Forwards 2016

Mar 3, 2016
I had Higgins from round 1 last year. Was a risky pick but paid off big time......but this year I won't be going anywhere near him.

Few reasons.
Last year he was a defender which like this year is the weakest position.
As a forward there a too many other good options.
He was underpriced last year and so worth a gamble.....not this year.
Last year he had a seemless preseason........This off season he has undergone knee surgery. Will be right for round 1 but.....RED FLAG!!!
He only limped through the end of last season.

And this.......Last year NDS was missing for a big chunk of the season and Wells pretty much missed the whole year......both outside players that will take points off him and probably push him forward where he will rely heavily on goals to score well.
Love my Roos but only Goldy and Wells for me to start with.

Yeah thats a pretty fair point - do you think that the off season surgery was that serious though? He was running only a few days afterwards and it was supposed to clean things up for the rest of the season - i usually avoid guys that have any surgery pre-season but I thought maybe it wasn't really that serious - might even be beneficial in terms of longevity. I am concerned having wells back in but I think it can either go two ways - he drops points as NDS and Wellsy take it off higgo or he goes up. Last year there were a few games where he got tagged a big due to his influence during the season but do you think having Wells and NDS may benefit him more? He looked pretty good in the first NAB and was racking up possies - looking last last year (maybe even better), but then again no NDS and Wells in the first NAB.
He did feature top 3 in the roos goal kicking I think too? Could this possibly improve?? At the moment I took out Dusty and added Higgins so I can fit in hall..!!

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
I'd be interested in his stats for the SCG.
Had some big games there as a Hawk early in his career, before the Hawks started to play Sydney at the Olympic stadium. He's best played there as a deep forward when they clear it out for him. CHF's get lost up the ground at Sydney; the ball just goes over their head on such a small ground. His running around the mids is wasted in the congestion of the small ground. He had some huge games there in his 1st season in Sydney from memory, maybe not so much last year tho. Always feel that the ground is too small to fit Tippett, Bud and Reid / resting ruck.

Reactions: doddy2731

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Had some big games there as a Hawk early in his career, before the Hawks started to play Sydney at the Olympic stadium. He's best played there as a deep forward when they clear it out for him. CHF's get lost up the ground at Sydney; the ball just goes over their head on such a small ground. His running around the mids is wasted in the congestion of the small ground. He had some huge games there in his 1st season in Sydney from memory, maybe not so much last year tho. Always feel that the ground is too small to fit Tippett, Bud and Reid / resting ruck.

Cheers, thought something like that. That ground really isn't suited for a player like him.

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Cheers, thought something like that. That ground really isn't suited for a player like him.
Brereton and Dunstall struggled playing together there too, even against some not great Sydney teams. Suited the Sydney teams with Lockett then Hall, playing with a bunch of smaller flank / pocket types.

crog100

Patron '18
Patron '19
Dec 15, 2015
Any thoughts on 2 metre Peter? Rookie priced at $187k, he should make some coin, his NAB was decent and looks set to play

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Lyon has confirmed that Bennell has injured his calf in yesterdays game. No idea how long he is out for.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
For those considering Sam Gray, have a look at Port's draw. They have a dream start. First 8 weeks reads Saints Crows Bombers Giants Cats Tigers Lions Blues and it isn't too bad after the bye either. Makes the other Gray tempting as well!
Depends on your perspective I guess. Personally I see them only winning half of those games with Crows, Giants, Cats and Tigers all good chances to beat them. Saints have a habit of picking off early wins too and Lions won't be easybeats this year, although both at home so you'd probably give them those. I'll happily give them Bombers and Blues.

The other perspective- Saints, Bombers and Blues are probably the 3 weakest teams and they only play them once meaning the 2nd half of the season is going to be much tougher.

Reactions: Prospector

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Any thoughts on 2 metre Peter? Rookie priced at $187k, he should make some coin, his NAB was decent and looks set to play
I want him in. There's too many options to get him on the field though and at the moment he's sitting on my bench along with Menadue. Ultimately they might have to make way for cheaper rookies if they're staying on the bench.

Reactions: Prospector

lenny

Development Coach
Jun 21, 2015
Are people concerned about Dustys off field situation with his Dad being deported. Is this going to affect his scoring or will he just carry on as normal.

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Deledio confirmed out of the season opener as Tigers confirm he is battling a leg injury.