Rookies 2016

jibba

Senior Coach
Veterans
May 8, 2015
Yeah, I was also very impressed with Brown on the weekend. Might not have translated into a good SC score but he had a solid game as KPF.
With the pies and blues in the next two, it really is a critical time for Brown to get one or two good 80+ scores to boost his price to the $250-$270k region

Reactions: Mick

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
I'm leaning towards keeping him, assuming he keeps getting a game. Their draw opens up after this week and he has hit the ton a coupla times, not bad for a rook! I think I'm in the minority around here in holding tho. Part of me holding too is Milera and Oscar McDonald not playing.

Keep posting any questions on these forums mate, we're here to help each other out!
I have papley and Lloyd from the Swans in my team. Just when i was thinking about trading them, Ihad a look at their draw and am thinking of keeping both. WC at home, Lions away, dons at home tiges away. We normally beat the tiges in Melbourne not in Sydney.

Although if i do trade Papley i would probably make more cash going to DBJ, Ruggles and co

Reactions: TwentyThree

frosty

Dec 27, 2015
Just back on the 4 def rookies, is anyone confident that any of the 4 will be there long term?

Byrne and Ruggles had a little hype during the PS, but scoring may not be huge. Scott said Ruggles was unlucky to not be playing from the start. Byrne wss in frame for games last year before injury. DBJ scored ok in the NAB. Port fans seem the happiest with him atm compared to the rest LT but is that 90 more seductive than it should be?Wagner has done nothing in the NAB and in R1 so is last week a sign of things to come or a once off?

Basically im unsure which way to go. The general consensus is DBJ it seems but im unconvinced currently.

Thoughts?

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
I started 2-0-6 in defense and it's worked out pretty well - Adams, Weitering, Dea and Tippa on ground, with Mitch Brown and Oscar McDonald (who i'll correct this week) on the bench. I think we may end up keeping 2-3 of those first 4 until pretty late as we upgrade elsewhere first.

I've got the bubble defenders ranked DBJ, Wagner, Ruggles (very close those two) then Byrne. Always a bit speculative those picks, fingers crossed we get them right and they keep playing / make $.

Reactions: smirski and Steve

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Might pay to revisit the NAB form of these rookies to help guide choices:
Byrne-Jones - Full game 67, half game 36
Byrne - FG 43, HG 27
Wagner - FG 24, HG 27, HG 17
Ruggles - FG 77, FG 48

Based on that DBJ looks the best option for scoring. Ruggles is basically continuing what he did in the NAB which is serviceable.

Pretty hard to pick Wagner and Byrne on those NAB scores.

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Might pay to revisit the NAB form of these rookies to help guide choices:
Byrne-Jones - Full game 67, half game 36
Byrne - FG 43, HG 27
Wagner - FG 24, HG 27, HG 17
Ruggles - FG 77, FG 48

Based on that DBJ looks the best option for scoring. Ruggles is basically continuing what he did in the NAB which is serviceable.

Pretty hard to pick Wagner and Byrne on those NAB scores.
That's what I looked at too... I also recall Byrne posting bad scores last year in NAB.. Unless I'm thinking of Boekhorst or something

Reactions: hawker

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
I really liked Byrne from Blues last year as he killed it in the Preseason, then injury struck him.

Hasnt set the game on fire yet so reluctant to pick him.

Will probably go DBJ purely on the BE

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Hewitt is back, but Davis out

Currie gets a crack at Goldstein

Petracca & Cox extended bench

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Hewitt is back, but Davis out

Currie gets a crack at Goldstein

Petracca & Cox extended bench
Interesting that Nicholls is dropped. Good to see Wright in, he might be another good target if he plays well.

The teams haven't really helped with our 4 defensive rookies. All will play this week. Ruggles I thought was on a knife-edge but got picked ahead of Murdoch, Bews and Lang. Henderson rested but probably J.Kolo filling that spot. DBJ is under pressure too with Impey on the emergency list. Byrne probably too with Jamison and White. Still not convinced I want to pick any of them to be honest.... and if I do which one to go for....

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Being a mature age I reckon need to know what Ruggle can offer and will be given at least a month in the team.

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
I going DBJ with my first trade. And toasting up whether to go a second ...

I watched a quarter of football from Ciaran Bryne last year (I think it was in the game he got injured) and I actually liked what I saw. I thought he looked like he had a bit of dash. God knows if it translates into good SC scoring in the medium to long term but he certainly didn't look the roughest.

Reactions: smirski

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
Keays must be considered soon at brissie. Racked up another 30+ last week in the twos i believe. I know matheison was out for 6 with jaw for lions, are there any rnd 15 rookie mids or mid/fwds a chance of getting a look in. With north, gee, haw will be hard but surely gws (hopper i suppose), bris and freo must be looking to blood some. Saw darcy tucker in the nab at mandurah vs richmond and got a record to check who it was as looked handy and clean.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
I got this second hand but apparently Vince has said on radio that Petracca will be an emegency this weekend, and will only come in if Gatlett for some reason can't get on field.

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
I got this second hand but apparently Vince has said on radio that Petracca will be an emegency this weekend, and will only come in if Gatlett for some reason can't get on field.
Yeah they said that Roosy said the same thing on the radio (SEN) this morning.

Reactions: doddy2731

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Cox named on ground, and at Full forward. Joke, sorry meant Cloke out into the pocket. The beginning of the end for Trav if Cox can string a few together.

Capture.JPG

Reactions: Steve