Assistant Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Apr 30, 2015
Think I'm going to hold Barlow now.

Rich/Rocky are bigger problems at this stage. I'm just not confident at all on Rich now without Beams/Rocky. He has clearly demonstrated he is horrible with a tag. Rocky is gun but his body can't be trusted at this stage with a limited preseason and clearly looking below his best the first 2 rounds. Not to mention missing a couple of games is enough for me to move him on. JJ for mine has demonstrated enough in the preseason and first 2 rounds that he should be good for a 90+ average which I'd be very happy with. I don't think that's necessarily too optimistic this early.

Now I'm thinking along the lines of

Rich->JJ
Rocky-> one of Parker, T.Mitch or Cripps
The boys on the podcast made me cool a little on trading Barlow. I'm also looking at Rocky -> Gray, Titch or Parker and maybe Gresh to Paps. What surprised me was that the boys were ok with (marcus heavily considering) going Barlow to jj through dpp but we're against going Barlow to Merrett. If I think Merrett can average 105, and JJ around 95, would you consider those similar trades?

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Now, i have been ranting and raving about keeping Rocky but I have come to the conclusion that i just have to get him out. Last year i had numerous guys carrying injuries and then we all know what happened later. I don't have Libba so he maybe the one i grab, but as i do have a little bank seriously thinking of going from Rocky to the next tear of Premo. Saying that the form Libba and the Dogs are in he could/should be a keeper anyway. Thoughts?

Reactions: cactus

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Now, i have been ranting and raving about keeping Rocky but I have come to the conclusion that i just have to get him out. Last year i had numerous guys carrying injuries and then we all know what happened later. I don't have Libba so he maybe the one i grab, but as i do have a little bank seriously thinking of going from Rocky to the next tear of Premo. Saying that the form Libba and the Dogs are in he could/should be a keeper anyway. Thoughts?
I've got Libba averaging 105-108 and sitting comfortably at M8 post byes. Absolutely a keeper. The Doggies can't and won't play like this all year but their surprise scorers so far have come from their outside, run and carry players. That's not Libba. In and under, contested ball and clearances is where he gets his points and nothing has changed.

Without looking at exact numbers, I think he had something like 7 kicks and 19 handballs or something last week for his 115ish score. If he even breaks even 50/50 kick to handball ratio, that 115 becomes 140. He is clearly over the injury and that should've been the only concern with having him in your side.

Do it!

Reactions: doddy2731

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
I've got Libba averaging 105-108 and sitting comfortably at M8 post byes. Absolutely a keeper. The Doggies can't and won't play like this all year but their surprise scorers so far have come from their outside, run and carry players. That's not Libba. In and under, contested ball and clearances is where he gets his points and nothing has changed.

Without looking at exact numbers, I think he had something like 7 kicks and 19 handballs or something last week for his 115ish score. If he even breaks even 50/50 kick to handball ratio, that 115 becomes 140. He is clearly over the injury and that should've been the only concern with having him in your side.

Do it!

The only reason i havn't jumped at it yet is i started with Bont this year, so was a little shy on 2 Dogs in there to start with but Libba is hard to ignore.

Reactions: Steve

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
As much as I'd love to get JJ in, it will cost me either Barlow or Shaw to do it. To me, that's just sideways on a premo with no real reason. Price of the player is pretty much immaterial if they're a keeper which both are. Fortunately, I have all the rookies so it's just one trade for me, Rocky >>>> Parker.

I'd love to get Wells in but that would mean jumping off Mills and ultimately, I don't think either will be a keeper but the cash generation of Wells seems slightly superior. Then again, what price a trade?

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
As much as I'd love to get JJ in, it will cost me either Barlow or Shaw to do it. To me, that's just sideways on a premo with no real reason. Price of the player is pretty much immaterial if they're a keeper which both are. Fortunately, I have all the rookies so it's just one trade for me, Rocky >>>> Parker.

I'd love to get Wells in but that would mean jumping off Mills and ultimately, I don't think either will be a keeper but the cash generation of Wells seems slightly superior. Then again, what price a trade?
Barring injury, I see wells as a keeper. The boys though as much on the podcast too.

While I agree with not sideways trading premium keepers, I'm looking at keeping Barlow but ditching Rocky for JJ via Bartels DPP. That way I'm not going one premo short in the midfield (even if Bartel isn't the same level of premo) and he moves back to defence when Weitering and Dea max out. I'm holding judgement on Barlow for another week. If he puts on another shocker, then the cash I've got from Rocky to JJ lets me go Barlow to Dusty. I'll take a 90 from Barlow this week, regardless of role. Anything less and I'm cutting my losses.

