Rd 3 trades

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Rocky -> Gray
Barlow -> Hall

Why I didn't think to have that as the starting combo I'll never know.

That's one reason i'm sitting on my hands, i started both of those if Gray is of the Robbie kind?
That and i have enough of the right rookies not to be trading just yet, it's one thing i've learnt from last year is to know when to hold em' (you know the rest!) lol

Reactions: Brad and Steve

bat

Development Coach
Feb 11, 2016
Hmm, the Rocky trade is a tough one.

I won't be going to anyone more expensive than him. Better off getting someone undervalued before the price rises.

Parker is tempting, 110 is a real possibility. But I think Zerrett might be a better option since he's playing pure mid. 100 average not out of the picture.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Hmm, the Rocky trade is a tough one.

I won't be going to anyone more expensive than him. Better off getting someone undervalued before the price rises.

Parker is tempting, 110 is a real possibility. But I think Zerrett might be a better option since he's playing pure mid. 100 average not out of the picture.

I think whoever you replace Rocky with needs to be a 110+ type otherwise you're using a trade to weaken starting team in theory.

Reactions: TomCat and Dino

jester5au

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
May 1, 2015
Thoughts on Rocky 2 Libba &Barlow to fyfe/gray. Should I stick with Barlow or take gray for value or just get fyfe in?

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
So Rocky is out for 2 and everyone is jumping off? Its a lot of coin for the bench but whilst the bench is going ok i will keep him atm. This could change by the end of the day though

bat

Development Coach
Feb 11, 2016
I think whoever you replace Rocky with needs to be a 110+ type otherwise you're using a trade to weaken starting team in theory.
Yeah, it's a fickle thing. But I'm not too fussed. There may be 10-20 points difference between Zerrett and this best mid I can find. But that 10-20 points only counts between now and when I reinvest the extra $$ in the kitty. So that's likely going to be 2-3 weeks away, at a cost of probably 50 points.

But I usually build my teams like this. Chase value early -> guaranteed to have a full team earlier.

Reactions: The Kraken

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
So Rocky is out for 2 and everyone is jumping off? Its a lot of coin for the bench but whilst the bench is going ok i will keep him atm. This could change by the end of the day though
I think it's more the deja vu of last year scaring everyone off. No preseason and an early niggling injury that he tried to play through but couldn't. When he was fit at the tail end of last year, he killed it. Until he shows something like that form again, 550k is too much for someone who will be in and out and throw up 40s if he's not right.

Reactions: The Kraken and Dino

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Has Tom Mitchell stopped fooling around with Horses daughter? He is SO tempting but can we trust Longmire to play him 22 games??

Reactions: cactus

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Point taken! Second question still stands though.

Reactions: Prospector

alrighty then

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Apr 30, 2015
Unless you are planning on moving Merrett into the fwd line next week and trading one of your fwds to a mid premium, I agree

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
That's one reason i'm sitting on my hands, i started both of those if Gray is of the Robbie kind?
That and i have enough of the right rookies not to be trading just yet, it's one thing i've learnt from last year is to know when to hold em' (you know the rest!) lol

+1

Riding the Gray train. Loving the 127 average. Loving the $595k price. Loving that he's a POD!

Toot toot!

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
Keays had 39 touches in the NEAFL on the weekend, fair chance he gets a call up with all the injuries at Brisbane. Might pay to hold him and not waste a trade out then having to trade him back in later.

Yeah. But I could get 23 touches in the NEAFL and I'm a fat borderline alcoholic 43 year old who's never played the game. I'd probably be starting in the bench too.

Reactions: Fbdonkey and cactus

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
I'm thinking Gresham might get dropped, will find out tomorrow, if he is then

Gresham to Papley (Via Menadue)
Rockliff to R.Gray

keeping Barlow

Reactions: Danz
Mar 3, 2016
Trying to figure out whether to hold rocky or not... the temptation is to trade to parker or down to papley via swing but then ill have like 400k sitting on the bench..! Was going to trade Rich but waiting to see the teams first seeing that he might get up for the game. If I don't trade rocky then i'll have 550k sitting on the bench for two games, but he's really the only one I who could move on to get papley in.

My three options are: Rocky > apply = 400k+ cash, Rocky > parker or equivalent, Rocky > wait it out...

Is Papley such a must have over getting in a premo for rocky? If I get papley in theres a lot of war chest sitting there pre-mature for upgrade time!!

Mar 3, 2016
I'm thinking Gresham might get dropped, will find out tomorrow, if he is then

Gresham to Papley (Via Menadue)
Rockliff to R.Gray

keeping Barlow

Do you have a loophole player? If Gresham got dropped, do you think he could be used for a loophole for a couple of weeks and just go rocky > papley? I guess it depends on your premo structure and how many you have..

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
Trying to figure out whether to hold rocky or not... the temptation is to trade to parker or down to papley via swing but then ill have like 400k sitting on the bench..! Was going to trade Rich but waiting to see the teams first seeing that he might get up for the game. If I don't trade rocky then i'll have 550k sitting on the bench for two games, but he's really the only one I who could move on to get papley in.

My three options are: Rocky > apply = 400k+ cash, Rocky > parker or equivalent, Rocky > wait it out...

Is Papley such a must have over getting in a premo for rocky? If I get papley in theres a lot of war chest sitting there pre-mature for upgrade time!!

BE of -149 pretty much makes him a must have. How many $250k + cash cows are you going to get this year?

Thunderstruck

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 1, 2015
Think I'm going to hold Barlow now.

Rich/Rocky are bigger problems at this stage. I'm just not confident at all on Rich now without Beams/Rocky. He has clearly demonstrated he is horrible with a tag. Rocky is gun but his body can't be trusted at this stage with a limited preseason and clearly looking below his best the first 2 rounds. Not to mention missing a couple of games is enough for me to move him on. JJ for mine has demonstrated enough in the preseason and first 2 rounds that he should be good for a 90+ average which I'd be very happy with. I don't think that's necessarily too optimistic this early.

Now I'm thinking along the lines of

Rich->JJ
Rocky-> one of Parker, T.Mitch or Cripps

Reactions: alrighty then