Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
If Titch was fooling around with Horse's daughter then Titch would be in Jail, She is 7!!
Well that's definitely not the reason then! Hopefully he gets a good run at it this year.

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
Rocky to
Parker or R Grey
i am seriously split on this decision someone please convince me either way

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Rocky to
Parker or R Grey
Toss a coin, Eeny, meeny, miny, moe. Who does your head say and then go with the other one.

Everyone will have a personal opinion but at the end of the day it comes down to your choice. You are the coach, pick one and don't think twice about it. Both are good selections and started the season great. Parker will save you some $, but I am leaning the way of the advice from the podcast.

Reactions: Brad

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Rocky to
Parker or R Grey
Gray because;
- he's the #1 mid at his club (Parker behind Hanners, JPK at least)
- has a better scoring history
- is in his prime (scarily, I think Parker can improve)
- has the easiest SoS

Reactions: Prospector and Brad

alrighty then

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Apr 30, 2015
Rocky to
Parker or R Grey
Main difference, Gray has scored as well in losses and Parker has done it in wins. My choice may come down to my other trade and if I have enough money for Gray. I suppose both are as much of an injury risk as eachother. Who do you like watching more? Haha

alrighty then

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Apr 30, 2015
If you project Merrett can avg 105 then it is basically th same as going Barlow to Hall which we were more supportive of.
Thanks @Fbdonkey, now just questioning myself as to whether he can average that much haha. Why is this so tough!?

oilersfan99

Mar 16, 2016
Hey all
Am looking at 2 potential trades. An upgrade and a downgrade from 2 (supposed) keepers(ish)
Looking to trade out Barlow for Papley which gives me a bunch of cash and i get the best cash cow out there. thoughts?
And looking to trade out Rockliff for an upgrade. Possible choices: Parker, Priddis, Gray or Dangerfield. Or anyone else that looks solid.
Am playing from Canada so havent been able to watch many if any games. Would really love some ideas of what i should do.
Btw my premo mids are: Mitchell, Ablett, Fyfe and Pendles and have Liberatore as well.
My fwds are: Hall, B. Kennedy, Wells, Martin and Kerridge
Please help me!
Cheers

GeoffMack

Development Coach
May 8, 2015
Ranked: 504 overall
Scored 2399 R2
Have 30 trades
Salary: $2,900

My team:
DEF: Shaw, Yeo, Gibbo, Weitering, Dea, Adams, (MBrown, McD-Tipp)
MID: Fyfe, Pendles, Ablett, Parker, Libba, Rockliff, Menadue, Mills, (Hewitt, Davis, Dunkley)
RUCK: Martin, Gawn, (Wyatt)
FWD: Dusty, Barlow, Hall, Wells, Kennedy, Kerridge, (Milera, McCarthy)

Rockliff and Yeo are on the chopping block, Am considering Yeo to Laid and Rockliff to either Crouch or move a fwd to mids and bring in Papley.

Yes it banks $400k but i'm concerned if i bring in paps am I compromising my fwd structure too much?

Thoughts please people!!! Thanks!!

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Hey all
Am looking at 2 potential trades. An upgrade and a downgrade from 2 (supposed) keepers(ish)
Looking to trade out Barlow for Papley which gives me a bunch of cash and i get the best cash cow out there. thoughts?
And looking to trade out Rockliff for an upgrade. Possible choices: Parker, Priddis, Gray or Dangerfield. Or anyone else that looks solid.
Am playing from Canada so havent been able to watch many if any games. Would really love some ideas of what i should do.
Btw my premo mids are: Mitchell, Ablett, Fyfe and Pendles and have Liberatore as well.
My fwds are: Hall, B. Kennedy, Wells, Martin and Kerridge
Please help me!
Cheers
Hello in Canada oilersfan.
There is lots of discussion and advice in the Round 3 Trade thread on exactly these questions - so just join in the discussion there. These exact trades were also discussed on the podcast this week. Well worth a listen. For what it's worth I think Papley looks good if you have a rookie you need to sideways and all for of the upgrade options you mention look solid and should not disappoint. I have Danger and I'm likely to get Robbie Gray in this week. Priddis I'll be all over if he drops in price a bit later in the year. Parker I've decided to let run against me but others are very keen.

