Rookies 2016

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Sorry - a bit obscure. I just don't trust the Port coaching staff to do what seems the obvious thing. As I've said in the Heat Maps thread the Port coaches baffle me with their moves.
im with you on that. Dont trust Port the way they are playing. They keep losing there could be a revolving door.

It is very tempting though, will wait for teams to be named

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
im with you on that. Dont trust Port the way they are playing. They keep losing there could be a revolving door.

It is very tempting though, will wait for teams to be named
Hinkley doesn't seem to drop any big names. Whenever they're in trouble it's fringe guys who make way. It'll be Neade, Toumpas and Amon in the gun this week, you'd hope DBJ would be safe.

Reactions: tabs

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Might change a bit with Vince returning.
Maybe, but Wagner has a different role and you'd think there's others who'll go first - Hunt, Lumumba, Harmes, M.Jones all possible. Oliver looks ready for a rest too, he looked very flat on the weekend.

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Hinkley doesn't seem to drop any big names. Whenever they're in trouble it's fringe guys who make way. It'll be Neade, Toumpas and Amon in the gun this week, you'd hope DBJ would be safe.
True but if the player isnt fulfiling the role the coach wants him to do, then he will go

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
I see Mathieson (Mid $117k) is down to two weeks on injury update. Ben Kaeys (Mid $117k) can't be too far away from a debut. Petracca (Mid/Fwd $124k) will debut either this week or next. Freeman will get a run at some stage you'd think ($124k mid). Gore will get a run at some stage ($124k mid) but has tenuous JS. Broad will get a run soon (Def $117k). Collins might come into the team soon (Def $117k). Morabito is edging closer (Mid $124k). Plenty of solid rookies coming. Let's not panic and grab every potato that pops up.

Mar 3, 2016
It would help if you read the thread before posting. That question has been posted and answered about 35 different ways so far on this thread and the rd 5 trades.

Perhaps you could be a bit more accommodating and suggest that instead of being so rude. I did read that on the Rd 5 Trades thread after I had posted so I apologise for asking a question that has already been answered about 35 different ways, and yes, it did help.

If you might have looked, I am only new to this forum so I would appreciate a bit of sincerity from an Aspiring Coach such as yourself. I would expect that new members of the forum who hadn't yet had a chance to check out all the threads shouldn't be afraid of posting or commenting without being so bluntly told off.

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
I see Mathieson (Mid $117k) is down to two weeks on injury update. Ben Kaeys (Mid $117k) can't be too far away from a debut. Petracca (Mid/Fwd $124k) will debut either this week or next. Freeman will get a run at some stage you'd think ($124k mid). Gore will get a run at some stage ($124k mid) but has tenuous JS. Broad will get a run soon (Def $117k). Collins might come into the team soon (Def $117k). Morabito is edging closer (Mid $124k). Plenty of solid rookies coming. Let's not panic and grab every potato that pops up.
Mathieson playing NEAFL this weekend

http://www.lions.com.au/news/2016-04-19/injury-report-round-4

Reactions: captainchardonnay

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Perhaps you could be a bit more accommodating and suggest that instead of being so rude. I did read that on the Rd 5 Trades thread after I had posted so I apologise for asking a question that has already been answered about 35 different ways, and yes, it did help.

If you might have looked, I am only new to this forum so I would appreciate a bit of sincerity from an Aspiring Coach such as yourself. I would expect that new members of the forum who hadn't yet had a chance to check out all the threads shouldn't be afraid of posting or commenting without being so bluntly told off.

All good mate, there's a few around that jump quick. Don't stress.

Reactions: TomCat

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
hey guys what are you thinking about trading out papley? could over 100+k and swap tippa or brown etc into the fwd line to get in byrne-jones or similar? I know papley might have a bit more cash to make but BE is like 62 and could start making cash on one of those bubble rookies earlier.... stupid idea? haha
I'm leaning towards keeping him, assuming he keeps getting a game. Their draw opens up after this week and he has hit the ton a coupla times, not bad for a rook! I think I'm in the minority around here in holding tho. Part of me holding too is Milera and Oscar McDonald not playing.

Keep posting any questions on these forums mate, we're here to help each other out!

TomCat

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
a few posts have been deleted as they were completely against our values. We pride ourselves around here on respectful debate and encouraging people to participate. Keep that in mind before posting please

Good work Donk, thanks heaps for that. :)

TomCat

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
a few posts have been deleted as they were completely against our values. We pride ourselves around here on respectful debate and encouraging people to participate. Keep that in mind before posting please

spot the button masher. :D

A friendly reminder to consider our values before posting. :D

Reactions: TwentyThree

Ben Pascuzzi

Mar 1, 2016
Went on a trip overseas so I couldn't change my supercoach side but have come back and I've averaged 1,933 which I'm relatively happy about. I've got $175,600 left in the bank and need to trade out Brad Crouch. I'm thinking of trading out De Goey with him or Barlow, if I do, which one of these should I trade out? And who should I bring in for them? Doesn't matter about position as I have DPP's to cover every position.

Fbdonkey

Legendary Coach
Staff member
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Victoria
Went on a trip overseas so I couldn't change my supercoach side but have come back and I've averaged 1,933 which I'm relatively happy about. I've got $175,600 left in the bank and need to trade out Brad Crouch. I'm thinking of trading out De Goey with him or Barlow, if I do, which one of these should I trade out? And who should I bring in for them? Doesn't matter about position as I have DPP's to cover every position.

Hey Ben - try making this post in the round 5 trades thread. You will get a better response there. http://supercoachcoach.com.au/forums/round-5-trades.t1848/page-3

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
I'm leaning towards keeping him, assuming he keeps getting a game. Their draw opens up after this week and he has hit the ton a coupla times, not bad for a rook! I think I'm in the minority around here in holding tho. Part of me holding too is Milera and Oscar McDonald not playing.
You do have a good point. Reality it if he's doesn't make his BE he's not going to drop massively. At his average of 70 he's still got another $100k+ to make if he can keep it up. The risk is he gets dropped this week and can't break back into the side. A couple of 70's and his BE will be negative again once the 46 and 24 cycle out.

The more the week has progressed the more I've cooled on all these defence rookies and I think I might hold with both Papley and Brown, although if Brown gets dropped that may force my hand.

Fbdonkey

Legendary Coach
Staff member
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Victoria
The more the week has progressed the more I've cooled on all these defence rookies and I think I might hold with both Papley and Brown, although if Brown gets dropped that may force my hand.

I thought Brown played his best game as a forward against the Cats so would be very surprised if he was to be get dropped this week.