Crackhead

Aspiring Coach
Aug 28, 2015
At the beginnibg of week problem is like most barlow, rich and rocky. Rocky wont play and i reckon i can cover that position. I convinced myself i needed papley as priority. So leaves me with 1 trade to fix.rich to jj or barlow to merret or rocky to merret and back barlow in.
Thoughts re dockers mid, putting a plodder in the centre wont fix their issue it is more likely a player like hill that will inject pace that could be their solution.
Soooo given my doubts on barlow do i want to take the $ hit and do a corrective trade next week or just cut him now and lose on jj? Decisions decisions!

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Barring injury, I see wells as a keeper.

Wells is definitely a keeper, he will be in the top 10 forwards by seasons end for sure (baring injury).
A fit Wells which he seems to be at the moment averages 96 - 100 which puts him up amongst the best.
Massive point gain for little cash outlay is my idea of SC heaven.

Reactions: Prospector

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
Barring injury, I see wells as a keeper. The boys though as much on the podcast too.

While I agree with not sideways trading premium keepers, I'm looking at keeping Barlow but ditching Rocky for JJ via Bartels DPP. That way I'm not going one premo short in the midfield (even if Bartel isn't the same level of premo) and he moves back to defence when Weitering and Dea max out. I'm holding judgement on Barlow for another week. If he puts on another shocker, then the cash I've got from Rocky to JJ lets me go Barlow to Dusty. I'll take a 90 from Barlow this week, regardless of role. Anything less and I'm cutting my losses.

seriously considering Mills to Wells now.......

bat

Development Coach
Feb 11, 2016
I chose not to start Bennedy and the boys are saying he is a must, must have. I was convinced Papley was a must have but when comparing him to Bennedy it's tougher. I see Bennedy having his fair share of 60ish games and levelling those out with ~100 games. So I probably see him averaging 75-80, which gets him to $350k.

Papley is more likely to average 70 than keep this up. He may make a tad more cash, but I need him on field so I think Kennedy pips him in this regard.

Still all over Zerrett though. Cripps the only alternative I've given a bit of thought

Rocky->Zerrett
Gresham -> Kennedy

Reactions: Fbdonkey

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
I chose not to start Bennedy and the boys are saying he is a must, must have. I was convinced Papley was a must have but when comparing him to Bennedy it's tougher. I see Bennedy having his fair share of 60ish games and levelling those out with ~100 games. So I probably see him averaging 75-80, which gets him to $350k.

Papley is more likely to average 70 than keep this up. He may make a tad more cash, but I need him on field so I think Kennedy pips him in this regard.

Still all over Zerrett though. Cripps the only alternative I've given a bit of thought

Rocky->Zerrett
Gresham -> Kennedy

Crops has had 2 solid games by how well he can play and he's still knocked out 100s there's some big scores just around the corner.

Reactions: Prospector

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
The other things with Kennedy to remember is he will play every game, and will most likely be the last upgrade you make in your forward line.
But hey who knows he may average 85-90 (hey it could happen) which almost to me suggests that he could slot into the F7-F8 spot.

Reactions: Steve

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
The other things with Kennedy to remember is he will play every game, and will most likely be the last upgrade you make in your forward line.
But hey who knows he may average 85-90 (hey it could happen) which almost to me suggests that he could slot into the F7-F8 spot.

You'd think he's DE% will drop away but doesn't look the same player he was at Collingwood far more mature and classy.

simon87

Aspiring Coach
Mar 12, 2016
Is Hall a must have? I don't have him and I'm thinking of trading Barlow > Hall. Also think I'll get rid of Rocky for Gray!

Fbdonkey

Legendary Coach
Staff member
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Victoria
The boys on the podcast made me cool a little on trading Barlow. I'm also looking at Rocky -> Gray, Titch or Parker and maybe Gresh to Paps. What surprised me was that the boys were ok with (marcus heavily considering) going Barlow to jj through dpp but we're against going Barlow to Merrett. If I think Merrett can average 105, and JJ around 95, would you consider those similar trades?

If you project Merrett can avg 105 then it is basically th same as going Barlow to Hall which we were more supportive of.

Reactions: alrighty then