Reactions: bat and J-Dog

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
cheers guys
im putting it down to port have a good draw and grey has dominated in wins and loses
and ill prob change my mind again hahaha

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
cheers guys
im putting it down to port have a good draw and grey has dominated in wins and loses
and ill prob change my mind again hahaha
In the game against the Saints, Port were absolutely shocking by foot. It was only that St Kilda ran out of steam that they won.

Dont see Port making the 8 the way they are playing. If they can improve their DE% then the SC scores should pick up as well

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
IMO i think the Barlow to Papley trade just for the cash isnt worth it as it will cost you 2 trades minimum. One trade to get Papley in, 1 out to either a DG or UG and if you DG then another trade to use that cash to get a prem.

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
I dont know if it compromises you fwd structure too much as you would be moving Kerridge to the mids to start for Rocky and then bringing in Papley to start.

Looking at your 13 rookies most of them are going to make you quiet a bit of cash

qarocks

Development Coach
Feb 5, 2016
Luckily I don't have any rookies I need to bring in, so I have decided on the double trade unless Barlow is named in the middle:

Rockliff to Gray
Barlow to Merritt

I'd prefer to have the extra points on field with Gray than keep Rockliff on the bench. Under too much of an injury cloud now for me, I wouldn't bring him back until he has returned to top form.

Decided on Merritt as he has extra midfield time, where Barlow is stuck up forward. I feel Merritt is more likely to score over 110 at this stage, and if he averages 90 I'd be happy. Unsure if Barlow can do that at this stage, taking the 1 trade gamble is worth it imo. Also Barlow is going to go down in value, where Merritt will go up.
If Barlow is named in the middle after all, then I might reverse it. Either way, the Barlow experiment has not been successful.

alrighty then

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Apr 30, 2015
Luckily I don't have any rookies I need to bring in, so I have decided on the double trade unless Barlow is named in the middle:

Rockliff to Gray
Barlow to Merritt

I'd prefer to have the extra points on field with Gray than keep Rockliff on the bench. Under too much of an injury cloud now for me, I wouldn't bring him back until he has returned to top form.

Decided on Merritt as he has extra midfield time, where Barlow is stuck up forward. I feel Merritt is more likely to score over 110 at this stage, and if he averages 90 I'd be happy. Unsure if Barlow can do that at this stage, taking the 1 trade gamble is worth it imo. Also Barlow is going to go down in value, where Merritt will go up.
If Barlow is named in the middle after all, then I might reverse it. Either way, the Barlow experiment has not been successful.
Take where Barlow is named with little Merrett (wee what I did there)

Reactions: Benj

smirski

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Jun 5, 2015
I wanted to get rid of barlow but because of gresham being dropped i feel i needa get papley, however i could still hold rocky thoughts?
At the moment my trades are looking:
Gresham - Papley via Menadue
Rocky - Gray, Parker, Z merret.

Reactions: alrighty then

TomCat

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
I wanted to get rid of barlow but because of gresham being dropped i feel i needa get papley, however i could still hold rocky thoughts?

Sounds good to me. I like the Rocky to Gray trade over Parker and Merrett.

alrighty then

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Apr 30, 2015
FWIW Exactly my situation and with Gresham dropped in looking at Gresh to Pap via Menadue and Rocky to Gray

Reactions: smirski

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Rocky to Merrett, can't say i'm sold on this trade BUT I really liked Merrett pre-season was just scoring potential in a losing side that was the main worry for me, I knew he'd improve playing mainly midfield & that he had the class to make the most of his disposals, obviously he can't keep up 120+ but what do people think of 100-105? that's a top 6 forward I reckon.

I like the idea of getting a genuine FWD premo in for Rocky, Martin or Zorko other options.

Reactions: Steve