I'd go Martin. After initially thinking that Gawn --> Witts was a good idea I've thought otherwise..
Yes, he's
I went against the grain and did Gawn to Stef Martin for a POD. Already have Witts and Nank (As a FWD). Don't wanna lose a potential top 4 FWD to cover my rucks. Too much value in Stef or a Grundy for me to pass up. Nank as a FWD there's too much value there also IMO.

Oh what's everyone doing with JOM? Holding? Tempted to trade to Swallow.

Holding - not worth the trade unless it's to a premo. I'm holding out hope that it is just a one week injury, everyone panic trades him out and then he comes back and starts scoring well.. Worst comes to worst I trade him to a premo next week with the left over Gawn ---> Witts money

Reactions: the cranky one