Rookies 2016

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
I dont see Papley getting dropped either after the game on the weekend. McGlynn wont come back in this weekend unless there is an injury.

Will be interesting to see how many games Papley gets before the Swans give him a spell

The Kraken

Development Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 5, 2015
Ruggles has been upgraded - per Scott to give the Cats the option of playing him. For those without him, hopefully a couple of weeks away so our Bomber rookies can fatten up a bit..

Reactions: Steve and Dino

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Anyone worried about Papley's job security who hasn't seen him play should go to Swans TV and watch the 2 videos of him from rnd.2.
http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/swanstv
If you've seen his games I doubt you'd be worried. He is probably the best small fwd the Swans have - at the moment. He is also a 19yo who spent the extra year in the TAC so is likely to be more physically prepared than other 1st year players.
Plus, see this from Longmire:
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-04-03/young-swans-holding-their-own-in-starstudded-team-says-coach
McGlynn played a NEAFL practice match on the w/end but I don't see him as a like-for-like with Papley as he's more mid/fwd.

Last edited:

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Even if Gresham gets named, do you think its worth using a trade and just straight swapping to papley?
FBDonkey recommend against this trade on the podcast yesterday but I'm pretty likely to make this trade I think. He quoted the Touk Miller example from last year ... so yeah ... it is not certain a playing Miller to Papley will turn out to be a good move in hindsight. I'm still pretty likely to do it though.

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Even if Gresham gets named, do you think its worth using a trade and just straight swapping to papley?
Even if Gresham isnt named i wont trade him out.

JSteele and Rocky out for GAJ and Papley.

Im sorry GAJ owners if he goes down this weekend

Reactions: cactus

Fbdonkey

Legendary Coach
Staff member
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Victoria
FBDonkey recommend against this trade on the podcast yesterday but I'm pretty likely to make this trade I think. He quoted the Touk Miller example from last year ... so yeah ... it is not certain a playing Miller to Papley will turn out to be a good move in hindsight. I'm still pretty likely to do it though.

Hey mate sorry if it came across that way. My recollection is that I said I would trade Gresham to Papley if Gresham got dropped this week.
I am likely to make that trade.

bat

Development Coach
Feb 11, 2016
Something I COMPLETELY overlooked which just popped up on FF:

Gary Rohan is 3 weeks away. Papley was upgraded for Rohan.

So there is a timer of about a month on Papley to milk him for all he has.

Reactions: cactus

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Unfortunately it looks like several good backline prospects are getting games a couple of weeks too early. Darcy Bryne-Jones. Ciaran Bryne. Ruggles. No one will be maxed out when these guys are on the bubble.

Reactions: currymunchers

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Something I COMPLETELY overlooked which just popped up on FF:

Gary Rohan is 3 weeks away. Papley was upgraded for Rohan.

So there is a timer of about a month on Papley to milk him for all he has.
Michael Talia went out for foot surgery after rd 1; I'd assume they could move him onto the LTI list. Good spot tho and def something to watch.

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Michael Talia went out for foot surgery after rd 1; I'd assume they could move him onto the LTI list. Good spot tho and def something to watch.
Yeah not too sure why the Swans didn't put him on the LTI